• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Reserve at Sumer Bay

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Just got off the phone with reservations, and happy to hear we are confirmed for our stay.

I had asked the rep about Internet in the house.

They claimed it was free, at the entire resort, and including inside the houses.

They were unable to tell me whether it was wifi or Ethernet.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Paul

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting The Reserves! Those houses at Summer Bay are amazing! You will love it. As far as I know, internet connection is not free, unless things have changed. There is a weekly fee charged.

I would call back to the resort and ask again.

Enjoy yourselves!

Dori

durrod

Reaction score
Wifi is free only at the pools area and lobby area.There is a fee to use wifi at all the units. That's the last thing I know.

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
On their Facebook page I asked the same question. Here's the response..

Hello Paul. You can expect complimentary WiFi service during your upcoming stay at Summer Bay Orlando Resort. Your pool is waiting for you! :) SB

I'll have to call

Paul

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am an owner in another part of Summer Bay. They changed over to complimentary wifi for everyone in the units, by the pools and in the clubhouse in early November. My understanding is it is a little on the crappy side and can cut off and won't work for streaming video but works for email and general searches. They still have e brochures and documents that say it is complimentary only in limited areas but they are old ones that just haven't been updated.

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks tschwa2

They did get back to me on FB.

Here's their response.

Yes! That is correct. The entire resort is WiFi friendly and usage is complimentary, including houses in the Reserve. SB

Not that it's that important to our vacay.

Paul

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
YaY! :cheer: That was the only peeve I had with SB, paying for WiFi. I love this resort!

Dori

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres a description I received from someone who just toured them.

"Yes, we toured the new pool homes. They are all 3 bedroom 3 bath homes. The home is 3100 sq. feet. Large open living room and dining room with a nice size kitchen. All appliances are stainless steel and they have a full size front load washer and dryer. If I remember correctly, One bedroom has 2 queen size beds in it and the other 2 rooms have king size beds in it. There are tvs in every room and really nice tile on the floors and granite counter tops. They have 5 new homes and they are absolutely beautiful. I wish we could have stayed in one of them. I believe that they are building an additional 2 more. Not exactly sure what the older homes look like from the inside but the outside and the pool areas were really nice."

Now I can't wait to stay there in March :cheer:

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
3100 sq ft. Yikes.

That's sweet. We may not come home..

Looking fwd.

Paul

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
As a former SB owner, I am elated to hear that the wifi is finally free for the entire resort. This was always a negative for us. We stayed in the Houses at SB last year, which was fine. It was probably my 4th stay. My only problem though was the roaches in our house. I cannot remember which house it was, but roaches were in my bathroom. I think we were the 3rd house on the right facing the lake. We could tell that the house had been exterminated prior to our stay from the smell. I'm now deciding if I want to try the Reserve since they require so many points. If the new houses are anything like the old, it would be a great exchange for anyone.

Last edited:

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a former SB owner, I am elated to hear that the wifi is finally free for the entire resort. This was always a negative for us. We stayed in the Houses at SB last year, which was fine. It was probably my 4th stay. My only problem though was the roaches in our house. I cannot remember which house it was, but roaches were in my bathroom. I think we were the 3rd house on the right facing the lake. We could tell that the house had been exterminated prior to our stay from the smell. I'm now deciding if I want to try the Reserve since they require so many points. If the new houses are anything like the old, it would be a great exchange for anyone.

Reservations are saying that The Reserve pool homes are much more elaborate than the Houses at Summer Bay each have their own pool and hot tub

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Thanks for the update. I am leaning towards getting a house at The Reserve. If we rented a private pool house, as we have done several times in the past, it would certainly cost much more money than me buying additional points for the 124,000 that are required. The last time we rented a pool house in Davenport, I paid about $1,800 for the rental and not many amenities. Anyone who stays at The Reserve or the Houses at Summer Bay, should have a very enjoyable stay.

durrod

Reaction score
Tpu's

How many tpu's this new houses need for a trade?

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I think that the 124,000 RCI points required to stay at The Reserve might be more cost effective than 22 TPU's. Is this a correct estimation?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
22 tpus cost $440 at $20 per tpu. plus the $209 exchange fee $649 total

My Rci points cost $.01 per point so 124,000 would cost me $1240 plus $159 or $209 exchange fee depending on weeks or points inventory so using my RCI points would cost me at lest twice as much.

Even at .006 per rci point it would be $744 plus $159 in points for $903.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
22 tpus cost $440 at $20 per tpu. plus the $209 exchange fee $649 total

My Rci points cost $.01 per point so 124,000 would cost me $1240 plus $159 or $209 exchange fee depending on weeks or points inventory so using my RCI points would cost me at lest twice as much.

Even at .006 per rci point it would be $744 plus $159 in points for $903.

My per TPU cost is $8.77 plus exchange fee so $192.94 plus exchange fee :)

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Thanks for the clarification regarding the points/TPU cost.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
I had a match not long ago for September for this resort for 8 TPU's

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Getting ready to book one of the houses. RCI information is saying the construction of new houses is going on until 2015. Anyone been there recently to know how bad is this noise? I certainly would not want a lot of noise to interfere with my vacation, especially after using so many points to exchange into the new houses. We stayed in the Houses at Summer Bay last year and saw these new houses. They seemed to be pretty close together, but maybe about the same as the older houses. I cannot remember for sure.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received an email from RCI about the construction beginning here, it said building of 2 new pool homes and a six storey building, so I am expecting noise, could make for a noisy vacation!

catwgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the same email and I check in on April 18. Let me know how it is. I am still really looking forward to it.

We received an email from RCI about the construction beginning here, it said building of 2 new pool homes and a six storey building, so I am expecting noise, could make for a noisy vacation!

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I confirmed a house today for September. I hope that someone does comment about the noise who has been there recently. The houses are pretty close together. I hope that loud noise will not awaken us early in the mornings. That's why we're going, which is to get away from everything. I plan to call Summer Bay to inquire about this so we can be better prepared. There won't be much that we can do while spending time outside in our pool.

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The construction at the resort is reportedly by the entrance. According to the reservations rep I spoke to on the phone today.

I'll know for sure in 12 days.

Paul

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Paul, please report back after your stay. As a former Summer Bay owner, I am very familiar with the entire resort. We also stayed in the Houses at Summer Bay last year. I don't understand why you were told that the construction is by the entrance. The Reserve Houses are located toward the back of the resort. Once you stop at the guard gate and stay on that road, it takes you past the Villas at Summer Bay, Summer Bay Resort units, the Club House, Houses at Summer Bay, and the last buildings constructed to the very left. The five new houses are straight ahead on that main road. I drove over there last year, but the houses were not ready at that time. I think it was in January.

I do think that we will be bothered by the construction of two additional houses unless they are building them in a different location, which would not make much sense. I could see where the ground was broken for another building while we were there last year. That should be further past the 500 and higher buildings.
Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.