• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Minute Marriott Sale on EOY

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huge Savings on Final Inventory! You are the first to know.

The last of the EVERY-OTHER-YEAR (EOY) ownership opportunities have come to an end. If you want a GREAT DEAL, and can purchase ON OR BEFORE MAY 21st, your savings are HUGE on these specials JUST RELEASED.

Every Other Year Ownership Weeks

2 Bedroom 2/Bath Villas (unless otherwise noted)

Only a few of each are available! Call me to hold it.

Season Promo Price Savings HOA

Newport Coast Villas Gold $10,800 $5,400 $544

Newport Beach, CA Platinum $15,360 $7,680 $592

Grande Chateau Platinum $14,000 $7,000 $493

Las Vegas, NV

(lock-off)

Points every year

Shadow Ridge Gold $ 8,280 $4,140 $600

Enclaves (lock-off) Platinum $11,880 $5,940 $659

Palm Desert, CA

Timber Lodge Platinum Ski $18,680 $9,340 $848

Lake Tahoe, CA Gold $10,000 $5,000 $686

Crystal Shores Silver $ 9,690 $4,980 $572 Gulf Side

Marco Island, FL Gold $14,240 $7,120 $608 Gulf View

Very limited! Platinum $25,760 $12,880 $681 Gulf View

Grande Vista Gold $11,080 $5,540 $575

3 Bedroom Lock-off Platinum $14,360 $7,180 $590

Orlando, FL

Harbour Lake Gold $8,560 $4,280 $454

Orlando, FL Platinum $9,800 $4,900 $464

(limited Lock-off)

Willow Ridge Lodge Silver $3,760 $1,880 $387

Branson, MO Gold $6,320 $3,160 $387

(Lock-off) Platinum $7,680 $3,840 $387

Only 10% down secures your purchase. Marriott financing is available.

This is very limited inventory. Offer is only good when purchase through the mail and fax only from our Orlando Sales Gallery. This is the final inventory offering to clear out remaining inventory only. No other inventory will be created or weeks broken. This is it forever.

Contact me if you would like me to send a season calendar for the resort you are interested in or if you would like a payment worked up. Other inventory or views may be available but inventory is too limited to list. This list will be out dated in a matter of hours! Please contact me as soon as possible if you have interest. THESE DEALS ARE INCREDIBLE. Only one per resort per customer can be purchased.

[Commercial contact info. deleted. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting. So no new EOY ownerships? Perhaps something is in the works, or just more babble like the no more lock offs? We all know that was a lie.

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This all has to do with the points system that you don't think is happening. For some reason, they won't be able to convert these EOY to points.

Interesting. So no new EOY ownerships? Perhaps something is in the works, or just more babble like the no more lock offs? We all know that was a lie.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This all has to do with the points system that you don't think is happening. For some reason, they won't be able to convert these EOY to points.

If that is the case they are already making it so a fairly large portion of the unit base won't be able to convert. Not a good sign if your statement is true. It may already be doomed to fail without even being announced. Almost every other point system can accommodate EOY weeks, so I don't know why Marriott couldn't, just give half the number of points. Quite simple really. If it does have anything to do with a points system it is just a spin on words. Sure you can still buy EOY weeks in the future by just buying enough points to go ever other year.

I still think nothing will happen come June, July, or for quite some time.

Last edited:

DMSTWO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but what is the significance of the three numbers listed for each property (i.e. Newport Beach, CA Platinum $15,360 $7,680 $592) :confused:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I agree with Fletch -- they are blowing out deeded properties while they can -- it's also a clever way to sell annual usage (ie, I'll take an odd EOY and an even EOY).

I asked my Marriott rep if I could make a low ball offer on an Ocean View at Ko Olina before May 31st, and his response was these EOY offers that I mentioned in a different thread -- now apparently across the system. The sad thing is that even these discounted prices aren't compelling enough.

Fascinating stuff....

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Pardon my ignorance but what is the significance of the three numbers listed for each property (i.e. Newport Beach, CA Platinum $15,360 $7,680 $592) :confused:

From the first post:

Season; Promo Price; Savings; HOA

Your listing above is for Newport Coast in the Platinum season: the purchase price is $15,360 which is $7,680 off the "regular" price. The HOA (or mf) is $592/year.

