• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Help with RCI Points

osagendn

Reaction score
So I did it.... bought a TS without doing a whole lot of research. We were with some friends that has Wyndham points and got signed up on RCI. Compared to the other TS deals I have seen, it seemed like a great deal. The sales guy advised us to go on the TUG boards and do some research. I have like 2 days left to cancel and just need to know a few things.

We bought into the RCI Floating Points system. It is a deeded system. This is what we got:

Tri-ennial Purchase Contract in Hilton Head, SC
16500 Points Yearly
Golf Package (I don't GOLF)
Season: Bronze
Week: 50
Usage: Every 3rd Year
Form of Ownership: Joint Tenancy with Right of Survivorship
Paid: $6011
Maintenance Fees: $705 every 3 years

Its my understanding we get the points yearly. We only take a week or two each year for vacation. So the points made since. After looking over the forms I was unable to find much information on the RCI points system. We do a lot of traveling and say in hotels quite often. I was thinking that we should have gone with a Wyndham system so we could get the discounts on the hotels. I am looking at the forums and thinking I can get a much better deal.

Any stickies on the RCI system?

Regards,

Tucker

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind! You paid too much. 16500 points is not enough to be usable. Week 50 is not usable. (Who wants to travel the week before Christmas?

You can hang around TUG For even a few days, or hours, and see dozens of TSs that are better on any level.

Send your rescission letter today and do some reading. Those $6000 should get you in the door on annual ownership. AND be enough for 5-6 years of annual fees, plus fund a nice vacation or two.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind! You paid too much. 16500 points is not enough to be usable. Week 50 is not usable. (Who wants to travel the week before Christmas?

Send your rescission letter today and do some reading. Those $6000 should get you in the door on annual ownership. AND be enough for 5-6 years of annual fees, plus fund a nice vacation or two.

Agree 100%. Far too much money, far too few points. Don't hesitate for another moment; rescind TODAY!

osagendn

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I was afraid of that. I have the letter drafted. Off to the post office Certified Letter! Any links to a RCI Points vs Windham Points reference?

Tucker

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd just watch the TUG Bargain deals, or the Marketplace in the red stripe above, or eBay. Don't be in a hurry, whatever you buy will take a few months to transfer into your names anyway, so you can use it next summer. When the MF bills come out late in the year, more giveaways appear. Good time for some bottom fishing.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any links to a RCI Points vs Windham Points reference?

I don't have a link, but this these 2 vs. each other comes up in the forums often. Not sure how hard it will be to find them.

Where do you plan to travel? What type of resorts do you prefer (upscale, plain apartments, etc)?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I was afraid of that. I have the letter drafted. Off to the post office Certified Letter! Any links to a RCI Points vs Windham Points reference?

Tucker

RCI points and Wyndham points are two entirely different "currencies" and have no direct correlation, nor can they be co-mingled in the same account.

You can deposit Wyndham points into a Wyndham-specific RCI portal, but there is a specific conversion chart. For instance, a Prime/Red 2 BR will be a fixed 205k points in terms of "Wyndham points on deposit with RCI" plus the $209 exchange fee.

If you have further questions regarding Wyndham and RCI, I suggest you browse/search the Wyndham sub-forum here on TUG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osagendn

Reaction score
Thanks all. We mostly travel to beach destinations. Looking to do some out of country stuff in a few years. We primarily stick to SC, NC and FL. I like it nice when we go so I just need to do some more research. I was just trying to find something that weighed the pros and cons of the two systems. Most of our travel is usually in the off season. But that could change soon.

Thanks again for the advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD