• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2BR Wyndham Long Wharf- Book or keep searching?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've always wanted to go to Newport, RI for a long weekend for a nice little getaway.

So I put in a request for any time until October and was matched to a 2BR Wyndham Long Wharf 10/21 week via RCI for 26 TPU's. I was hoping to use a II AC for October but RCI matched first but now I'm wondering whether I should book this now, hold out for better week or wait a II AC match?

- Looking at the reviews, Long Wharf seems to be a great fit for us since it is walking distance to all and has lots of amenities (specifically an indoor pool). Is the indoor pool heated? I assume but mid-October the outdoor pool will be closed?

- Is this week a tough exchange? Do I have a shot at first week of October or September?

- Is getting a AC match for 2BR Long Wharf a tough chance with II since Wyndham usually trades via RCI?

- Since I'm only going Friday to Monday, I really did not want to use up 26 TPU's on top of RCI fees. Would I be better off renting from an owner?

Thanks in advance!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no available units in any Wyndham resorts in Rhode island until mid October for Wyndham owners. It is difficult to book without ARP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Is getting a AC match for 2BR Long Wharf a tough chance with II since Wyndham usually trades via RCI?

Getting any resort in Newport through II is very tough except in the dead of winter, whether with an AC or regular deposit.

Like you, I only am interested in going to Newport for less than a week. I ended up booking through Wyndham Extra Holidays. They always seem to have some sort of special running and their rates are very reasonable.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting any resort in Newport through II is very tough except in the dead of winter, whether with an AC or regular deposit.

Like you, I only am interested in going to Newport for less than a week. I ended up booking through Wyndham Extra Holidays. They always seem to have some sort of special running and their rates are very reasonable.

Thanks, I checked out Wyndham Extra Holidays and those same dates are $335 per night for 2BR. Are these the type of rates you're referring to?

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Thanks, I checked out Wyndham Extra Holidays and those same dates are $335 per night for 2BR. Are these the type of rates you're referring to?

I don't know what specific dates you're looking at. For Labor Day I booked a 2BR there for about $260 a night. As another example I booked the Avenue Plaza in New Orleans over Memorial Day for $125 night (for a 1 BR).

Try the promo code SWEEPS on their website - that seems to automatically give a 15% discount.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what specific dates you're looking at. For Labor Day I booked a 2BR there for about $260 a night. As another example I booked the Avenue Plaza in New Orleans over Memorial Day for $125 night (for a 1 BR).

Try the promo code SWEEPS on their website - that seems to automatically give a 15% discount.

Thanks! Code did take off 15% and brought it down to about $310 a night so still $900 for 3 nights for 2BR Long Wharf for 10/21- 10/24. It's cheaper for me to use my TPU's and echange fee.

Thanks again:wave:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
we stayed there is April (and have stayed there several other times in the past)....it's a nice resort with a good location. Most of the units shave been renovated recently and the resort is in nice shape.

I would book it

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We stayed there in April 2 years ago and loved it. I'd go back if I had the chance.

As others have said, it's a great location. There's quite a bit in walking distance and some nice places close by to visit.

It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And buy lobsters right across the street!

:cheer: I read that in one of the reviews, so cool! I prefer king crab but my husband loves lobsters. Shop Rite just had a sale this weekend for $6.99 a pound and he bought 5 lobsters all for himself to eat. If it is cheaper than that there, he will be in heaven and might even go home with a car smelling of lobsters. :hysterical:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there in April 2 years ago and loved it. I'd go back if I had the chance.

As others have said, it's a great location. There's quite a bit in walking distance and some nice places close by to visit.

It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Thanks All! The more I researched and based on feedback from you all, seems like a great time to be there and worht the 26 TPU's for a weekend trip.

Read foliage is at its peak towards mid to end of October so I am hoping see those gorgeous fall colors.

All booked!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer: I read that in one of the reviews, so cool! I prefer king crab but my husband loves lobsters. Shop Rite just had a sale this weekend for $6.99 a pound and he bought 5 lobsters all for himself to eat. If it is cheaper than that there, he will be in heaven and might even go home with a car smelling of lobsters. :hysterical:
Buy the one with 1 claw and save a buck.