• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to HGVC

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just bought a Gold one bedroom suite at the Tuscany village in Orlando on I-drive. I have yet to fully "digest" everything about it yet, but we are excited about owning our first timeshare. Hilton hotels are my favorite hotels to stay at while traveling for work. So, I feel good about owning a Hilton Vacation timeshare. Since I am new to all this timeshare stuff. Any information you "veterans" can give (things to look out for, unknown benefits, etc..) would be greatly appreciated. I know that I will be posting here in the near future with many questions. Thanks in advance.

Da Wolf

Negociant

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought from the developer, rescind at once and pay a fraction of the price resale. Your 5,000 points should cost no more than $5-$6k resale. If you bought resale, congrats, you are in the right place -- lots of great info here.

We use the heck out of our points. In the last two years, we have used our points for Orlando, Miami, London, Portugal, Cabo San Lucas, and Las Vegas -- and we are heading back to Portugal next week. It's a very flexible system that will be worth its money if you plan ahead and use your points wisely. You might consider a HHonors credit card to collect HHonors points. They work well used in conjunction with HGVC points.

Last edited:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC is a wonderful system. Welcome to TUG! :)

But if you did buy directly from Hilton, and are in the rescission period (usually 7 days) I suggest you do rescind right away and learn the system and then buy on the resale market.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with the others -- if you bought from the developer and can rescind, do so and buy resale. There's almost no advantage to buying developer.

Other than that, congratulations. HGVC is a great system. I own 12,000 points and love it. Take the time to learn the system. The sticky on HGVC advice links is a great place to start. Especially the overview document, here. Learn the difference between the seasons -- home resort season, club season, and open season; and learn how to use each.

Welcome to HGVC and to TUG.

-Bob
P.S. I also recommend joining TUG. Best $15 I ever spent. The reviews alone are worth it.

Elsie Mae

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best place to find the info you are looking for is on the HGVC Bulletin Board forum, there is something called a sticky note, entitled "Hilton / HGVC Advice Articles Link"
There are links to alot of very well researched info about how to use the system.

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the timeframe for rescinding your purchase from the developer? We did purchase from the developer, and am seeing that it was a HUGE money mistake. Cause there are alot of other options out there.

Negociant

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you do a search, there will be lots of posts on recisssion like this one. It's probably 7 days but post your findings for the good of the order.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
What is the timeframe for rescinding your purchase from the developer? We did purchase from the developer, and am seeing that it was a HUGE money mistake. Cause there are alot of other options out there.

Read your contract... The rescission clause is usually in bold or caps at the bottom. Follow it TO THE LETTER, even if you think there's a better way. Only if you do it as the contract provides will you be released.

Last edited:

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I found it hidden in the contract. According to Florida law we have 10 calendar days from the day we signed to rescind the contract. So, that gives us to the end of the week.

Negociant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Good thing you found this place now. You just saved a bundle. After you execute and wiggle out of the developer contract, contact Judy or Seth, both of whom have lots of inventory and can set you up with a package that makes sense for you and at a good price.

And if you don't mind posting how much Hilton is charging for the 5000 point Orlando package, I am sure we all are curious.

Good luck!

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't tell ya how much the 5000 point was But the 7000 point purchase is running an astounding $26,000 and some change. Payments were 120 payments of about $525 a month at 16%. We didn't get that one of course. We actually opted for a lower amount then 5000, and I guess you could say we got screwed on the price. LOL At least until now.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Hilton is a very flexible system and we have enjoyed our membership. Welcome to HGVC and to TUGBBS.

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG

If you end up with HGVC you will love it!
We have 28000 points and we try to keep it in deficit mode! HGVC is really the most flexible and they offer great places to stay!

I hope you find what you are looking for!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
DO NOT let this experience sour you on the HGVC system. It is otherwise, very user friendly and flexible, has a good website and helpful CSR's. If you buy from a reseller, you'll have the same rights as someone who bought direct (save only "elite" status at 14K).

Last edited:

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not letting this put a sour taste in my mouth. I know they are only trying to make money. And I now know that everyone does something like this. Normally, I would do alot of research before making this kind of purcahse. But it was a spur of the moment purchase, if you know what I mean. And am glad that I found this webpage before I could not rescind my purchase. So, I am very thankful to y'all. I have already called an emailed Judi about a new timeshare for half the price and less fees. This will be a very frequented website now. Since y'all have saved me a bunch of $$$$$.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Da Wolf,

If you do your homework, you should be able to find a better price than half.

smshick

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought from developer last year

Welcome to TUG and HGVC. We just purchased our first timeshare just about one year ago, also at International Drive. We were offered a very low rate to stay and try it out and meet with the developer. We fell in love with it and it felt like home. Loved the big kitchen and the washer and dryer and balcony.

We are probably in the minority, but since this was our first timeshare, we decided to just buy it directly from the developer. I think we still got a pretty good deal. For 5000 club points, gold season, we paid $20,000. Along with that, we received 15,000 bonus RCI points. I have been giving our parents the Club points to use, and we got 3 free weeks of vacation to use.

If you want to reserve an HGVC, just do it as early as you know your dates, and you should get what you want. I'd just doing the online changeable option, which only costs $49 vs calling on the phone.

If there are any RCI sites, book that way early. I believe you can start a search about 2 years in advance of when you want to go. Planning is very helpful to get the more popular places during the higher seasons.

Best of luck.

Siao Mei

Bustah

Reaction score
Talk to Seth and Judi for great sources of information, but you can expect to pay somewhere around $5K for 5000 pts, $10-12K for 7000 pts resale.

Yes, there are even lower prices out there if you watch for them, but I'm trying to avoid all the arguments that say you can't get a 7000pt package for anything less than $10K :wall:

If you're not in a hurry, read through the info on TUG first before jumping into your next sale and get some ideas on what folks recommend for locations, number of points, maintenance fees, and type of season to purchase. Tons of great information and different opinions that may match your lifestyle and desires.

Welcome to TUG and you'll love HGVC if you stay in the program!

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, after talking with Judi and getting some prices. She found me the exact same timeshare I HAD with Hilton. I have the 3,400 bi-annual points (start out small since this is my first timeshare, and tight on budget so this fit just right). Hilton wanted $11,000 for this. And Judi gave me the exact samething for $3,500. The best $7,500 I have saved in a lifetime. I know we could have gone with the 5,000 points, but the yearly maintance fees were a little high for us right now. Plus we only take a week vacation a year. So, this one works out just right for us right now. Plus I know that when the time is right, we can sell this one for more points.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a thought or on this...

Maintenance fee's with HGVC are determined by the size of the unit...NOT how many points you are getting.

The number of points you are getting is determined by the SEASON of the week you are buying. 3,400 points I belive is a gold season 1 bdrm, and you've stated you are getting every-other-year (EOY) to help with the maintenance fee's.

If you can, check and see what platinum 1 bdrm goes for. It may be they don't sell platinum as an EOY, but if they do you'll get 4800 points and the maintenance fee's will be exactly the same as what you are buying.

One other thing, as much as we love timeshares here on TUG, they are a luxury purchase. I have an EOY in Hawaii to keep costs down, both in travel and MF's. That said, you seem to be in a hurry to get into HGVC and you may want to simply step back from all of this for awhile, get educated and see what really works for you. In the meantime you can sample systems and rent weeks for much, much less than this purchase will run you...in some cases less than an annual MF will cost.

It's important to be able to have money left over to actually vacation. The timeshare, any timeshare is just a place to stay. You still have the other remaining vacation expenses to account for and if things are tight right now, a TS, even at resale pricing may not be for you right now. Timeshares are easy to buy, but difficult to sell.

Something to consider.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
In order for there to be resale unit, every unit must first have been purchased from the developer. Most here on TUG did learn the hard way but have gotten smarter. Some like yourself, got lucky, and some are just plain smart and find TUG before they purchase anything.

The vast majority of timeshare owners never find TUG.

So you are already ahead of the game.

You will enjoy HGVC. It is a great system.

Last edited:

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just being curious with this question. But, what are the advantages of owning at more than one location? I am in NO WAY doing this right now. But have noticed that alot of you have more than one location. And it has peaked my interest in why own more than one location. Just looking to get as much information as I can is all.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No real advantage. Our first TS week was at Flamingo 2 bdrm gold season, 5000 points and we found we needed more points to take some large family vacations to Hawaii and later Orlando. We ended up buying a 1 bdrm gold season, 3400 points at the Las Vegas Hilton (Karen Ave) property to get 8400 combined points. Both weeks were resale through Seth.

We of course have two maintenance fee's. What we are likely to do is sell off the 3400 point week in another year or two and keep the 5000 point week as our boys are now (young) adults and it appears our needs for a 3 bdrm may be behind us. We'll see what happens here over time. Our non-HGVC weeks were bought for specific purposes REALLY CHEAP. Combined they provide quite a bit of flexibility and opportunities for us.

Ok, there is one advantage which we've not utilized, that of the home week reservation period 12 months out...up to three months prior to the rest of club users. This can be useful in a high demand location &/or time period like a major Holiday or vacation period. I would guess that a very large majority of HGVC owners book in club seasion with points rather than home week. The difficulty with home week is you must book your exact same size unit and season.

Last edited:

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy is great, im so glad that you were able to speak with her. The 3400 point 2 bedroom would cost you no more in taxes then the 3400 if they are both 2 bedroom. It is just more of an upfront cost.

i have 5000k purchased from Judy, and I am looking for a 7k package now to add to my portfollio. I think 12k will be good for us, I may even sell off my 5k next year and purchase another 7k. Who knows. Once you start seeing how great this program is, you will want more and more points. Owning an HGVC allows you to travel to beautiful places at a fraction of the price. I just booked 5 nights in colorado in January during gold season in a studio for 1200 points. Unbelieveable, that is like 125.00 of my yearly MF towards a 5 day vacation.

You are going to love this trust me. Judy, will make the entire process smooth as can be.

Take care

Da Wolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
She has been a BIG help. I was kind of surprised that she called me back after 9:00 last night, and was still answering questions even after 10. That by itself tells me she cares for the people who she is helping out.