Glorian

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Bargain

Huge Savings on Final Inventory! You are the first to know.

Timber Lodge Platinum Ski $18,680 $9,340 $848

Lake Tahoe, CA Gold $10,000 $5,000 $686

$3,840 $387

Only 10% down secures your purchase. Marriott financing is available.

THESE DEALS ARE INCREDIBLE. Only one per resort per customer can be purchased.

[Commercial contact info. deleted. - DeniseM Moderator]

Sorry, but I think these prices are a joke. I have gone to Timber Lodge the last three years (between November and December 21) for $350 for the entire week (one-bedroom, with full kitchen/fireplace, etc.). I recently reserved a week, two-bedroom, starting October 22, for $650 (see II). There are lots of cheap weeks you can rent on II for less than the maintenance fees. So why bother buying?

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's quite interesting how you opinions are never based on facts and solid information yet you say them with conviction. Are you in politics LOL ?

If that is the case they are already making it so a fairly large portion of the unit base won't be able to convert. Not a good sign if your statement is true. It may already be doomed to fail without even being announced. Almost every other point system can accommodate EOY weeks, so I don't know why Marriott couldn't, just give half the number of points. Quite simple really. If it does have anything to do with a points system it is just a spin on words. Sure you can still buy EOY weeks in the future by just buying enough points to go ever other year.

I still think nothing will happen come June, July, or for quite some time.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry, but I think these prices are a joke. I have gone to Timber Lodge the last three years (between November and December 21) for $350 for the entire week (one-bedroom, with full kitchen/fireplace, etc.). I recently reserved a week, two-bedroom, starting October 22, for $650 (see II). There are lots of cheap weeks you can rent on II for less than the maintenance fees. So why bother buying?

This is the problem that Marriott and many other developers are having. Why bother buying? It is far cheaper to pick up cheap off season weeks for rental. I think for the most part, Marriott has low prime inventory and lots of shoulder and off season weeks. Those are what they are having a hard time unloading.

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe with all those offseason week, they could develop a system where you buy no specify season. You know, just give more credits to prime season than off-season. I know, they can call it a credit system. You get the point ?

This is the problem that Marriott and many other developers are having. Why bother buying? It is far cheaper to pick up cheap off season weeks for rental. I think for the most part, Marriott has low prime inventory and lots of shoulder and off season weeks. Those are what they are having a hard time unloading.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe with all those offseason week, they could develop a system where you buy no specify season. You know, just give more credits to prime season than off-season. I know, they can call it a credit system. You get the point ?

If they think they have unhappy owners now with II, I think they will have even more with a credit system. Not only are those people who can't get the reservations they currently want, now there are even more people who now own credits vying for those same weeks. So now the new buyers are unhappy because they can't get the prime weeks they want. The old owners can't get what they want either because there are now more people vying for those same weeks. A recipe for disaster.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs

:rolleyes:
Yeah- I unfortunately do. But if they eliminate home resort priority, won't you have lots of owners vying for a limited number of premium weeks? I understand the advantage to Marriott of course, and I understand that points may offer more flexibility and fairer internal trades. However, isn't there a very real issue of it being more difficult to reserve the week you want at what was purchased as your home resort?

Of course, although Perry may have overstated it, it allows Marriott to create the illusion at least that the buyer can reserve those long ago sold out Plat. Plus weeks as long as they have enough points. Weeks systems limits sales to the number of units there are (by the deeding designation for inventory purposes) but points systems allow a finite number of points per resort but creates the illusion, at least, of reserving any subset of the 52 weeks that the developer wants to promote.

I'm not so sure I want to be competing with owners who have pooled their points together when booking my week. For me at least, home resort advantage will be a big determinant of whether the system has appeal.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

With the two points systems I'm familiar with, one doesn't offer an EOY ownership option (HGVC offered it last I knew). If Marriott releases a trust based ownership without home resort advantage, EOY ownership might not be necessary or practical. Rather than own EOY, you'd buy half the points necessary for your needs, then save or borrow the points from another year for your reservations. Thus, you can use your points EOY but, you have to manipulate them in order to do it.

