• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Has anyone ever heard of Goodbye Timeshare, LLC

buzzm

Reaction score
They have an ad in the local paper...in you area these three days, appointment only, etc.

Ad states

No listing fee or appraisal fee.

100% success guarantteed

Accept their offer close within 24 hours

Member BBB

My gut tells me too good to be true.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the PCC's are advertising in newspapers now?

These are indeed scams. Your gut was right. They will want you to pay them ~$3,000 to take your timeshare off your hands. Then they will turn around and sell it on eBay, with the new buyer paying all closing costs including the transaction from you to the PCC. They may also give false horror stories and tell fantasies about tax deductions.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What local paper? I would be curious, since three of the postcard companies I know about originated in my state.

How many ARE there? :rolleyes:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Lots & Lots Of Fast-Talking Hornswogglers Out There.

So what is it -- dozens & dozens of these fast-shuffle bamboozlers out there ?

Or just the same handful of sharp dealers operating under dozens & dozens of different names ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Semi-Resemble That Remark.

Then they will turn around and sell it on eBay, with the new buyer paying all closing costs including the transaction from you to the PCC.
I suppose the dinky points timeshare we bought via eBay recently had to have been acquired by the eBay seller through something similar to a PCC operation. No proof of that, though -- just a hunch.

However that may be, closing costs to us were el freebo. Ditto the resort transfer fee. Also, maintenance fees are paid up through 2012 even though we get use of the points starting right away. All we paid was the eBay bid amount.

Go figure.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Usual bogus offer that will cost you big time.

They have an ad in the local paper...in you area these three days, appointment only, etc.

Ad states

No listing fee or appraisal fee.

100% success guarantteed

Accept their offer close within 24 hours

Member BBB

My gut tells me too good to be true.

As the other posts state the "offer" will be that YOU pay THEM. Not what you would expect from the way the ad talks or what the average person thinks of as "an offer". Of course success is guaranteed - once you pay them the "deal" is a success!

Don't waste your time and don't spend all that money. You can do exactly what they will do with your timeshare (basically give it away and even pay the cost of transfer) by using Craigs list or ebay or TUG or many other free/low cost sites and a little time. Paying them $3000 or more to accomplish that is a very expensive way to go. Unless you don't car about the money outlay you'd be wise to avoid this group & the bogus "offer".

buzzm

Reaction score
Thanks all. That was my suspicion. I am going to try eBay etc. Also, looking into donating to a charity. Can this be done? Does it involve simply deeding over the rights to the week? Any reputable organizations to help accomplish that?

foreverloves

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose the dinky points timeshare we bought via eBay recently had to have been acquired by the eBay seller through something similar to a PCC operation. No proof of that, though -- just a hunch.

However that may be, closing costs to us were el freebo. Ditto the resort transfer fee. Also, maintenance fees are paid up through 2012 even though we get use of the points starting right away. All we paid was the eBay bid amount.

Go figure.

I don't know this for sure, but that's my understanding of how most of the resellers on ebay work. Basically, I think they have an arm of their company that is a PCC - or, like Vacation Innovations, I know they will "buy" your timeshare (not really, I'm sure you have to pay fees or something) and then they resell it on ebay. These guys on ebay make money from distressed sellers (taking their fees), whatever money they net from the auction itself, and then the fees they charge in closing, most of which are probably profit. Sadly, because the economy is poor and timeshares are not appreciating assets, a business model like this can work.

In one sense, I guess it's good because sellers who really don't want it anymore get out of the timeshare, the resellers make money, and buyers like you and me get the vacation we want for a terrific price.

But I won't lie and say there isn't a twinge of guilt buying on ebay from one of those resellers :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks all. That was my suspicion. I am going to try eBay etc. Also, looking into donating to a charity. Can this be done? Does it involve simply deeding over the rights to the week? Any reputable organizations to help accomplish that?

Unless you own a prime week with definite resale value, a charity is going to charge you $2-3K to "take it off your hands." If a charity agrees to take your TS for free - be a bit suspicious. Sometimes that means they will not transfer the deed out of your name, and you will actually continue to be the owner, and responsible for all fees, until they sell it.

In addition to that, any deduction will be for the fair market value. If you have to pay someone to take it, the fair market value is 0 and your deduction will be 0.

