• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Opinions/Thoughts on Brewster Green?

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I would definitely complain to the manager about the unit. We were in two bedroom one level units in May of 2014 and June of this year, 2015. We didn't have the problems Joe describes, though the coffee maker was past needing to be replaced. As for the wifi, we did not have problems. Also, my husband has T-Mobile and I have Verizon. Neither of us experienced problems while at Brewster Green. We were in the units at the back along the golf course in the same area as the office. We were on RCI weeks exchange.

So sorry this is happening to you, Joe!

Hi Glynda,

I definitely have mixed feelings about the resort. We had a first good stay in 2014 and now this year not so much. I think I will mention things to the manager when we check out. I posted just in case someone searches for posts on the resort so that they know that units vary in condition.

As far as the Internet and cell phone reception, I think this is very location dependent at the resort. Both units we've stayed in here have very poor Internet and cellphone reception. But both units are very far away from the office area.

My sister actually lived on the same road as the resort for about 5 or 6 years and I've had her on my family share plan on both Verizon and T-mo and she's had poor reception on both services (across a variety of phones).

I'm sure the Internet isn't a big deal for many on vacation, but I usually work about 1-2 hours every day when on vacation. I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule, so I don't mind working while on vacation (mostly responding to emails, etc.). But I've been known to do "real" work on vacation, so a good Internet connection is really important to me.

Joe

medsed

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed at ocean edge...also in Brewster. We have AT&T and we had terrible reception. I don't think it has to do with the resorts so much as the location. Hubby has family there so we have been to the Cape and just off Cape (Mattapoisett) many, many times and reception varies from just OK to non existent depending on where we are.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Understood!

Hi Glynda,

I definitely have mixed feelings about the resort. We had a first good stay in 2014 and now this year not so much. I think I will mention things to the manager when we check out. I posted just in case someone searches for posts on the resort so that they know that units vary in condition.

As far as the Internet and cell phone reception, I think this is very location dependent at the resort. Both units we've stayed in here have very poor Internet and cellphone reception. But both units are very far away from the office area.

My sister actually lived on the same road as the resort for about 5 or 6 years and I've had her on my family share plan on both Verizon and T-mo and she's had poor reception on both services (across a variety of phones).

I'm sure the Internet isn't a big deal for many on vacation, but I usually work about 1-2 hours every day when on vacation. I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule, so I don't mind working while on vacation (mostly responding to emails, etc.). But I've been known to do "real" work on vacation, so a good Internet connection is really important to me.

Joe

I do think the units vary as well. Our unit this year was two down from our unit last year and was a bit nicer than the former. We were able to confirm that in that we spent two extra nights this year and they moved us back to last year's unit. Both were clean and comfy but one somewhat nicer than the other. Outside actually needs more attention on the buildings than inside on that row. If they would do some sliding glass door repairs, landscaping, replace grills and brush off spider webs under the eaves, etc. the place would look a lot better!

I also agree that location is key in internet and cell reception. We had trouble at various locations on the Cape with cell service. But just chalk that up to being where we were.

We just returned from five nights in a yurt at Shenandoah Crossing in Gordonsville, VA, and the slow internet drove us crazy at night. Not so bad during the day time but still slower than we are happy with and we aren't trying to work! So I'm sure it's frustrating to you when you are trying to wherever you are.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed on an extra RCI week, like I said in an earlier post we did not have any problem with the resort. I like the Cape and Brewster is one of my favorite places. It is far enough away from the busy areas of Hyannis and Falmouth but close enough to Yarmouth and Dennis. VRI still manages Brewster Green. We own at another VRI resort called Holly Tree, will be making our first visit there at the end of September, I will let you know how that goes!
Silentg

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Bummer- we will be on the Cape first week in October. Went to a weird timeshare presentation at Holly Tree once- never got to see a unit - let the whole group they captured loose for a lack of interest.

humor_monger

TUG Member
Reaction score
what 2 bedrooms are better?

Can you request a specific unit? We'll be there starting Sept 18

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score

Don't know if you can request a particular unit, but I am trying to upload a map of BG which may be of some help. I'll try again Monday AM. If you look at the BG website, it shows the floor plan of 2 different units: B & D. We have one not list, 2 bedrooms, and spacious.

BTW, we own there, and will be staying the same week.

SBtS

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Requesting unit at Brewster Green

I was able to request a one level unit when I exchanged through RCI. My mother travels with us and can not do stairs. It was not a handicapped unit. Also I called the resort and confirmed. That was the first year. This year I confirmed with RCI that it was a one level unit. When we got there it was a one level but it was not close to the office, was set back from the parking lot and would be a bit of a walk to the unit for my 93 year old mother so they moved us to the building we prefer along the golf course at the back behind the office. You can always try. But I would call the resort.

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score

You'll be coming in on Lund Farm Way on the left of the map. I would select any unit on Lynnanne Way if available, and if no one in your group has a walking problem. I believe all the units there are 2 brs. My next choice would be units on Lilac Circle.

SBtS

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were in unit 30 on Lilac Circle this year. 18 last year. I like 30 better. Two bedroom/ two bath all on one level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom all on one level. Holly Tree is a free bee, studio, I know what to expect.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
18 D and 30 D

Glynda -

What are the floor plans of units 18 & 30? Are they a B or D model as on the BG web page or some other configuration?

SBtS

They are D units.

humor_monger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for map and unit suggestions

I'll call this week to see what I'm supposed to get and go from there! Really prefer one level units. Thanks

Bruce :wave:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed in 82 #13 Lynne Anne Circle. Very nice spot.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Questions...

We stayed in 82 #13 Lynne Anne Circle. Very nice spot.

Was #13 all on one level? How many bedrooms and baths did it have?
Thanks!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
2 bedrooms 2 bath and a sleep sofa in a private area oof living room, so like an extra sleeping space, could sleep 8 but only 4 of us. Plenty of room.

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW+in-laws stayed in unit 35 (3 br) off of cherrywood Ln last summer. Absolutely loved it and love the central location of Brewster.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Questions...

2 bedrooms 2 bath and a sleep sofa in a private area oof living room, so like an extra sleeping space, could sleep 8 but only 4 of us. Plenty of room.

Is it all on one level?

humor_monger

TUG Member
Reaction score
assigned unit 24

It is a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath on Lilac Circle. I did request a switch to a 2/2.She said she put a note in but said they are usually quite full in September because of the good weather. We shall see!

Bruce

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath on Lilac Circle. I did request a switch to a 2/2.She said she put a note in but said they are usually quite full in September because of the good weather. We shall see!

Bruce

You should have a 'D' configuration unit as shown on the Brewster Green's Unit page. Member Glynda has stayed in units 18 & 30, and posted that those units were D's (post 39).

SBtS