• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Ownership Interest Detail

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at this letter before I sign closing documents. It says to contact home resort for your loan balance and payment schedule.

Should I be calling Wyndham and double checking or will they not even speak to me? Or is it a mute point since the transfer will not take place with a balance due?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a resale buyer. I bought Bay Club II at Sandestin.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I called to ask about the vagueness about the loan information. The closing company called and couldn't get any information. I have the owners' names and I looked them up in the correct county for Sandestin and nothing came up.

Does anyone have any ideas? Estoppel has been ordered.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When the words "LOAN BALANCE" and "PAYMENT SCHEDULE" are mentioned ... I would assume WHAT you are buying is not paid off.

Just rescind NOW and let the seller prove otherwise. Deal has a SMELL to it.

PS Just why are you signing ANYTHING for settlement until you get the estoppel?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
When the words "LOAN BALANCE" and "PAYMENT SCHEDULE" are mentioned ... I would assume WHAT you are buying is not paid off.

Just rescind NOW and let the seller prove otherwise. Deal has a SMELL to it.

PS Just why are you signing ANYTHING for settlement until you get the estoppel?

The closing company said that Wyndham does this Vacation Ownership Interest Detail sheet instead. I had one from my first purchase where it said no loan. This one simply looked different.

I finally did see the original purchase of the deeded week from July of 1996 for around $7500. I just don't see any other entries on the comptroller site. Could there really have been a 20 year timeshare mortgage that is slated to be paid off really soon?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a FIXED WEEK or a fixed week converted to points or a UDI points contract?

Just asking ...