• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to forum

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ron is likely correct, assuming that the OP owes money on the timeshare. Giving it away is not an option in that scenario. So then, what next?

If there is a lien, it makes no sense to deed it over to a viking ship. Defaulting on the loan payments will kill one's credit. Avoiding the foreclosure is pointless.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is a lien, it makes no sense to deed it over to a viking ship. Defaulting on the loan payments will kill one's credit. Avoiding the foreclosure is pointless.

Whats next is you hire an attorney to present your case to Wyndham, or you do it yourself. and your case is simple "Im not paying another red cent, and you guys have only two choices..Take it back and forgive the loan, or foreclose"

This is no different than the dozens of shortsales I was involved in as a real estate agent (Lee County Florida was the short sale and foreclosure capitol of the world). The banks always resisted but once they understood my client was serious, they allowed a short sale to go through

Ive seen it with Wyndham too; once when the owner claimed the salesman lied, and once when the owner showed them how her financial situation had changed. quick and easy deed back and a satisfaction of the loan was recorded

Wyndham does not employ stupid people. If they arent getting paid, they will get it back to sell again

There is no reason to believe that the outfit that took the ops money wont do their best to get the op out of this deal

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no magic beans, still no pixie dust...

<snip> There is no reason to believe that the outfit that took the ops money wont do their best to get the op out of this deal

Au contraire --- there is substantial reason:

The "outfit" to which you refer was just today overtly outed and plainly identified as a spammer / scammer / shill right here on TUG while attempting some very lame and unconvincing shill postings, name dropping and "inquiry" (...inquiry about himself, as it turns out). This intrepid shill is plainly neither valid nor very bright.

Now banned, there is "no reason to believe" that this outfit will "do their best" for (I should say to) others --- at least not while using TUG as their venue / platform.

P.S. There is no Santa Claus --- and no Easter Bunny either. ;)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I stand corrected, This lawyer is no good..but we didnt know that until todays post

My advice still stands and that is to work this out with Wyndham, with or with out an attorney. There will be consequences, but no worse consequences than if the op just walks away

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the thread that theo referenced - the owner of the website discussed in this thread just spammed TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222035

A reputable business owner does not post spam...

He may not be "reputable", but that does not mean he is crooked. I still do not presume that this outfit would not do what they promote. However it was definitely dumb that they are trying to drum up business through sneaky means.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Beefnot - His offer has all the earmarks of a Viking Ship Scheme. In my book, that is crooked. YMMV

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I see. The Viking Ship debate. Well, as long as the company works in my best interests, I might choose to be a lot less philosophical about the definition of "crooked". But I hear you.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beefnot - His offer has all the earmarks of a Viking Ship Scheme. In my book, that is crooked. YMMV

I read through the guys website..All I saw is that he would review you case. If he thought he could claim fraud he would take your case to the company in question

I may have missed it but I didnt see any offer to transfer your ownership to another party

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you see his OWN claims about what he would do in his spam thread? Not one word about investigating and proving fraud.

They said that I would need to do a deed transfer to get it out of my name and that it would take upto 6 months max to complete.

They said they aren't selling it, they are doing a deed transfer where they transfer it back the resort. They said it was different from the companies promising to sell it.

Last edited: