• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple Reservation Stays

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Assuming availability, is a 2-3 week vacation possible at a single resort in the same room w/o checking in/out? What if combining a 3 & 7 day reservation, again, assuming availability and also that resort allows it?

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - this can usually be arranged. Call the resort a couple of week before arrival and talk with them to confirm that they are aware - and ready to do this. I have even combined RCI trades with Club Wyndham Points reservations and been able to stay in the same unit. The resorts also want to keep you in the same room, as it is less hassle and work.

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Thanks Mass. It makes sense fiscally and semantically but just wanted to check.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not always the case.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not always the case.

Fully agree, not always the case.

VIPs can and do request certain units. Also, some resorts have fixed week owners that expect the stay in their units.

antjmar

Reaction score
Assuming availability, is a 2-3 week vacation possible at a single resort in the same room w/o checking in/out? What if combining a 3 & 7 day reservation, again, assuming availability and also that resort allows it?

As has already been said, not impossible. I am adding 1 day to a 7 day reservation since the room just become available. I called resort directly (prior to reserving room) they said they could keep me in same room. I did have to use additional housekeeping credits for the 1 extra night.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
thats great. Try to schedule your cleaning mid week instead of on day 7.

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
thats great. Try to schedule your cleaning mid week instead of on day 7.

Is that suggestion for the purpose of getting the cleaning in the middle of the stay or to save on the xtra HK credits? If you stay in the same unit, you can request a credit for the xtra HK credits once you return from the trip. As long as you don't change rooms, they will refund the HK credits, irrespective of when the cleaning is completed. At least that's how it works if you have two shorter confirmations that keep you in the same room. Is there something different about stays that last longer than 1 week?

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
Is that suggestion for the purpose of getting the cleaning in the middle of the stay or to save on the xtra HK credits? If you stay in the same unit, you can request a credit for the xtra HK credits once you return from the trip. As long as you don't change rooms, they will refund the HK credits, irrespective of when the cleaning is completed. At least that's how it works if you have two shorter confirmations that keep you in the same room. Is there something different about stays that last longer than 1 week?

I was told I had to pay for the HK credits since its over a 1 week stay even if I stay in the same room. Since I am paying for it anyway I will request a mid-week cleaning.
I was also told for another stay that I have reserved (1 week with 2 reservations) that if I dont get moved I can request a "refund" of the HK credits. So I assume this is their policy.