• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please list all 1 in 4 and 1 in 3 restricted RCI resorts

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread dedicated to compiling a list of resorts with 1 in whatever restrictions. I am not sure if TUG has a list of the 1 in 3 the and the 1 in 4 RCI resorts, but if not perhaps we could list all the 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 resorts we are familiar with and start a list to turn into a sticky.

Here are the 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 rule resorts I know for sure about:

1. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake resort (1 in 3 rule) weeks not points. It is 1 in 3 per section so you can stay in west this year, north next year, etc.

2. Holiday Inn Vacations Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg (1 in 3 rule) weeks

3. HGVC sea World (1 in 4 rule) weeks

4. HGVC International Drive (1 in 4 rule) weeks

5. Summer Bay Resort (1 in 4 rule) weeks

6. Villas at Summer Bay (1 in 4 rule) weeks

7. Sol Melia Grand Vacation Clubs in Cancun at Grand Melis (1 in 3 rule) weeks

8. All Pueblo Bonita Rose Resorts in Mexico (1 in 4 rule) weeks

9. Playa Grande Cabo (1 in 4 rule) weeks

10. All Park Royal Resorts in Mexico (1 in 4 rule) weeks

11. All MVC resorts in Mexico (1 in 3 rule) weeks

12. All Mayan resorts in Mexico (you can only reserve one Mayan resort in a 5 year period) weeks

13. Both Morritt's resorts Grand Caymen (1 in 4 rule) weeks

14. Antigua Village beach Club (1 in 3 rule) weeks

15. Manhatten Club in new York (1 in 4 rule)

16. All Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head (1 in 4 rule) weeks

17. All Grand Pacific Resorts In Southern California (1 in 4 rule) weeks

18. Villas de Santa Fe a Diamond resort (1 in 4 rule )weeks

19. Las Vegas resorts: HGVC/Flamingo, HGVC/Hilton, and HGVC/Strip (1 in 4 rule) weeks

20. Smugglers' Notch Resort enforces (1 in 4 yearrule) enforced on weeks 1-12, 24-34, and 51-52

21. Woodstone at Massanutten #5711 (1 in 4 rule)

22. The Summit at Massanutten#3640 (1 in 4 rule)

23. Regal Vistas at Massanutten #C152 ( 1 in 4 rule)

24. Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club #0493 ( 1 in 4 rule)

25. Festiva Sailing Vacations #7541, 7911, 7912 (1 in 4 rule)

26. Tradwinds Cruise Clubs#6068, 6850, 5206, 5205
This applies to rental and bonus reservations but rule does not apply to owners. No multiple or consecutive weeks allowed. Rule covers exchanges into other Tradewinds Cruise Club boats as well. 1 in 4 applies to entire club, just not single resort.

27. Galleon Key West (1 in 4 rule) weeks

Here is a list from 2008. Not sure if there are any changes but it is a good guess to go with the current list we are compiling above:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=477118&postcount=33

Please add other resorts you know of with these restrictions.

Last edited:

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
Waterside in Hilton Head and all of the Spinnaker managed resorts there are one in four. I tried to traded into Southwind yesterday and none of my deposits were allowed to trade into this resort except the one Waterside unit I own. Even Blue Ridge Village in NC could not trade into it. Three Myrtle Beach resorts also could not trade. Said resort rules restricts trading into this unit. Has RCI gone to a regional block like II? I also get this message on some of the Myrtle Beach resorts.

According to RCI only Waterside was able to trade into Southwind at that time. It sounds like there is a priority trading period for Spinnaker Resorts like VRI in RCI and Marriott in II except not as long as a month. The rep I spoke with was not familiar with this situation and had to put me on hold and ask another rep.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside in Hilton Head and all of the Spinnaker managed resorts there are one in four. I tried to traded into Southwind yesterday and none of my deposits were allowed to trade into this resort except the one Waterside unit I own. Even Blue Ridge Village in NC could not trade into it. Three Myrtle Beach resorts also could not trade. Said resort rules restricts trading into this unit. Has RCI gone to a regional block like II? I also get this message on some of the Myrtle Beach resorts.

Thanks. As to why you couldn't trade for Waterside, these are the rules from RCI:
"One in Four year applies to any of the Spinnaker properties. Spinnaker enforces a group rule meaning that if a member goes to one of the resorts in the group they can not go to any of the other resorts for 4 years.The following resorts are part of the group 1503,3298,3400,4223 and 5366."

I believe that they waive the one in four rule if you own at a Spinaker resort, or maybe they waive the one in 4 rule if you trade in one of your Spinnaker weeks for another Spinnaker week.. RCI should be able to explain why. If you have stayed at any of the 6 resorts in the last 4 years you would be blocked from all of them for 4 years unless you qualify for an owner's exemption. Let us know what you find out.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Villa's de Santa Fe (Diamond Resort) I am almost certain is 1 in 4.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
I own at Waterside which should erase the one in four. I cannot use any of my other resort deposits in my account to trade into any Spinnaker Resorts.

Amber Vacation Club put a deposit at Alhambra Villas near Orlando into my account, and it will not trade into HH resorts either. I have not traded into any of the Spinnaker Resorts in at least six years.

Also checking I notice that none of my resorts will trade into Sea Watch at Hilton Head except County Club Villas which is managed by the same management company as Sea Watch in Hilton Head. Very strange. I have emailed RCI and will let you know what they say.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
How about if you do a last call or extra vacation to a 1 in 3 or 4?

