• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP Platinums having difficulty in Pooling

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
D.B. Your account has been suspended for over a month to perform a points audit on your account as you have more points available in 2016 than what seems logical to Wyndham. When you submitted a request to credit pool, OC told you they need to perform a points audit. I wonder what they have been doing for the last month?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to share my experience...My account is locked out but today I was allowed to put in a request to have my points credit pooled. What I was told by owner care today is that they have to do an audit to figure out what amount of points are eligible for pooling. Because I have 12 contracts it will take a couple of days to figure out if any of my current points came from cancelled points last year and I will not be allowed to credit pool those. I was told to expect an answer next Thursday.

I am counting my blessings that my account is only partially restricted which is why I was even allowed to ask to have my points pooled. I really hope those who are still completely frozen will be given some grace period after they are unfrozen.

D.B.

I am convinced they have no way of identifying where the points came from at this point. The fact of the matter is, I credit pooled every single point in 2016. There should not be ANY coming back as 2016 points. Yet they have.

So when reservations made from those points are cancelled, they should have been going back to the credit pool and did not, a Wyndham error.

Reaction score
I am convinced they have no way of identifying where the points came from at this point. The fact of the matter is, I credit pooled every single point in 2016. There should not be ANY coming back as 2016 points. Yet they have.

So when reservations made from those points are cancelled, they should have been going back to the credit pool and did not, a Wyndham error.

Same here. I had credit pooled all my Sep 2016 use year points. And now I have some. Not extra points - but points that should have returned to the credit pool and did not.

I also have Dec 2016 use year points and I don't have a December use year.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I keep screen shots of my point balances periodically, as I verify that Wyndham has done what I expected to do. So I was able to provide them with a screen shot with my point balances at the beginning of the year.

At the beginning of the year I had a full allotment of points, NO points used.

So I have proof that these were NOT cancelled points prior to the change in rules.

Have no idea how long these audits are going to take, I do have a lot of cancellations this year, but they are not the cancel and rebook types, they are just changes in plans.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got my Audit back.....

According to my just completed Audit, ALL 383,300 were ALL from other buckets and NOT a single point was actually expiring in 2016.

However I ended up with 69K less than I started with. Not sure how that happened as my accounting prior to the audit all made sense, I think there now another errors in there.

Since the Audit is manual, I guess it could be another mistake.

Can't win for trying.....Now what do I do, ask for an audit of the audit.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Debugging the system

I did several cancelations yesterday for travel in late November, 2016. Earlier in the year we placed all the points for these stays into the credit pool (at 3 separate times). We used them from the credit pool exactly once to make the reservations I canceled yesterday. As a result of this thread, I was worried that they would come back as regular and I'd have to fight and pay to get them re-pooled.

In fact they came strait back to the pool with three different expiration dates in 2019 !

I am wondering if the system is capable of keeping the point identity for one use but if they get cancel / rebooked more than once they go schizophrenic. Clearly the points were marked with an 'expiration date' field showing when in 2019 each batch expires (3 years from the date we pooled them). Maybe after a 2nd reuse that field gets clobbered or some other field indicating they were pooled points is lost.

Given my example, I can see that it would be difficult to track. For example 27,825 now expire on April 21, 2019 while 189,175 expire on May 3, 2019 and there is a third group as well. Imagine if I make a reservation requiring multiple groups, then cancel it those points have to re-parceled out into these separate expiration groups (and likely there would be more points combined from other pool groups and/or regular use year points).

It could still be a problem for me the next time I use these points.

Bob

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did several cancelations yesterday for travel in late November, 2016. Earlier in the year we placed all the points for these stays into the credit pool (at 3 separate times). We used them from the credit pool exactly once to make the reservations I canceled yesterday. As a result of this thread, I was worried that they would come back as regular and I'd have to fight and pay to get them re-pooled.

In fact they came strait back to the pool with three different expiration dates in 2019 !

I am wondering if the system is capable of keeping the point identity for one use but if they get cancel / rebooked more than once they go schizophrenic. Clearly the points were marked with an 'expiration date' field showing when in 2019 each batch expires (3 years from the date we pooled them). Maybe after a 2nd reuse that field gets clobbered or some other field indicating they were pooled points is lost.

Given my example, I can see that it would be difficult to track. For example 27,825 now expire on April 21, 2019 while 189,175 expire on May 3, 2019 and there is a third group as well. Imagine if I make a reservation requiring multiple groups, then cancel it those points have to re-parceled out into these separate expiration groups (and likely there would be more points combined from other pool groups and/or regular use year points).

It could still be a problem for me the next time I use these points.

Bob

I believe the issue occurs when all of the points from a credit pool are exhausted. At that point the system may not recognize the 0 balance credit pool as being a valid place for points to go back to.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I keep screen shots of my point balances periodically...

This is an excellent idea for all owners, actually. It's an easy way to prove your case should something go wrong in the future.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have taken it a step further in light of the recent problems. I now video the transaction with my phone starting at what the current balance is thru the entire transaction.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to share my experience...My account is locked out but today I was allowed to put in a request to have my points credit pooled. What I was told by owner care today is that they have to do an audit to figure out what amount of points are eligible for pooling. Because I have 12 contracts it will take a couple of days to figure out if any of my current points came from cancelled points last year and I will not be allowed to credit pool those. I was told to expect an answer next Thursday.

I am counting my blessings that my account is only partially restricted which is why I was even allowed to ask to have my points pooled. I really hope those who are still completely frozen will be given some grace period after they are unfrozen.

D.B.

Any resolution to this?

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto all these experiences

Tried to credit pool today
Have some 116,000 points showing in regular use year.
Wyndham says 43, 450 were "unattached to a contract", so to call back in 48 hours to make sure it all gets settled.
I'm sure some of these could have been from credit pooled points and had a time or too I purchased a few from Wyndham when I used up the credit pool at $8/1000 and then did not use the reservation and cancelled.

So I wonder how they account for that?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to credit pool today
Have some 116,000 points showing in regular use year.
Wyndham says 43, 450 were "unattached to a contract", so to call back in 48 hours to make sure it all gets settled.
I'm sure some of these could have been from credit pooled points and had a time or too I purchased a few from Wyndham when I used up the credit pool at $8/1000 and then did not use the reservation and cancelled.

So I wonder how they account for that?

They seem to be accounting that everything is the fault of the owners. Good question on what points are used first. Ones rented from Wyndham at $8 a thousand or regular use year points or points that were cancelled points that became regular use year points and the Wyndham system rolled them forward.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Point audit

I also tried to pool my points on Sept 30, after canceling many reservations so that the points would go back to in the credit pool after I rebooked the reservations and then did cancel/rebook. That caused me to be passed around to 3 different people before I was finally connected to Owner Care. I was told that many cancelled points did not go back to a contract and how could this be so now they are doing a point audit since I have more points than my annual contacts. I am a Platinum owner with over 2 million points, with half bought from Wyndham (before I discovered TUGG). I had a meltdown and went off on the agent since I had done everything with a Wyndham employee on the phone and was never told that my account had an issue. I have cancelled and rebooked all year so the problem should have been caught before I tried to pool my points. I had also called numerous times during the year since I had credit pool points at beginning of year but no cancelled reservations went back to pool. The owner care agent, Shae, was very nice and promised that i could pool the points after she had performed the point audit within 7 days. My account is not suspended and I can do transactions but I have to let her know when I do so that she can track the points. She did say the blocks on some accounts were generated by management and my account is not one of those. So now I'm waiting. If she doesn't allow me to pool, I will have over 1 million points that I'll have to put with RCI and I will be an extremely pissed off Wyndham platinum owner.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the same thing to me. Only it was with bonus points. It appears the same line is being used. "Points went back to a contract with no # so now we have to do an audit" Result for me was I had to use the bonus points by March, 2017. Not the original March 2018. I am platinum only because of the bonus.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
9 days later and still no pooled points

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
9 days later and still no pooled points

Wyndham charged my credit card to pool my 2016 points on Sep 30 but they still have not done it. A call to owner care was of no help. The rep simply speculated they are backed up due to hurricane Matthew. This is the first time they have not pooled the points while I was on the phone. Are others having the same problem? I can certainly understand they are backed up due to the hurricane. What is unacceptable is not giving me any information or status. What kind of a business can continue to give such bad service without losing customers? Those on-hold recordings telling me how much they value my ownership are especially annoying.

D.B.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owner care this past week has had up to an hour wait. Not a good use of resources when I could do the same thing online in seconds.

When they do credit pool your points let them know you want the expiration date of the points further extended as you had wanted to book reservations already but now are not sure when you can use them.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Still reading thru this thread, but just wanted to chime in that I am having the same problem and have gotten the same answer. Which I know is not correct, as I had credit pooled all my 2016 points.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any luck yet? I still have yet to see my 2016 points going into the credit pool.
And a cancellation today that I know was 1/2 2016 points and 1/2 2018 credit pool, all went back to 2016 points (based on what I can see available to bank with RCI now).

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham charged my credit card to pool my remaining 2016 points on Sep 30 but they still have not done it. I am unable to get any explanation as to why this has not been done. The phone reps simply speculate "they" are really backed up, whoever "they" are. Very frustrating.

D.B.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
they are owner care, i'm sure they had so many audits to do they are backed up.

I am having an issue with a reservation that I just cancelled that points are coming back as regular, they should be pooled. Don't know if or when they will fix that for me either. I sent an email that has gone unanswered to the person who performed my audit, but I have received NO reply.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hooray

Finally got this email from Wyndham today.
Not showing in the points status chart yet, but the points don't show as available for banking with RCI.
What is left to back with RCI is from a recent cancellation this week and about 24,000 less than what should be there, so I'm anxious to see how many they pooled...
Printed out points status before and after that cancel.

"Thank you for your request to pool your points in advance of the 9/30/16 deadline. Your points have now been pooled. This change may take up to 24 hours to reflect online, but the points are now available to book.

If you would like to book a new reservation please log in to myclubwyndham.com or contact the Club Wyndham Vacation Planning Center at 1-800-251-8736. This message comes from an automated mailbox, but any questions regarding these changes can be answered by the contact center or through the website contact form.

Thank you,
Club Wyndham"

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Thank you for your request to pool your points in advance of the 9/30/16 deadline. Your points have now been pooled. This change may take up to 24 hours to reflect online, but the points are now available to book.

Club Wyndham"

Congratulations. Optimistically that sounds like excellent news. Maybe there is hope for the rest of us too. Can you tell us again what date you put in your pooling request? That may tell us where they are in the overall process.

Best, D.B.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2016 points finally pooled too

Well I finally got the notification email today and all indicators (points available for RCI and points available for Wyndham bookings) show they pooled my remaining 2016 points and the numbers match what I expect. I submitted that pool request on Sep 30 so it looks like they are getting caught up with their pooling requests.

Now if I could just get some information about the on-going audit maybe things can get back to normal. Of course it has been so long I don't quite remember what normal is.

Best wishes for anyone else still waiting.
D.B.