• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good Deal?

pusher

Reaction score
I'm really new to this. We just rescinded a deal at West 57th St. NYC.

They counter-offered in a panic.

5200 points annually
$1300 MF
2 Gold Hilton Cards for life
30K bonus points
$49K

I can do better on the resale market, right?

Thanks from a newbie.

Does anyone have Seth's contact info? I searched the site, to no avail.

push

Last edited:

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
1st off, welcome to TUG. You're lucky you found this place BEFORE buying. Yes, you can definately do better buying resale. I did a quick search for "Seth" and the following is one of the posts that came up:

Judy Kozlowski is a resale agent who is highly recommeneded by HGVC posters.
Judi@JudiKoz.com Another is... Seth Nock @ http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

Tuggers have had great luck using either of these agents. I personally used Judy and was very satisfied.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I think you would do better in the resale market purchasing at a different location. The property in question is not sold out. There is very little if any on the resale market.

If you have your heart set on vacationing in NY, NY at a posh location on an annual basis or even a biannual basis, it may be in your interest to purchase direct from HGVC. I have purchased direct from HGVC in the past prior to learning about the resale market. There is no question that you would save a mint purchasing resale and that the perks of elite status do not cover the cost of the savings. Then again, if you can afford it and you want it now, go for it. The elite status perks occassionally do come in handy.

Last edited:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just keep running away from this deal and also from whatever else they throw at you to sweeten the deal.

pusher

Reaction score
What are the 30K points worth in the real world, and do these bonus points make the deal more attractive?

If you buy resale, which I will probably do, you don't get bonus points. 30K points translates into a lot of Honors points. . .

My annual points would convey at 50:1, while the bonus points only convey at 25:1. Although there's a way to play that using the system. . .

joegish

Reaction score
Think long-term.........

Pusher -

I would not worry about the bonus points. In the long run, it is the annual point allotment and the cost of your MFs that matter.

As per earlier posts, I'd definitely contact Seth and see what he can do. You should be able to buy 35k annual points (5 each 7k platinum units) for under $50k. You would be giving up HHonors Gold, HGVC Elite, and the bonus points, but get a whole lot more benefit from the 35k points.

The drawback to this would also include not owning and possibly not getting rooms at W 57th Street.

FYI, you could buy all 2 BR platinum units at Seaworld, I-Drive and all 3 LV properties for an annual cost of around $4k in MFs, taxes, and the HGVC annual membership fee.

However, I may be biased, because that is exactly what I did.

In this market, Seth may be able to really get you a deal......

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
5200 points annually ... West 57th St ... $49K
I can do better on the resale market, right?

Without a doubt.... "Run away, run away."
Those bonus points translate to a ton of HHonors points -- a nice touch -- but after
your hotel stays use 'em up, you're left with a TS for which you paid way too much.

But if you are fabulously welll to do and can think of no better use of $49K, well...
I have some swamp-land in Florida I'd like to sell you for a "fair" price.

Last edited:

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
If NYC is where you want to Vacation, Buy Resale at Hilton NY at 55 and fifth ave. its not deeded,But to me a way better rooms, amanitys, and afther about 20 yrs of paying MFS .you can Walk away

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Do not purchase direct from HGVC just to get bonus points. They are not worth the difference in my opinion. I have purchased direct from HGVC and love timesharing. However, I would have saved a mint if I had purchased resale. I recently purchased a Marriott unit resale and saved a mint.

The only real reason to purchase direct from HGVC or any other developer is if you want the unit now and you can afford it and you don't care about how much extra you will be paying. Then again, no developer builds resorts so that we can purchase them resale. They develop new resorts with intent of selling them directly. A timeshare should not be considered an investment in anything other than a vacation.

dude-luv

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do better

Just returned from the Hilton on 57th and without any bartering was offered 5250 points for 45K (studio unit). Too expensive of course. I recently saw a resale for 7000 points at the same place for 20K. Resales are rare at the moment but they do exist. Can't remember where I saw the resale! I would prefer to buy at the Hilton at the Avenue of the Americas. Cheaper although the maintenance fees are higher and but I don't think I will be timesharing in 2032 when the lease expires. Both are great locations but the sales rep at the Hilton on 57th sized me up as someone who 'didn't want to be pampered.' More accurately, I didn't want to pay the outrageous price.

dude-luv

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do better

Just returned from the Hilton on 57th and without any bartering was offered 5250 points for 45K (studio unit). Too expensive of course. I recently saw a resale for 7000 points at the same place for 20K. Resales are rare at the moment but they do exist. Can't remember where I saw the resale! I would prefer to buy at the Hilton at the Avenue of the Americas. Cheaper although the maintenance fees are higher. I don't think I will be timesharing in 2032 when the lease expires. Both are great locations but the sales rep at the Hilton on 57th sized me up as someone who 'didn't want to be pampered.' More accurately, I didn't want to pay the outrageous price.