• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2015 Program Changes [merged]

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how is the new policy working

are the points from reservations made with credit pooled points, going back to the pool or are they being carried as regular use year points ?...

and if you have multiple use years are they "rolling forward"?

not rolling forward, at least from what I've seen so far. Limited sample size. And irritatingly, I again was told that the points do go back to the contract they came from (with ARP). The only points going forward that don't go back to a contract or credit pool (according to the person I spoke with today) is RENTED points. She read it specifically from the instructions/notes they received in training. Those are the ones that go back to regular use year points without an associated contract line.

Unfortunately I won't know for sure one way or the other on that aspect for awhile. I still have my doubts that it will go back to a specific contract, as both Ron's and the other VC I spoke to said they would not.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I am looking for ways to make it more accessible for all owners, and it's clear we disagree about the impact of Wyndham grabbing all the available inventory at 30 days and most of it at 60 days. Wouldn't it make more sense to NOT block that inventory, but just make reservations as they get them through EH? More units available for all, and no conflict of interest.

If you look at reservation availability at the 60 to 30 day mark, I do not find any evidence that Wyndham is systematically moving inventory into EH to the extent your comments imply.

If Wyndham were, I think we would see resorts with high rental potential literally disappear at the 30 day mark. But right now Bonnet Creek is dark green between Aug 22 and Sept 2. You are implying that we should see nothing, as Wyndham would grab all that inventory as fast as they can.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look at reservation availability at the 60 to 30 day mark, I do not find any evidence that Wyndham is systematically moving inventory into EH to the extent your comments imply.

If Wyndham were, I think we would see resorts with high rental potential literally disappear at the 30 day mark. But right now Bonnet Creek is dark green between Aug 22 and Sept 2. You are implying that we should see nothing, as Wyndham would grab all that inventory as fast as they can.

LOL. I am guessing you don't do too many rentals. That is a slow time at Bonnet Creek. (See Chart). Southern schools are back in session, which kills the drive-to volume. And northerners seem to prefer winter/spring breaks. There are other threads about availability at Bonnet Creek (when there is high demand) - at first we wondered if there was a maintenance event there, but it was confirmed to me - by Wyndham - that they do grab all the inventory at 30 days as it's cancelled during certain periods at Bonnet Creek. I'm not saying they grab all the inventory everywhere at 30 days. You can find Fairfield Glade almost anytime you look. But if you are looking for something desirable - the kind of thing a late-booking owner might actually want - it doesn't return to inventory because it is grabbed by Wyndham. My guess - and it's a pretty well-educated guess - is that Wyndham/Extra Holidays use a program to determine appropriate inventory levels based on demand. At high demand times, the desired inventory level is going to be higher than available inventory, so the program grabs everything.

Attachments

• central-florida-resort-demand.jpg
    central-florida-resort-demand.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 80

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
One would think that having been deceived by Wyndham sales already, ...

This is another misinterpretation. My only developer purchase was with an independent timeshare at Lake Tahoe in 1994.

All my timeshares purchased since then have been resale.

I have never been deceived by Wyndham sales.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
At my first presentation and purchase :doh:, the salesperson somehow forgot to mention anything about ongoing maintenance fees. Imagine my surprise when that first bill showed up, and what it did for my per-vacation cost analysis versus what the salesperson presented. Timeshare salespeople stretch the truth and outright lie. So what is new?

I think it's easy to see how I could infer you were referring to Wyndham sales. The whole thread has been about Wyndham, not random third party timeshare hucksters. I'm glad for the clarification that you were not deceived by Wyndham sales.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
LOL. I am guessing you don't do too many rentals. That is a slow time at Bonnet Creek. (See Chart). Southern schools are back in session, which kills the drive-to volume. And northerners seem to prefer winter/spring breaks. There are other threads about availability at Bonnet Creek (when there is high demand) - at first we wondered if there was a maintenance event there, but it was confirmed to me - by Wyndham - that they do grab all the inventory at 30 days as it's cancelled during certain periods at Bonnet Creek. I'm not saying they grab all the inventory everywhere at 30 days. You can find Fairfield Glade almost anytime you look. But if you are looking for something desirable - the kind of thing a late-booking owner might actually want - it doesn't return to inventory because it is grabbed by Wyndham. My guess - and it's a pretty well-educated guess - is that Wyndham/Extra Holidays use a program to determine appropriate inventory levels based on demand. At high demand times, the desired inventory level is going to be higher than available inventory, so the program grabs everything.

So Week 35 - Aug 28-Sep 4 (Fri-Fri) - is not a week in high demand?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
So Week 35 - Aug 28-Sep 4 (Fri-Fri) - is not a week in high demand?

Not this year, because Labor Day is late. Falls in week 36.

:D

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
School has sprung by then, no?

He's referring to the demand chart I posted but didn't offset due to the holiday being late.

antjmar

Reaction score
LOL. I am guessing you don't do too many rentals. That is a slow time at Bonnet Creek. (See Chart).
Interesting chart. I dont do rentals in FL . I'm surprised week 26 and 27 are so Popular in Florida... last place I'd want to be in July :D
Is that chart from Wyndham?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting chart. I dont do rentals in FL . I'm surprised week 26 and 27 are so Popular in Florida... last place I'd want to be in July :D

Remember all those poor slave families who are held prisoner by the school calendar. Like mine.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Nooooooooo.

I once tried to get such a chart. For some reason that was considered proprietary information. But I did get an occupancy report by resort which was interesting.

;)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooo.

I once tried to get such a chart. For some reason that was considered proprietary information. But I did get an occupancy report by resort which was interesting.

;)

I'm amazed you were able to get an Occ report.

antjmar

Reaction score
Remember all those poor slave families who are held prisoner by the school calendar. Like mine.
Like mine?
Central florida in July no thanks My family will be on the beach:cool:
Like Bigrob said us northerners prefer Florida during spring break!:D
Ill be there in April!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like mine?
Central florida in July no thanks My family will be on the beach:cool:
Like Bigrob said us northerners prefer Florida during spring break!:D
Ill be there in April!

You are fortunate to live where the summers are mostly beautiful. Imaging having to tow your family from Flariduh to a temperate climate. SC. Keep driving. NC? Nope. Va.? Getting a little better, but it's still sticky out. MD? roll up the windows, lock the doors, and keep driving with the hope we can make it to the WVa mountains or CT on this tank of gas. :rofl:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed you were able to get an Occ report.

I believe it was a bit of an accident. But you never know what you might get if you ask for it. Ron has gotten a treasure trove of information on his visits.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Wyndham Program Updates

Stumbled across a couple of new changes. Under the "whats new" & "program rules & guidelines updates" section 2 topics caught my interest. I had not heard about the 2nd aspect of the program changes.

I will be interested to see if it truely does in fact open up more units.

Supplement Attached wit more details. Credit pool changes have been discussed a lot but this 2nd change was new to me. Thoughts or ideas how many units will be opened up based on this or other impacts I'm thinking about?

From Wyndham:

In an effort to increase availability, there will be a Nightly Unit Limit on the number of units an owner can book at a single resort of 10 units, or 20 percent of the inventory at that resort affiliated with CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, whichever is less. Going forward, the Nightly Unit Limit should increase availability for more owners at the most sought after resorts. The Nightly Unit Limit applies to new Standard and Express reservations booked after October 1, 2015 (ARP reservations are not limited). This will not impact existing reservations made prior to October 1, unless the reservation is cancelled and, after October 1, a new reservation is confirmed.

Attachments

• 0194_2015_CW_Directory_Supplement.pdf
    233.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is not what a points system should be about. It has been poorly implemented and I resent my program fees paying for managing it.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This change is actually nearly a year old now.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
less availability

In the past year since this was implemented all I have noticed is less availability. Has anyone else noticed that there is little or actually no availability at many resorts. Which is hard to understand when it isn't peak travel season or a high demand time for many of those resorts.

Another thing I've noticed in the past few months is that there is no availability in the one bedroom units at quite a few resorts. What is up with that? It almost seems if they are trying to force VIP owners to use more points to book their stays by making the smaller units unavailable to use for the free upgrades. In the past it was the larger units that were hard to find. It is usually just my husband and I so a one bedroom unit is fine and I really resent having to use more points to book something larger because Wyndham is playing games.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed less availability. At Daytona 13 months out little to no availability July 4th. I was told they don't release all the inventory to deeded owner ARP. They hold some back for the 10 month out owners. But, after looking on some rental sites and ebay advertising, I came across Triptivity By Wyndham rental program which states they guarantee availability . After calling the number I found it was a pilot program to get NEW owners. I guess they hold certain units for this program as well.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed less availability. At Daytona 13 months out little to no availability July 4th. I was told they don't release all the inventory to deeded owner ARP. They hold some back for the 10 month out owners. But, after looking on some rental sites and ebay advertising, I came across Triptivity By Wyndham rental program which states they guarantee availability . After calling the number I found it was a pilot program to get NEW owners. I guess they hold certain units for this program as well.
That has always been the case. Not all units are CWA, not part of the trust. In fact the percentage is low. As CWA, you only have access to the units in the trust during the ARP period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Daytona and CWA. I was using my ARP in Daytona when I was told of this. I understand about ARP in CWA ., and the availability of units.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on tug entitled triplicity by Wyndham. Somewhere around February or March. Wyndham holds points and deeds, if they don't sell or rent them it's a lost opportunity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk