• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort doesn't have our reservation!

slabeaume

Reaction score
So we drove 11 hours from Pompano, Florida, to Villa Rica, Georgia, to find Villa Rica didn't have our reservation. Called Wyndham and they had a unit number and confirmation, but the resort still couldn't "find" it! 2 hours later the manager finally put us in a non-Wyndham unit, but the Wyndham staff did nothing! Not too happy! Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else and what did you do about it?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So we drove 11 hours from Pompano, Florida, to Villa Rica, Georgia, to find Villa Rica didn't have our reservation. Called Wyndham and they had a unit number and confirmation, but the resort still couldn't "find" it! 2 hours later the manager finally put us in a non-Wyndham unit, but the Wyndham staff did nothing! Not too happy! Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else and what did you do about it?

I have never had that happen to me, but I always call the resort 2 weeks before I arrive to confirm they have the reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do the same. I don't want to get there and find out I have no place to stay.

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked a last minute reservation (6pm for the same night) while on a road trip. The front desk did not have the "real" reservation synced into their systems. They requested me to email them the confirmation I had on my smartphone, printed it, and filed it for the morning staff to take care of. Total time taken for check in was probably 10 extra minutes.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Yep, I call a week ahead of time. In 17 years of timesharing, the one time I did not call because I was on a 3 week trip was the time they did not have the ressie.

The room was there because the person who exchanged it did not show up so I got the room and it got straightened out with the exchange company the next day.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last couple of years we have always phoned about 2 weeks ahead. Before that we were always lucky and had no problems.

I always have my guests call ahead of time mostly for their own peace of mind and in the last two months I have had one who was not entered in the resort computer and one whose pre-arrival letter had a completely incorrect address (not even the correct state). The first was resolved by me calling and having them check the Wyndham main reservation computer where it showed the reservation. For the second, the resort who also had the incorrect address told me to call the reservation line. They had the correct address in their records but they would not e-mail the resort with the correction. I called the resort again and they said they would check the person in with no problems (???) and would correct the address at check-in. Both the guest and I were at that point very uneasy about the situation. So I checked back to find the original confirmation I had received and it was correct on that - copied it; blocked out my membership info; scanned it; and sent it on to the guest for their use for checking in. How can things get so messed up that the confirmation and the pre-arrival letter do not even have the same address on them?

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once in Pompano Beach, the manager had to clean the room @ 8:00pm housekeeping was gone. We were tired from drive, but happy to have a room @ 9:20pm. Kids enjoyed DQ.

Valuable lesson always call to confirm reservation period. Especially if it is a busy time of year, better to sort out over the phone at home than at the resort hoping for a room.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
and if you are going to check in late (after the Wyndham reservations call center closes) call again a day before check in.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Given how many different ways rooms can be exchanged/rented/comped/whatever, I try to always call ahead a week or so and confirm they have the reservation. I've never had them not have it, but sometimes they did have to dig a shade deeper to find it. Giving them my Confirmation number usually did the trick.

I think if I'd driven 11 hours to get someplace and they didn't have the reservation, I'd be very frustrated. Definitely recommend calling ahead next time.

Dave

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
and if you are going to check in late (after the Wyndham reservations call center closes) call again a day before check in.

And call the same day too.;)
Leave nothing to chance. :crash:

slabeaume

Reaction score
I usually do call ahead. But for some reason I didn't this time. Lesson learned. I had my confirmation letter (which actually was useless), but fortunately I also had my account number and Wyndham phone number with me (something I usually don't have with me!).---although I'm not sure what good calling them did, either. We've had a lot of short reservations and have never had a problem, so I guess I got complacent with them. Guess it's time to call Wyndham owner services and raise some cane!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang,
Wyndham resorts have multiple times LOST my reservations/ownership for my FIXED WEEK units.....
And placed their EXTRA HOLIDAYS rental clients in MY fixed week unit at other times.

Oh, Wyndham, YOU are so BAD!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And call the same day too.;)
Leave nothing to chance. :crash:

For sure! I, too, call and confirm reservations with a resort before providing the guest confirmation to a renter. And still Wyndham lost 2 reservations this year. Thankfully, both situations were split reservations and the guest had somewhere to stay when they got there. I was able to call Wyndham the next day and they resolved the issues.

I always call for my own as well. It is always good to talk directly with the resort and make sure any special requests are noted, etc. I never expect notes to Wyndham VC's to make it to the resort.

On the flip side, I booked a room for my daughter earlier this year to a resort that did not have after hours staff. I had called and made sure all was squared away. When she got there late that evening, there were keys for 2 rooms in their drop box.

Savant

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call ahead!

Call ahead to confirm!

We own 8 Marriotts Vacation resorts and Marriott always e-mails our confirmations, and later e-mails our personal requests.

These personal requests are always granted b/c we are MVRO.

Note: If you are a non-Marriott owner or renter, go to the back of the line.

Last edited:

slabeaume

Reaction score
Call ahead to confirm!

We own 8 Marriotts Vacation resorts and Marriott always e-mails our confirmations, and later e-mails our personal requests.

These personal requests are always granted b/c we are MVRO.

Note: If you are a non-Marriott owner or renter, go to the back of the line.

