• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where are sightings/distressed listings?

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been on TUG a long time now. I keep reading about sightings/distressed listings? Where are they? Is this the same as exchanges in the marketplace? Or the bargain basement section?

I look at the private forum section and there is nothing there.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's right below the TUG Lounge, but you must be a TUG member to access that forum.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise,
Under the Private Forums, I see nothing even though I am logged in. What am I supposed to see? Why can't I see anything? Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A.Win - Under your name it shows that you are a TUG Guest - if you have actually paid for membership, you still need to change your status to "member.' For a how-to, click on BBS Help at the top of the page, and scroll all the way down to the last link.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise. I now appear as member instead of guest. Can't believe I've missed out on all those messages all this time... Does this change give me access to anything else? I have been an "unofficial" member the past couple years, but I wasn't using all the features apparently.

I now have yet another place to check out. I thought I was already spending too much time on here...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also - free Marketplace Ads, and access to the Members only Reviews.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Also - free Marketplace Ads, and access to the Members only Reviews.

She should have been able to see those already since the change from guest to member on the forums only affects the BBS not the rest of tug.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi John - You can only PLACE an Ad if you are a paid member, and you can only access the full Reviews Section if you are a paid member. Log out, and try to access a specific resort review and it will ask you to log-in for access.

Last edited:

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think John is trying to say that I already had access to reviews and the marketplace. I was already a paying member. By adding the member code to the BBS registration, I am now seeing Distressed/Sightings for the first time ever. This extra step should be a requirement for every member. I don't see why TUG needs to complicate matters with this extra step.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can view and post on most areas of the BBS as a guest, but Sightings and Distressed is a member's only forum, and you must be a paid member to access it. Think of it as an extra benefit for people who pay for membership.

Last edited: