• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Short stays

arubalover60

Reaction score
As a newbie to this forum, the information that is given here has been very valuable. We own a 2 Bedroom unit, Gold season, at the Aruba Ocean Club and we have no desire to go anywhere else. We usually go in Oct or Nov. In the past we have split the unit and used the 1 Bedroom the first week and the lockoff unit for 3 days the next week and rest of the week has gone unused. The question is, we would like to swap the 7 days of the lockoff unit for 3 days of the 1 Bedroom.
Do you think that is possible? If yes, do you think we should try to do that through II or try the new DP program?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why Would Anyone Make That Trade?

The difficulty I see with your plan is why someone would give up their one bedroom for a lock-off. Maybe.

I don't see going for points. It is too costly and you don't know what the points will be worth in the future, or the MFs to maintain those points.

I would think about looking to rent something for three days. That is probably going to be your best bet.

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott has historically done bulk deposits into II for studio, 1bdrm and 2 bdrms for the month of Sept, Oct and sometimes early Nov. It should be pretty easy to snag a 1bdrm for an entire week using your lockoff. Looks like the bulk deposit was made in late May 2010 for Sept, Oct and Nov 2010.

Here is the link to the bulk deposit for 2010

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It should be possible to exchange the studio for a 1BR for the same time. Since you can have overlapping times, checkin date shouldn't matter. The only problem is that you can't put in an ongoing request, you have to find the 1BR in instant exchange. I don't know how often this resort shows up in instant exchange for that time of year.