I'm a VIP Platinum Wyndham owner and felt like I was pushed to the back of the line! Funny how they didn't send us an email questionnaire for how our visit went this time!

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a VIP Platinum Wyndham owner and felt like I was pushed to the back of the line! Funny how they didn't send us an email questionnaire for how our visit went this time!
Probably because it is not managed by Wyndham...

From the sound of things, there are multiple HOAs and no Wyndham staff presence on site. That can make for a confusing arrival situation.

The "Getting there" info on the Wyndham website for Fairfield Plantation (if that is the Villa Rica to which you refer) says to follow the directions/instructions on the confirmation. If that info was missing or erroneous, your best course of action would be to suggest that the info be updated and/or corrected for the benefit of future guests. Who knows, your words/suggestion could make it onto the Testimonials or Tips section of the website for FP! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Dang,

Wyndham resorts have multiple times LOST my reservations/ownership for my FIXED WEEK units.....

And placed their EXTRA HOLIDAYS rental clients in MY fixed week unit at other times.

Oh, Wyndham, YOU are so BAD!

Wow that's bad. I hope you complained and were compensated in some way.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that's bad. I hope you complained and were compensated in some way.

Threads of yester-years...went to the yearly HOA meeting onsite. And the Sales VP of the area immediately closed the Q&A section - too many multiple week/Platinum points Snowbird owners who were MORE than happy to track me down over the next few days (and several were fellow Tuggers). Pooh pa me for days beforehand and immediately offer me something within a day after HOA meeting. Chump change ... but my complaint was on the record. So, it they did it again ..... to anyone ..... :ignore:

I figured it out when the front desk said they did NOT have my FIXED WEEK & UNIT available ... so I just called my unit and ask for myself. Told the guy answering the phone I was looking for my friend - oh, did you rent from my friend? - "NO, from Extra Holidays" was his answer and he never heard of my friend (ME).

To the Wyndham employee who was assign to "handle me", I also explained I want ALL the rent money as I had signed NO AGREEMENT to pay them a commission or any costs as they STOLE my interval and thieves can not PROFIT from their crime or nor collect any expenses for committing a crime. Didn't get any money -- but it was interesting.

Last edited:

slabeaume

Reaction score
Probably because it is not managed by Wyndham...

From the sound of things, there are multiple HOAs and no Wyndham staff presence on site. That can make for a confusing arrival situation.

The "Getting there" info on the Wyndham website for Fairfield Plantation (if that is the Villa Rica to which you refer) says to follow the directions/instructions on the confirmation. If that info was missing or erroneous, your best course of action would be to suggest that the info be updated and/or corrected for the benefit of future guests. Who knows, your words/suggestion could make it onto the Testimonials or Tips section of the website for FP! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They actually do have a Wyndham check in building, but their hours are something like 9-5, but you can't check in until 4, so after hours keys are left at the gate. That worked great on our way out there (we used this resort as a hotel on our drive to/from Ft. Lauderdale so were only there for a day each there and back). On the way out, we were in a different type of unit (2 bedroom + instead of a 2 bedroom) and whomever checked us in left our keys at the gate that time. This time, the gate person had no keys for us so he called the Wyndham after hours gal there at the resort, but she just told the guy at the gate that she didn't have a reservation for us. if it hadn't been for me calling the corporate number and them telling the guy at the gate what unit we were suppose to be in, he wouldn't have thought to call the manager of that complex. The confirmation letter gave us directions to the Wyndham office there at Villa Rica. The unit we ended up in wasn't even the one Wyndham said we were suppose to have. We were actually given the check in stuff with another person's name on it and assured they had cancelled. It wasn't a Wyndham packet like we received on our way there.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always have a printed confirmation with me for all reservations. Car, hotel, TS, whatever. Thank goodness I had that when I went to Paris for a week and the hotel had me down for a one night stay.

slabeaume

Reaction score
I always have a printed confirmation with me for all reservations. Car, hotel, TS, whatever. Thank goodness I had that when I went to Paris for a week and the hotel had me down for a one night stay.

I had the printed reservation with me, too. The whole thing was really weird.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Agree, there's something about that piece of paper that can go a long way. I have gotten lax (or trying to be green :)) during my personal travels. I have stood at the front desk with my laptop/account open to correct an issue.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Agree, there's something about that piece of paper that can go a long way. I have gotten lax (or trying to be green :)) during my personal travels. I have stood at the front desk with my laptop/account open to correct an issue.

That piece of paper may help but if they don't have the ressie you are in for some aggravation.

Call ahead and if they don't have the ressie there is time to fix it while you are still at home.

slabeaume

Reaction score
That piece of paper may help but if they don't have the ressie you are in for some aggravation.

Call ahead and if they don't have the ressie there is time to fix it while you are still at home.

WIsh I had called while we were on the road!---they would have had 11 hours to fix it!!!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WIsh I had called while we were on the road!---they would have had 11 hours to fix it!!!

I got lucky that one time I forgot to call. I was in the middle of a three week trip out west and was staying in a different place every night the first week.

When I got to the resort they did not have my ressie and the place was booked solid except for one unit. Obviously the unit that was exchanged to me. They put me in it then got it worked out the next day with DAE.

Who ever deposited the week of course did not show up so it was there for me.

I will never every make that mistake again.