• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Wyndham Resorts to Buy (Resale of Course)

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which Wyndham resort would you recommend buying at? My in-laws want to buy a Wyndham contract, but which resorts would have the lowest maintenance fees for me to tell them to look for?

They are not quite retired yet, but can travel at non-peak times, so I don't think the reservation priority at a home resort will really be that important.

Whats the minimum points they should buy for say a 2-BR week long stay somewhere?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the lower MF contracts I have are National Harbor in Maryland and then in Panama City.

Typically the newer resorts have lower MFs but they say you pay more for them...that hasn't always been the case for me...i picked up a 567k National Harbor for $3200 all in...deals can be found.

Regarding the number of points one might want to purchase there are tons of options...newer resorts take more points than older resorts...travel season, etc.

The advice is to look in the book and ser how many points a room at a resort you'd like to stay at runs during the season you're most likely to visit. That'll give you an idea.

Additionally, you must remember the program fee. It is a minimum of $128 per year or $.55 per k, whichever is greater. The break point is about 233k points. Anything less than that and your MFs are higher due to the minimum Program fee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also Canterbury and Bali Hai and some kingsgate(Williamsburg)

Just be aware that the lower mf contracts will cost you more than the higher priced ones. Sometimes it makes more sense to buy an average mf contract for an average price

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have several Wyndham resorts which are the older fixed week units ... and have been converted to Wyndham points.

Kingsgate is good one (203K in points) but the better one is Shawnee ... 175K in points for $680 in MFs plus the CWP fee. That is $3.89 per 1K of Wyndham points plus the CWP fee of either 55 or 57 cents per 1K.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And PIC something Angel Fire New Mexico cabin share II and it comes in at under $4

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Bali Hai UDI deeds are $3.35 per thousand points (add the program fee to that) and pop up somewhat often. They're just about the cheapest MF's you can find. Some converted Bali Hai ones are a bit cheaper in MF's (harder to find) and some are far expensive (easier to find), so make sure you know which one you're getting when you shop around.