• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Availability via RCI and Club points for Christmas

USDave

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to stay over Christmas and New year for 2 weeks in total in Orlando Thursday to Thursday.

We are also going in May for 2 weeks and had already reserved this years 10,000 points.

However I was considering cancelling 5000 of those points (as I can get Open season in May) and borrowing from next year to use at Christmas.

Will I be able to get Christmas at Orlando ideally Tuscany 276 days out I think that is a club week?

Is it worth trying RCI? I have never used RCI but would Disney be a possibility even for a week of the two?

Or are there other tips? That you can suggest?

Thanks in advance

Dave

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you want a Thursday to Thursday stay, I don't think you'll get anything with an RCI search. You can do manual searches every day and see if something is deposited in points, but I don't think weeks get any Thursday check in deposits. Another choice is to do the ongoing searches, take whatever you get and book the remaining days through hilton.com and then cancel if open season comes available.

If you log in right away on the first booking day, maybe you will get the whole reservation. That will be the easiest thing to do. If you can grab what you want, cancel your other 5000 reservation and use those points with your borrowed points.

If you want to assure yourself of getting what you want right now, ask an owner to book it for you and then either pay them for it or book something for them with your points.

Disney is possible, but most people put in their ongoing searches a couple years ahead of time and they would all have priority over you.

USDave

Reaction score
Thanks that is really useful.

The Thursday to Thursday is unfortunately dictated by flights from the UK unfortunately - it is nearly $2000 dollars more within a few days either side.

When you suggest ask an owner - how would you recommend I go about trying to do that?

Thanks

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you suggest ask an owner - how would you recommend I go about trying to do that?

Go to the marketplace, which is a link in the red bar at the top of this page. You can place an exchange ad and/or a rental wanted ad over there.

You can also put a signature line on your posts that says you are looking for an exchange into the resort that you want. It can have a link to your ad in the marketplace.

If any Orlando owners see this thread and have points available, they may send you a private message offering to rent to you or exchange with you. I don't own Orlando and cannot help, but being curious, which HGVC resort do you own at?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to stay over Christmas and New year for 2 weeks in total in Orlando Thursday to Thursday.

We are also going in May for 2 weeks and had already reserved this years 10,000 points.

However I was considering cancelling 5000 of those points (as I can get Open season in May) and borrowing from next year to use at Christmas.

Will I be able to get Christmas at Orlando ideally Tuscany 276 days out I think that is a club week?

Is it worth trying RCI? I have never used RCI but would Disney be a possibility even for a week of the two?

Or are there other tips? That you can suggest?

Thanks in advance

Dave
If you book exactly when club season opens, you should be able to get something...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

USDave

Reaction score
Thank you both,

I own at Seaworld but in truth I have only ever stayed at Tuscant on about 12 occasions!