Is that counted in your 1 in 3 or 4? :confused:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
1 in 4
Smugglers' Notch #0300
Resort enforces one in four year rule for specific weeks. Weeks affected are 1-12, 24-34, and 51-52

Mountain Estates at Smugglers' Notch #7576
Woodstone at Massanutten #5711
The Summit at Massanutten#3640
Regal Vistas at Massanutten #C152
Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club #0493
Festiva Sailing Vacations #7541, 7911, 7912

Tradwinds Cruise Clubs#6068, 6850, 5206, 5205
Resort strictly enforces 1 in 4 year rule. This applies to rental and bonus reservations but rule does not apply to owners. No multiple or consecutive weeks allowed. Rule covers exchanges into other Tradewinds Cruise Club boats as well. 1 in 4 applies to entire club, just not single resort.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the list provided by RCI back in 2008:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=477118&postcount=33

If you want the current list, it might be quicker just to ask RCI to send it to you.

Thanks. I added it to the bottom of the list I have compiled so far. There are way more on the list than we will probably ever get on our list. If someone can get a copy of the current list, that would sure be a lot easier.

Tommart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically correct

For your information,

Yes, Woodstone, Summit, and Regal Vistas at Massanutten each are 1 in 4. But all have access to all Massanutten facilities. So you can stay at Woodstone one year, Summit the next, and Regal Vistas the third. In the fourth, you can stay at Mountainside Villas, Eagle Trace, or Shenandoah Villas. These resorts also have access to all Massanutten facilities. All but Shenandoah Villas have the same registration desk, and share most other services.

I think the same is true of Orange Lake. I've stayed in the West Village. RCI.com won't allow me to search for a unit in the West Village. Says I've stayed there in the past 4 years. But I have no trouble searching in the East, North, and River Villages at Orange Lake.

Tommart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana

I believe that the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando is a 1 in 4 resort. I was told that it was. I stayed there in 2009 and today I can't place a hold on rci.com.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For your information,
I think the same is true of Orange Lake. I've stayed in the West Village. RCI.com won't allow me to search for a unit in the West Village. Says I've stayed there in the past 4 years. But I have no trouble searching in the East, North, and River Villages at Orange Lake.

RCI rules:
"The 1 in 3 rule does NOT apply to HICV owners. Non owners must wait until 3 full years have passed. This rule appliesto 1 for 1 exchanges and is group specific to 0670, 8897, 8896, and 8881. The rule does not apply to points exchanges and is subject to change."

When Orange Lake was all lumped together as far as RCI was concerned it was 1 in 3 for the whole OLCC resort. the way I read it is that it is 1 in 3 for each specific group, so you apparently are correct that the 1 in 3 is per section meaning you can stay in west village this year, Rivers island next year, etc.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I believe that the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando is a 1 in 4 resort. I was told that it was. I stayed there in 2009 and today I can't place a hold on rci.com.

I've stayed here a few times using last minute exchanges with RCI Points.
Are points excluded from the 1 in 3 or did I just get lucky?

Tommart

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure

I've stayed here a few times using last minute exchanges with RCI Points.
Are points excluded from the 1 in 3 or did I just get lucky?

I don't know if Points members are excluded from the requirement.

I posted before reading Pit's post. His list also lists two Sheraton Vistana HOAs as 1 in 4.

Maybe the 1 in 4 doesn't apply to Last Chance. Maybe the resort (or RCI) waives the requirement. It's better than letting it go vacant.

Also, there are several HOAs at Vistana. Only two are listed as 1 in 4. Maybe you stayed in separate HOAs, or ones without the requirement. This is similar to what happens at Massanutten and Orange Lake.

I'm guessing.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I don't know if Points members are excluded from the requirement.

I posted before reading Pit's post. His list also lists two Sheraton Vistana HOAs as 1 in 4.

Maybe the 1 in 4 doesn't apply to Last Chance. Maybe the resort (or RCI) waives the requirement. It's better than letting it go vacant.

Also, there are several HOAs at Vistana. Only two are listed as 1 in 4. Maybe you stayed in separate HOAs, or ones without the requirement. This is similar to what happens at Massanutten and Orange Lake.

I'm guessing.

Actually going back looking at my stays one was a resort certificate and the others were last calls so I guess last calls aren't included. I thought it was in my points account but it wasn't.

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest certificate at 1 in 4

What if one wants to reserve two units at a 1 in 4 resort and have a guest in one and an RCI owner in another. Will the resort and RCI permit this?

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if one wants to reserve two units at a 1 in 4 resort and have a guest in one and an RCI owner in another. Will the resort and RCI permit this?

Nope. When you exchange for the first one you can't exchange for another one until 4 years has passed.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

Nope. When you exchange for the first one you can't exchange for another one until 4 years has passed.

Actually, most resorts will allow you to reserve 2 weeks concurrently or consecutively. At least I know that Morritt's Tortuga Club allows you to do so. You can either have 2 units same week or stay for 2 weeks in a row.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Actually, most resorts will allow you to reserve 2 weeks concurrently or consecutively. At least I know that Morritt's Tortuga Club allows you to do so. You can either have 2 units same week or stay for 2 weeks in a row.

Yep. RCI let me book two units today for the exact same check-in day at a 1 in 4 resort. I was allowed to have two units for our big family trip for the same week/check-in day.

I'll just have to wait four years to do another big family trip at this resort.