• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal.

From now on, each and every REVIEW submitted successfully into the TUG database system here:

Will earn the submitting user a 2 month extension award credit on your membership, no questions asked. (or you can use this for a free classified ad if you wish)

There are no quality, length, or content requirements to earn this award...ANY REVIEW QUALIFIES! (within reason of course =) )

Any exceptional review, as decided by the TUG staff will receive a 6 month membership extension review credit award. (or free classified ad).

Also as always any review of a resort that has not been reviewed in the past 6 months will also earn a 6 month review award credit. (these are awarded about a month after submission as the review managers submit these to me separately).

While I will not send out an email for each and every 2 month award, you will get email confirmation about the granting of the 6month award.

Any time your membership is up for renewal, you can request the use of these awards to extend your membership! (a reminder is also in each renewal letter).

So in summary.

Any review = 2 month membership extension award (or free ad)

Exceptional review = 6 month membership extension award (or 3free ads)

6 month since last review = 6 month membership extension award (or 3 free ads)

)

questions or comments can either be posted here...or sent to me directly to tug@tug2.net

:whoopie:

Last edited:

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
'Tis indeed great news!! :cheer:

Gnipgnop ~~ welcome home!! Hope your trip was great!! :wave:

Sue

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great now maybe we will see some new reviews from resorts located from the following states Maryland, New Jersey, PA, NC, New York and CA.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Great now maybe we will see some new reviews from resorts located from the following states Maryland, New Jersey, PA, NC, New York and CA.

I hope you're right, but awards have always been available for resort reviews where the previous one was 6 months old or more. Just raising the profile of the awards may have an effect as was apparent with the 'Special Offer' in March.

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but awards have always been available for resort reviews where the previous one was 6 months old or more.

Thanks for clarifying the 6 months since the last review. Since my earlier post I was thinking I could maximize the extensions by submitting reviews every 6 months, but I'd need to travel less. Now I see I missed the proposition entirely. :D

What a great incentive to update the older reviews!

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Wow,this is just great! Thanks so mcuh. I joined TUg originally for the reviews as they are very helpful for many reasons.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Any incentive for members to encourage submission of reviews has to be a good thing. I suspect only a small percentage of members do write reviews and I really do think that's a pity. Whilst there is often still perfectly valid information in older reviews, even small updates along the lines of "The previous reviews are accurate but ..... is new / changed/ .... is still worthwhile.

dgleason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another trip in July

Headed to Grand Bahama Island in July, I will be writing another review! Last one was in March to Cabo. This is a good incentive.

Debbie G. :cheer:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful

This is a great incentive for all of us to post honest reviews. We all benefit from each others reviews. I have noted many reviews quite old so hopefully this updates a lot of them. Thanks!!:whoopie:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read this update. Thanks guys (and gals).

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
now make where to post reviews more obvious.

You need a large prominent button that says "click her to post review and access form for reviews." I always have a hard time locating the right place to click.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
How do you know that your subscription was extended. I submitted two reviews for our Hawaii trip, but I don't know that my submissions extended our membership. :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you get a reminder when your membership is up for renewal...all you need to do is reply that you wish to extend your membership with review credits and ill take care of the rest.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks, Brian!:)

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Husbands name appears on my reviews!

I am the TUG member but I use his EMail and for some reason his name appears on my reviews. Weird. Can you fix this?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Nicole D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviews prior to June?

Do reviews submitted prior to June qualify for the extension? I submitted in January of 2007.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry...no...we had to put a cutoff somewhere.

Scuba Fletch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! I just submitted a review for Tradewinds Cruise Club - BVI's

Thanks for the bonus! I just submitted a review for Tradewinds Cruise Club - BVI's. It's an article that I wrote and will be published in December 2007.