Please consider giving it away to a private individual who can use it, before you spend a cent to get someone to "take if off your hands."

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2010 maintenance fees

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple professional transfer for about $100) I've used this licensed document Prep. company and the owner is a Tugger. - Note, this is my personal recommendation, not as a representative of TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2010 for the new owner​

Good luck!

Last edited:

michigal

Reaction score
GoodBye Timeshare

I used them and they DID get me out of my timeshare debt - good riddance!
I found them to be honest and they did exactly what they said they would - it took about 45 days to completely deed me out it. Yea! no more maintenance fee or those darn special accessments.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me dubious...

I found them to be honest and they did exactly what they said they would - it took about 45 days to completely deed me out it. Yea! no more maintenance fee or those darn special accessments.

How convenient..... a first time TUG poster, suddenly appearing just today out of the blue, to extol the virtues of a completely unknown PostCard Company. :ponder:

Conspicuously absent from this particular entirely unconvincing "endorsement" is any actual reference to exactly how many thousands of dollars this PCC charges each sucker "customer" for its' "services"...

I was born very early in the morning --- but it certainly wasn't yesterday morning. :rolleyes:
Goodbye, "Goodbye Timeshare"...

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Check the other posting of this person.
Surely a scammer of scam co.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Very strange - you don't own a timeshare, yet you search out a timeshare forum, and use the search function to find a thread that is 18 mos. old to endorse an upfront fee company...

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Very strange - you don't own a timeshare, yet you search out a timeshare forum, and use the search function to find a thread that is 18 mos. old to endorse an upfront fee company...

A comment from a former customer (aka "sucker"):

GoodBuy TimeShare. LLC took me for a royal ride. They also say they rent times shares on your behalf. They got me for many hundreds of dollars. After I signed the contracts, they told me they do not rent the timeshares for the client for the first year at all and they would only start to work the issue if I gave the timeshares for the 2nd year. They claim to own the local BBB. I filed a complaint with the local BBB. Because I filed a BBB Complaint against them they damanded that I give them two additional weeks to do what they wanted to do with them as damages for filing a BBB complaint. The BBB found this was a fair settlement offer from them to me.

Anyone that wants to donate their money to this firm for no significant service in return definately wants this firm. Anyone that expects something for monies paid needs to stay away. Be very careful, they have a second office not far from their first one in Williamsburg Virginia. They are managed by the same people and operate from both locations.

Here is their other name:

TimeShare Resale Williamsburg aka
GoodBuyTimeShare, LLC
1408 B Richmond Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185

In re-reading the orginal posting, pay particular attention to the words "Accept their offer close within 24 hours". Do you really think that all the clients they get can close a deeded ownership in 24 hours? What about timeshares that need to have back maintance fees owed, title problems, any one of who knows how many problems that could occur that could slow the processing down?

Went to their web site. The guarentee the orginal poster quoted is not refected on the page. The following is what the page states:

"Our Pledge
We pledge to help timeshare owners unburden themselves with properties that no longer bring their owners pleasure."

You might want to check out the following link.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149787

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Strange Is As Strange Does.

Very strange - you don't own a timeshare, yet you search out a timeshare forum, and use the search function to find a thread that is 18 mos. old to endorse an upfront fee company.
Might not be all that strange.

That is, this sort of thing crops up with such regularity that maybe there's a hornswogglers' handbook out there which includes instructions about placing bogus endorsements of these bamboozles on TUG-BBS & other internet hotbeds of timeshare discussion.

I mean, if it's on the internet, then it's got to be for real.

Right ?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought this point from the article was rather interesting:

"...he fraudulently conducted transfers of more than 1,000 timeshare units into the names of people whose identities were stolen."

Could this be a new twist on the Viking Ship scheme?:shrug:

freediverdude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does that Viking ship strategy really work? I'm not trying to get rid of my timeshare, but this kind of thing fascinates me, lol.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it's like breaking any law: it's only illegal if you get caught. Right now, a lot of resorts are privy to the viking ship scheme and taking steps to block fraudulent transfers.

And as for the situation for the person who's been arrested, well, I guess trying this scheme backfired.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does that Viking ship strategy really work? I'm not trying to get rid of my timeshare, but this kind of thing fascinates me, lol.

Yeah - in the same way that bank robbery "sometimes works."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score