• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TPU's... what to do?

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm way behind the times on the new RCI system... but I'm left with 2 Deposit credits of 2 points each... What do I do with these? I'm thinking that even if I combine them, it's only 4... I've sold my timeshares that I used to trade with RCI and just now have Tradewinds (which I don't trade - I use!).

Is it worth combining them for 4 points? Seems like that would not even qualify for a dump...?

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In a word, no, it's not worth it. I don't think anybody has seen any sort of exchange possibility for 4. I shudder to think of what it would be.

Maybe Mugwump Towers - sorry, that's an old TUG joke.

But no, it's not worth it unless you deposit something else and combine them all together.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I have a 4 and a 3 TPU credits so I check often to see what's available. Right now I can see 150 resorts requiring 4 TPUs in lots of different areas. Some are one bedrooms and some are studios. Guess it would depend on what area you can narrow it down to and see what's available if it is worth it.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, there you go. I thought the lowest anybody had seen was five.

itisme

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always search with "show all available RCI vacations" option and see all inventory currently available with TPU needed for exchange.

I see some Studio units in Orlando in September for 4TPU. Then again you can rent them in last call almost the same as it will cost you for the exchange fee + combination fee.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd just ignore them. It would cost you $99 to combine, and another $180 to exchange. But, anything you could get as an exchange you could probably also get as a last call, for about the same price or maybe less.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I'd just ignore them. It would cost you $99 to combine, and another $180 to exchange. But, anything you could get as an exchange you could probably also get as a last call, for about the same price or maybe less.

This is probably right.

I just searched with my 3 TPUs and I just found one week with a 2 TPU. It is in Sunrise Beach, Mo condominiums studio with a 5 star rating. Have no idea where this is????? But this is the only one I see with a 2. I see about 15 with a 3 TPUs for Branson, Reno, Kissimee areas.

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always search with "show all available RCI vacations" option and see all inventory currently available with TPU needed for exchange.

I see some Studio units in Orlando in September for 4TPU. Then again you can rent them in last call almost the same as it will cost you for the exchange fee + combination fee.

Great point... and one of the reasons we've decided to let our timeshares go except for Tradewinds. Sold one and gave the other back... just not worth it - as we can do extra vacations for the price of our ever-rising maintenance fees + exchange fees...

Thanks to all!!:cheer: