• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI weeks points transferable to RCI Points account?

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I spoke on the phone with a company who manages an RCI Points business, called Pure Points I think. Or something like that. You get an RCI points account with 10,000 points for $99, and then you can buy additional points for 1.5 cents per point. Definitely not what was advertised but I stayed on the phone with him to hear what he had to say. After I told him that I have a Wyndham account he said you can transfer points from an RCI Weeks account into an RCI Points account. This didn't seem right to me. Does anyone know if this is true?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I spoke on the phone with a company who manages an RCI Points business, called Pure Points I think. Or something like that. You get an RCI points account with 10,000 points for $99, and then you can buy additional points for 1.5 cents per point. Definitely not what was advertised but I stayed on the phone with him to hear what he had to say. After I told him that I have a Wyndham account he said you can transfer points from an RCI Weeks account into an RCI Points account. This didn't seem right to me. Does anyone know if this is true?

If you own a fixed week at a resort in the RCI program you can convert the fixed week to a points week. This is done by the resort not by RCI and the resorts usually charge quite a lot to do it. I don't know if it is based on how many points the week is worth, the size of the unit or the season (red week),

My sister and her husband own a Spring break fixed week in a 3 bedroom unit at Orange Lake in Orlando. A few years ago they were quoted a price on converting their fixed week to a points week. The price was so steep that my brother-in-law still refuses to talk about it because it makes him mad. Recently when I contacted Grandview Las Vegas about converting a fixed week two bedroom to a points week they told it would be $5000. I don't know if there would be any other fees involved and the person I spoke with didn't seem to be particularly knowledgeable. I was told by an RCI rep that all the resort has to do is send RCI a form to change a fixed week to points. So obviously it is an opportunity for sales at the resorts to generate income.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you own a week at an RCI weeks resort that has never sold any points products to any owners and you own RCI points, you can do what is call PFD- points for deposit where you pay a fee, it may be around $49 these days, and you can deposit that week for rci points.

You would not be able to use a fixed week wyndham nor a points wyndham for PFD into RCI points.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
You would not be able to use a fixed week wyndham nor a points wyndham for PFD into RCI points.

Right, thanks. But what about if I deposit my Wyndham points into my RCI Weeks account - would I then be able to transfer those Weeks points to an RCI Points account?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
No that's not possible. You could do it with a non point fixed/float week in a weeks account that is paid for through your Wyndham account but Wyndham points would never qualify to be converted to RCI points. If he said otherwise he was confused or flat out wrong.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
No that's not possible. You could do it with a non point fixed/float week in a weeks account that is paid for through your Wyndham account but Wyndham points would never qualify to be converted to RCI points. If he said otherwise he was confused or flat out wrong.

I figured as much, thanks. I told him I didn't think it was possible but he insisted... His lips were moving so I guess I should have known