• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quintess/Duo

SciFrog

Reaction score
Q raised dues by 3.5%, a tad less than their max allowed this year Of 3.7%...

SciFrog

Reaction score
Actually the total increase is less as the occupancy fee has not increased. No standardization as the sales price has the occupancy fee built in.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
odd they didnt change existing contracts. IIRC they briefly offered complimentary space available, wonder if theyre still honoring. assuming of course that they sold some of them.

http://quintess.com/destinations/view_availability shows properties with 75+ days avail

these are the ones that are not shown >

hawaii - kolea ke aloha
maui - loa's lani
naples - villa bella
south beach - villa patricia
st martin - pelican, fregate, egrette
bend - sunset sage
kiawah - 48 ocean course
deer valley - blacktail

not sure why pronghorn and pelican hill (both tour club) dont have avail like other hotels

Last edited:
Reaction score
availability

I am glad that the good news re: Q/Duo availability is now public. I don't know why the duo properties are not listed but all of the properties you inquired about have the same terrific (for new members at least) availability on the duo side except Stowe. I'm staying at the Jackson and Vail properties in July and can report more after the trips. Its been refreshing as to how easy it has been to book properties when one wants to travel.

Tour club does not show real time availability on the website but I would imagine there is pretty good availability too as Q saved my Pronghorn trip last year after UE blew up.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
so which duo get to use Q? IIRC its 2 > 1 and Q is 2 > 3.

to confirm, youre saying these 3 that are on site >
jackson hole - crystal springs 206
vail - ritz carlton club 128, 228
have more than 75 nights avail?

Last edited:
Reaction score
duo

loads of availability on all Duo properties at present.
Look at new Q collection for exchange provisions but you have it right.
Great to have options.

SciFrog

Reaction score
You need to pay $20k for using the other club.
No, thank you.

They also change the terms of your claim in a liquidation, your claim drops by 5% a year if you update and sign a new agreement. In counterpart, the day you wish to "resale" you get a fixed % that was in your contract (75% these days?) of the current future value, ie potential appreciation... I already had that...

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
all of the properties you inquired about have the same terrific (for new members at least) availability on the duo side except Stowe.

how many nights for stowe?

Tour club does not show real time availability on the website but I would imagine there is pretty good availability too as Q saved my Pronghorn trip last year after UE blew up.

5 out of 7 hotels show avail (3 tour club and 2 karma)
2 tour club hotels dont for some reason (pronghorn, pelican hill)

Last edited:
Reaction score
inquiry

i do not know how many nights are available and suspect stowe was not listed as it is likely a rental with a lease renewal during this period given what is and is not shown on the calendar. To be clear there is very good availability for stowe also through mid november (i would guesstimate 50% availability so a prospective member could easily travel there in summer or any season). I do not know more than that and i would suggest asking a club representative as i do not travel to Stowe personally but understand the resort has a new brewery on site so maybe I should visit. :)

Reaction score
You need to pay $20k for using the other club.
No, thank you.

They also change the terms of your claim in a liquidation, your claim drops by 5% a year if you update and sign a new agreement. In counterpart, the day you wish to "resale" you get a fixed % that was in your contract (75% these days?) of the current future value, ie potential appreciation... I already had that...

Definitely seems like a good call, especially if the options are going from Quintess to DUO and/or The Tour Club. However, seems like they'd want Quintess members going in those directions to free up availability in Quintess and increase occupancy in DUO and the Tour Club. In other words, seems like you'd charge money going the other direction (i.e., to upgrade), but not to downgrade to a lower level. It's nice for members to have additional options.

Didn't UE also reduce the value of a member's claim each year presumably in order to book the membership deposit as revenue? Seems like it would provide an incentive for the main investor to keep funding the club, but also an incentive to shut it down once the liquidation value is low enough, since he could keep that much more of the proceeds. Are there any limitations in the agreement that would prevent a liquidation? I remember people screaming bloody murder about that provision with UE. At the end of the day, it doesn't look like it matters with UE, but it certainly would matter if the investor decided to liquidate (rather than being forced into bankrupcty with secured debts in excess of assets).

Nice article on Sherpa discussing the changes:

http://www.sherpareport.com/destination-clubs/quintess-collection-launch-0511.html

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
there is very good availability for stowe also through mid november (i would guesstimate 50% availability

rental eh. maybe similar situations with pronghorn and pelican hill for that matter.

so Q doesnt have a similar thing on members site for avail. thats one thing DHH did, was actually have a full list of avail. not just over a certain number of nights. for each year too IIRC. seems like its easy enough to do, so id think all clubs should do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Q Duo

full calendars are available for the year to all members--not number of nights--but full transparent view of availability for each individual property other than tour club for rolling 365 day period.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
right. not hard for them to have a counter for nights. DHH had this, other clubs should too.

Reaction score

why is it important? I really do not care how many days are available but only care if the days that i want on the calendar are available to be frank. UE did show occupancy by property so you knew which properties were the most in demand and I think that was valuable for planning where to use holidays and long term reservations or where it would be tough to get in without some planning, but the # of nights open in the next 12 months doesn't mean a lot to me to be honest. to each his own.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
frankly, im a metrics guy. the validity of comparison matters less to me than the comparison. (of data.)

like club signups. clearly that is something that is comparable, even with deferred plans. but the clubs have apparently moved away from this to a certain degree. resignation lists...?

but my main point was how easy it is to do this, and they did it on the public site. my question is why not finish it? because not doing it leads me to believe they have a reason for not doing it, which i always wonder about. with Q im only talking about the incomplete data. with other clubs, i dont know which do what. just saying that DHH had the right idea, and the simplicity makes it a why not to me.

Last edited:

SciFrog

Reaction score
Kage, I don't thInk anyone cares about how many nights are booked in the future. All you care about is your specific dates...

I guess you are right about liquidation, but frankly with the level of nightly dues, the club is worth more than just the properties... Especially now with 3 clubs. A forced liquidation with a very strong real estate prices doesn't seem to make sense as members would the be pouring in, especially knowing your exit price now rises with increasing deposit values...

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
if "no one" cares, then why did Q make a public page that is like what DHH had? and why did DHH do it?

when i mentioned signups and resignation lists, i was just talking metrics in general for all clubs, not about liquidation or Q.

[Q] bend - sunset sage [4BR pronghorn single family residence]

[tour club] pronghorn [3BR multifamily hotel residence]

surprising to see bend (not tour club) with 75 or less nights - lots of locals?

Last edited:
Reaction score
q

the why show is probably so prospective members just surfing the net can see what availability could be like. I would always suggest if someone contemplates membership to see what is available for dates that work for you personally though. Information on site is probably accurate but I think irrelevant.

As for Bend, I do not know but suspect its mostly used for tour club visits to supplement the Pronghorn Club Properties, and will be disposed, lease not renewed, or transferred into Tour Club full time. I do not see any availability there after October so that must be why it does not meet your availability test (but plenty of availability in September/October).

Last edited:

Truthonly

Reaction score
Quintess

Wondering if anyone knows what the current financial conditions are at Quintess? They seem to lack transparency and there is no sense of how they have dealt with their resignation lists. Does anyone know of any pending lawsuits or member coalitions to force them to honor their express or implied warranties?

Reaction score
transparency

I am not sure why anyone would claim Q is not transparent. The financial statements have never been pretty but are always posted for each quarter on the member website/clubhouse. Annual financial statements are also audited by a big 4 firm and also posted.