• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Checking to see if any one knows correct [Westgate rescission] address?

Chewbs

Reaction score
Any one know the correst address to send the cancelation letter to? Went to one at the Orlando west-agate plaza seminar. Sent this cancellation letter to this address along with 2 other addresses we found in the paper work.

January 13, 2015

Westgate
6145 Carrier Dr
Orlando FL 32819

We wish to cancel contract number xxxxxxx dated January 7, 2015. We wish all down payments and the additional xxx payment returned to us and any ongoing expenses stopped. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida within ten days. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card or any future payment. Please confirm that you have received this legal timeshare contract number:xxxxxx rescission in writing. If we hear no response we will take that as our contract is canceled. We expect our refund within the 20 day legal period.

Signed (husband) _____________________, (wife) ______________________ Date January 13, 2015.

Any one know of the 100% sure correct address to send the cancel letter to?

And very minimized story of our encounter just for people to learn what kinda people you deal with.

Finely took the bait with a time share shpeal. All the dazzly options and perks. Signed the papers and were off!

After we get home I start grinding numbers, and start seeing the lack of information they actually give you, so I investigate online. I do some home work and find out its all pretty bad. No customer service massive small fee's for this that and every thing. I decide eh not worth it. I'll check the paperwork that I had to find in a sneaky pocket (thanks online community for showing me this secret)10 days. day 3 Give em a call, No answer. Day 4 call No answer, I call owner help line, talk to a lady who says she has no information for me and the only person who can help is the guy I cant get a hold of I pressure her again that im dealing with a time sensitive issue any one with answers will help, she has a line that she can contact him with, but I cant have its a internal number. O' hell call you tommarow he was out for a few days. I go online to find out where other people are sending these cancellation letters (Again Online community saves the day) The next day, my wife finely contacts him. She messages me on facebook that he said WE >>>CANNOT CANCEL<<<< (What kinda bogus rubbish *** is that) It was ours on the day we signed it he tells her. She explains the 10 day period to him, and he begins to harass her, she hangs up and tells me to talk to him. I contact him 5 minutes later. I tell him we are canceling and understand the law and would like an address for this letter, he just keeps trying to sell me, and I receive no info on the address. He then starts to question why I am canceling (after lieing to my wife that we can't cancel) and said its cause I said so. He then trys to say there are things I will have to pay for in the closing of this deal and other fee's. I said thats ok, any thing that was paid to for down payment and after I get returned. He said nope most of it we dont get back, so I took his gamble and said how much. Then he had to say he doesn't know has to contact corporate. I said ok make that call find the number and get back to me. 5 minutes later he said there is a 50 dollar cancellation fee. I said great that will do! End of my nightmare...NOPE 5 minutes later he calls back again! Aww I was wondering where you found this cancellation information from, did your rep tell you (to my self im thinking why does it even matter) no I got it from the paper you hid in my Briefcase we got. o OK and hangs up. Never in my life have I ever seen such deception in a business. I hope I get out of this I wont know for a few days...sigh.

Thanks for listening to the story hope this doesn't anoy people here, I just saw some other similar posts so figured Id drop a message to.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Generally the rescission instructions are pretty explicit. if you followed the instructions to the letter, mailed your letter to the address it said, and asked for a Return Receipt so you can prove they received it, the postmark on the outgoing letter is sufficient proof that you were within the rescission timeframe. There are X days from the date you signed that the rescission letter has to be postmarked. It varies by state. If you were within the timeframe, you're probably good to go. Don't call anyone, and don't take calls from anyone. They'll just want to try and talk you out of it. It may take several weeks or more until it's over with.

If it works out, and you later decide to buy again, look into the resale market. What you bought from the developer for thousands can usually be purchased resale for pennies on the dollar. And there is no practical difference between new and used in timesharing. By the time you arrive to stay at your "new" timeshare, someone else has already slept in that bed.

Good luck!

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The info and contract is in a hidden pocket inside the back cover of the binder you got. The address is in Ocoee, FL, and you can search for 'rescind Westgate', or even 'Ocoee'. I am not home right now on my PC but you can find it. There have been a bunch of threads on this subject. Add to your letter, 'Promotional materials to be sent under separate cover or they will charge you $50 for them. Then send 'em back by pack mule or smoke signals at your convenience.

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Generally the rescission instructions are pretty explicit. if you followed the instructions to the letter, mailed your letter to the address it said, and asked for a Return Receipt so you can prove they received it, the postmark on the outgoing letter is sufficient proof that you were within the rescission timeframe.
Actually you want to send the letter certified mail so that you get a receipt from the post office showing when you mailed it. The date you mail it is the key--not the date it is received by the developer.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Actually you want to send the letter certified mail so that you get a receipt from the post office showing when you mailed it. The date you mail it is the key--not the date it is received by the developer.

I think we're saying the same thing. Or at least I think we are. :)

Dave

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I think we're saying the same thing. Or at least I think we are. :)

Dave
We're pretty close, but I just wanted to emphasize that it is very important to get the certified mail receipt from the post office. The date the letter is mailed is the proof that the person rescinded the contract within the rescission period.

Once the letter is mailed the post mark on the envelope goes with it and wouldn't be in the possession of the sender, but the sender needs that certified mail receipt to prove he mailed it in time. The rescission letter has to be mailed by a certain time but not necessarily received by a certain time, so a return receipt is not nearly as important as the certified mail receipt.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We're pretty close, but I just wanted to emphasize that it is very important to get the certified mail receipt from the post office. The date the letter is mailed is the proof that the person rescinded the contract within the rescission period.

Once the letter is mailed the post mark on the envelope goes with it and wouldn't be in the possession of the sender, but the sender needs that certified mail receipt to prove he mailed it in time. The rescission letter has to be mailed by a certain time but not necessarily received by a certain time, so a return receipt is not nearly as important as the certified mail receipt.

I agree with your emphasis. We did say the same thing, but you said it better. My return receipt comment was meaning the post office's formal receipt process, which guarantees postmark. Certified and Return Receipt are not the same thing. I didn't mean the day Westgate received it, or anything after it left the sender's hands. But it's all good. As long as OP gets the letter handled properly.

Dave

Chewbs

Reaction score
thanks

Awesome, yea I did it the way your guys were saying to, so every thing should be fine! I appreciate your guys help and quick responses. Again thank you for taking the time to toss me some helpful advice!

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
I noticed in your op you used 6145 carrier drive as the address
This is the Westgate palace resort address.
the corporate address is
Westgate resort corporate office
2801 old winter garden rd.
Ocoee Florida 34761

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed in your op you used 6145 carrier drive as the address
This is the Westgate palace resort address.
the corporate address is

Westgate Resorts, Corporate Offices
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd.
Ocoee, Florida 34761

Excellent point. The Ocoee address you've just cited is indeed the correct one to use for the OP's rescission letter --- not the resort address in Orlando.