I routinely save points with DRI and then borrow them back as the reservations I want become available. While it's simple enough to do, it's a little more complex than what I would want to get into with this thread. It's best to just wait and see what Marriott offers before speculating to far on what may or may not be possible.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
If they think they have unhappy owners now with II, I think they will have even more with a credit system. Not only are those people who can't get the reservations they currently want, now there are even more people who now own credits vying for those same weeks. So now the new buyers are unhappy because they can't get the prime weeks they want. The old owners can't get what they want either because there are now more people vying for those same weeks. A recipe for disaster.

I have far less difficulty getting the resevations I want with DRI or Hilton's points based systems than I have with Marriott's week's based system. Depending on what Marriott releases I suspect there will be more happy owners than unhappy owners. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer. I've said many times if Marriott could put something out there similar to Hilton's product, they'd have the best timeshare product in the world.

ldanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the first post:

Season; Promo Price; Savings; HOA

Your listing above is for Newport Coast in the Platinum season: the purchase price is $15,360 which is $7,680 off the "regular" price. The HOA (or mf) is $592/year.

Glorian

Let me see if I understood it right:

*currrent price for EOY: $15,360
*savings: $7,680
*regular price for EOY: $23,040
*price for a EY: $46,080
*eBay price for the same EY week: $8,000 to $10,000.

Am I missing something?

BTW, Newport Coast weeks (Platinum and even Gold) still hold a great value on the resale market.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Let me see if I understood it right:

*currrent price for EOY: $15,360
*savings: $7,680
*regular price for EOY: $23,040
*price for a EY: $46,080
*eBay price for the same EY week: $8,000 to $10,000.

Am I missing something?

BTW, Newport Coast weeks (Platinum and even Gold) still hold a great value on the resale market.

Mostly correct. The price of an EOY is actually 60% of the EY price. So your EY price won't quite be the double you show in your example. The EY price is actually $38400.

Last edited:

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score

Any EOYs? I own 2 EOYs, different locations. Lets say they offer a buy in, would I be excluded because I only own EOYs?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Any EOYs? I own 2 EOYs, different locations. Lets say they offer a buy in, would I be excluded because I only own EOYs?

That is the impression that Fletch gave.

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
That Vegas price is hysterical, given that I've seen an EY 2BR lockoff go for $6,000 on ebay.

Last edited:

pefs65

TUG Member
Reaction score
my marriott sales rep tried to offer me the same deal saying this is it for eoy.
I was in a rush and told him I would think about it but I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I bought eoy MOC for a fraction of his previous price.

I also wished I would have asked him if he knew anything about the points system but then I figured I would get more info on TUG since all he would do would probably give me the old line that he didnt know anything.

This is all getting so old. I wish Marriott would finally come out with something definitive.

Well I bought resale eoy at MOC and this is what I wanted and got a great price and they cant takeaway my ability to go to Maui eoy no matter what they do.

I bought where I wanted to vacation!!

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The price is 40% of an annual unit.

Mostly correct. The price of an EOY is actually 60% of the EY price. So your EY price won't quite be the double you show in your example. The EY price is actually $38400.

Marriott has sent me this offer before. They offered to sell me the "other half" of any timeshare at 40% since I paid 60% for the first half of Legends Edge. It looks like they are running the special again.

The Shadow Ridge Enclaves platinum looks like a good deal IMO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott has sent me this offer before. They offered to sell me the "other half" of any timeshare at 40% since I paid 60% for the first half of Legends Edge. It looks like they are running the special again.

The Shadow Ridge Enclaves platinum looks like a good deal IMO.

So the prices quoted are actually only 40% of the EY price? If so that makes the EY prices even higher than I mentioned in my post.:eek:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
$15,360 is 40% of $38,400. You had it correct for NCV. :)

Makes sense now. So they are just discounting the EOY weeks across the board and not having the requirement like you indicated where you had to currently own an EOY week in order to get the 40% deal?