• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruising TUGgers--It's that time again! [merge]

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Anybody out there up for a Mediterranean Cruise? If so, have I got a deal for you.

Many of you are aware of a group of TUGgers that are part of a Yahoo group known as the Cruising TUGgers. Back in 2004 a few TUGgers got together and organized the 1st TUG Cruise. We embarked on our sail of the Western Caribbean on Jan 23rd, 2005 and have since had two other cruises.

Our 4th cruise will set sail on Sunday June 13th, 2010 and will be a seven day cruise of the Western Mediterranean. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, more info is available at the Yahoo group Cruising TUGgers website. This is a restricted group(to avoid spammers) but, if you are currently not a member all you have to do click "Join this Group" button in the upper right, follow the instructions, and a moderator will authorize you for membership. Once there, you can view recent messages etc. On the left hand side is a list of resources; the 'files' link takes you to a page that has more specific info on the cruise.

There is also a "Roll Call" thread started on Cruise Critic's website with more info that is specific to this sailing.

PLEASE NOTE:
TUG is not sponsoring, hosting or sanctioning the cruise and is not responsible for any aspect of the cruise. Those who sign up for the cruise do so with full knowledge that the only aspect that is different from making their own individual cruise arrangements is the opportunity for possible special pricing and/or on board benefits that might not otherwise be readily available. None of the organizers of this group will receive any cruise benefits or cabin discounts not otherwise available to all other 'Cruising with the TUGgers' group participants.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what cruise ship this will be?? I am intrigued! We will be in Paris around that time anyway so maybe I can just extend my little get away. :clap:

Katherine

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Mas, and all...Philip & I are very interested in this cruise idea. We enjoyed the first two so much, so please add us to the actively interested list. I'll go to CC to find out more.
Jean

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jean,

We're up to 11 cabin's booked and have a few Balcony cabins and a couple of inside cabins left. It would be great if you could join us!

Kathy Q

fnewman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Platinum member: Diamond US Collection, Cypress Point I, Powhatan Plantation, San Luis Obispo.
We're planning to go, with a T/S week either before or after. I need spanish classes !!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank, and interested others, go to www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/ This may give all of us as much of a refresher as we might need. The price is definitely right. The area where next summer's cruise is going, English will be widely spoken, so depending on where you are going pre-or post cruise, might influence which buenos dias, bon giorno, or bon jour you want to freshen up on.

Jim Ricks

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We're now up to 12 cabins. My sister-in-law Shelley and her friend Donna just booked a balcony. We still have 2 inside cabins and a few balcony cabins left. Let me or Sandy know if you are interested!

Kathy Q

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

One thing I wanted to mention is that once you've booked the cruise with the group, NCL will refer you back to Sandy or me if you have questions or changes. Just wanted to be sure everyone knows that you should come to us if you need any additional information. Our phone numbers and email addresses are available on the Cruising TUGgers Yahoo site.

Look forward to seeing/meeting you on the cruise!

Kathy

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on Who's Cruising and an NCL Promo

Hello Everyone!

We're now up to a total of 14 cabins.

I found a great promotion that NCL was offering, that was very advantageous. The new promo was offered to all our current group members, and nearly everyone took advantage of the promotion. At the time, that promotion offered non-group rates that were better than our existing group rates. NCL's promotion offered the opportunity to also upgrade people from a Balcony BB cabins that they booked with our group to Balcony BA cabins booked outside the group. We offered this for everyone as it yielded a savings of around $300 per cabin (based on double occ) plus NCL threw in a $100 onboard credit per cabin. Apparently the promotion was too successful, as the pricing has gone up, and the price available now nearly matches our current group rate, but still offers some savings. We completed and rebooked everyone in our group before the price change went into effect. :clap:

So what does this mean to those of you who haven't yet booked? We still have our inventory of 12 Balcony BB cabins available, 1 Oceanview Cabin and 2 Inside cabins at the guaranteed group rate. We have those cabins on Hold and available for a few more months yet. So if other do decide to join the group we have those guaranteed rates locked in, should the price of the cruise increase. But when our group inventory is gone, we can no longer guarantee pricing.

So remember for anyone who does book and is worried about missing out on a better deal that comes later, Sandy and I will always be on the look-out for the most advantageous fare, and will advise you and let you decide, should better pricing or options become available.

Cruise on! :wave:

Kathy Q

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Cruising TUGgers,

I'm seeing that a lot of people are looking at this post. I wanted to let folks know that while we still have cabins at the locked in rates, the best hotel deals are booking up. If you have questions, please feel free to ask them. We'd like to make sure this is the best possible vacation for everyone! :cheer:

Kathy Q

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on Cruising TUGgers

Hello everyone,

In about 2 months, NCL may begin to take back the group's unsold cabins. It will all depend on how many cabins they have/need as they sell them directly. Once they take them back, we will no longer be able to offer the group rate. I'll give you an idea of how our group prices compare to today's prices. We've reserved three cabin categories, JJ (Inside), EE (Ocean View) and BB (Balcony).

Cruising TUGger Group rates for those cabins are:
J - $794.61 per person based on double occupancy
EE - $944.61 per person based on double occupancy
BB - $1244.61 per person based on double occupancy

Current prices for the same cabins are:
J - $993.64 per person based on double occupancy
EE - $1153.64 per person based on double occupancy
BB - $1553.64 per person based on double occupancy

How much more would it cost you to book at today's prices?

J - $199.03 per person based on double occupancy (~$400/Cabin)
EE - $209.03 per person based on double occupancy (~$418/Cabin)
BB - $309.04 per person based on double occupancy (~$618/Cabin)

Although we've sold 12 cabins, we moved 11 of them out of the group booking to take advantage of a great promotion. This has resulted in two benefits to the group. We still have 12 BB/Balcony cabins to offer at the group rates and, the people we moved to the promo rate got a better balcony cabin at a huge savings over today's prices.

Today, the BA cabins they are now booked in would cost $1603.64 PP/DO and they only paid $1098 PP/DO and received an additional $100 per cabin On Board Credit! That represents a $505 PP/DO savings plus the OBC.

In addition to the twelve BB Balcony cabins, we also still have one EE Ocean View and two J Inside cabins available at the group rate.

So, if you're thinking about joining the group, now's the time to do it. I am currently working with a shore excursion company to set up a separate web site, just for the Cruiseing TUGgers to use to book shore excursions. I should have that up and running next week.

Here's a link to the Cruising TUGgers Yahoo Group, where information regarding the cruise is posted.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CruisingTUGgers/

Just request to be added to the group and you will have access to all of the information about the cruise.

See you in Europe!

Kathy Q

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Down to the wire... NCL sent a note that they will be pulling back any cabins without a deposit as of February 13; less than 1 week. If you're thinking about going, now is the time to contact me!

Kathy Q

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy

Can you plan next year in Alaska? We'll be there!

Or how about Mexico in the Spring before it's hot and rainy?

We'd love to do a group cruise but looks like EU is out of our travel range with our limited time. Have a wonderful time though!

Katherine

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathy

Can you plan next year in Alaska? We'll be there!

Or how about Mexico in the Spring before it's hot and rainy?

We'd love to do a group cruise but looks like EU is out of our travel range with our limited time. Have a wonderful time though!

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I'll be posting a couple of polls on the Yahoo site after the June cruise to get an idea about what people might be interested in next. Are you part of the Cruising TUGgers Yahoo group yet? If not and you want to join, here's the link.

Sorry you can't join us this time but I'm looking forward to meeting you on a future cruise!

Kathy Q :cheer:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Katherine,

I'll be posting a couple of polls on the Yahoo site after the June cruise to get an idea about what people might be interested in next. Are you part of the Cruising TUGgers Yahoo group yet? If not and you want to join, here's the link.

Sorry you can't join us this time but I'm looking forward to meeting you on a future cruise!

Kathy Q :cheer:

Just joined! Thank you... K

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
joined today
I guess i missed this one

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
joined today
I guess i missed this one

I checked this morning and NCL hasn't pulled back the cabins yet. It's up to them and they can pull them at any time. A $250 deposit per person (minimum of 2 people per cabin) will hold the cabin. That is totally refundable until the final payment is due on March 30.

I also checked on Cruising TUGgers and it looks like one of the other moderators approved your membership. You should be able to check out the info about the cruise there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kathy

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
It turns out it is the same week as my sons summer scout camp
I have to see if i can get another Dad to replace me.

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
It turns out it is the same week as my sons summer scout camp
I have to see if i can get another Dad to replace me.

Okay. Hope you can join us!

Kathy

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone is still interested in going, there was a last minute deal offered by CruCon. Don't know if there are still cabins available. We have 12 cabins booked on the cruise (24 people).

Here's the link: http://www.crucon.com/tz5.htm

Kathy Q

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The airfare is so high from Denver. Too bad! I would love to go.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
The airfare is so high from Denver. Too bad! I would love to go.

If you have a mere 250,000 delta skymiles you could book two FF tickets from DEN->BCN. You would have to fly coach though. :(

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from a week at Marriott's Playa Andaluza followed by a stay at the Mont Blanc and then a Med cruise on the Jade. After a 26 hours of travel I'm still in a bit of a daze to do up a trip report other than to say the trip was a lot of fun. I'll have more to say in the next day or so and I'll post it to the yahoo group list.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Ed

Last edited:

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from a week at Marriott's Playa Andaluza followed by a stay at the Mont Blanc and then a Med cruise on the Jade. After a 26 hours of travel I'm still in a bit of a daze to do up a trip report other than to say the trip was a lot of fun. I'll have more to say in the next day or so and I'll post it to the yahoo group list.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Ed

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. One of the folks going had a specific question about Rome. She can get a personalized tour of the Vatican but she has to get there by 10:30 a.m. Is that do-able given when we'll be docking? What time were people actually able to get off the ship?

Look forward to your expanded report on Cruising TUGgers!

Kathy Q