• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New restrictions on existing AC's??

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two 45 day AC's in my account that were always previously grid free at less than 30 days. I know because I check daily and I have had these types of AC's for two years.

All of a sudden today they are not grid free until 14 days out. I know the grid free is probably unwritten but it seems lame for them to change the rules, written or not, on an existing AC.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please check their AC's and see if the grid drop off changed? For example many standard 1 year AC's were 59 days. Has the grid drop off changed or is it still the same as it was before?

I suspect II has changed the grid drop off on all AC's but I have nothing to confirm it.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Can someone please check their AC's and see if the grid drop off changed? For example many standard 1 year AC's were 59 days. Has the grid drop off changed or is it still the same as it was before?

I have an AC good for a year, and can still search for all destinations through 59 days, or September 13th. The results included quite a few with September 13 check-ins. So this AC has not changed. I got the AC for depositing a Trapp Lodge week back in June.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am annoyed. I am wondering if they are singling my account out or the change was on all the AC's of my specific type. It better be the latter.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I only have one ac that I received last month and it has been a 59 day grid /14 day grid less from the get-go.

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only ever received two types of ACs regarding browsing. Ones that view flex change inventory in open exchange within 59 days and ones that do not. The ones that do not have been useless to me (these were always restricted to the grid which meant that I couldn't ever browse flex change inventory or place requests for availability during that time). I've always managed to use the ones with the 59 day flex browse ability. I just checked and I can still browse with the 59 day flex AC I currently have.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
How can you check an AC to see if the grid drops off within either 59 or 14 days? Is there something special you do to override the grid popping up thereby allowing you to put in dates less than 59 days?

Or is it something that changes if the AC is 59 literally 59 and/or14 days prior to expiring? Does by any chance does it require the type of AC that allows for pacing a request?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently received an AC that *only* allows searching via the grid, as far as I can tell. I have no idea why II gave me this AC; it just popped up in my account.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out - my ACs are the same, but I had no idea the grid dropped off at 14 days for the highly restricted ones!

What I have:
AC for a deposit: Good for a year. Tied to a grid. But, the grid dropped at 59 days out. With that said, even when the grid drops, I believe it still doesn't show all inventory for LM weeks that are a big score.

4 ACs for purchase of getaways: Tied to a grid (that has less locations than the grid above). Can only search 59 days out only the grid. Just noticed (thanks to you) that the grid on these dropped at 14 days out. Good to know!!!!

You can check how the ACs are tied by playing with dates and searching
For example:
If I take my AC for deposit and search: today to Sept 14 - inventory pops up. If I put in today to Sept 15 the grid pops up.
If I take my AC for the getaway purchase: today to Aug 1st - inventory pops up. If Aug 2nd the grid pops up.

Last edited:

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread jack, but can someone with a 14 day grid drop AC check and see if 2br units at the Paniolo Greens on the big island of Hawaii show up for Aug 22-29? Mine has expired, and I would extend it if I could get that unit...

Thanks,
Chris

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC for a deposit: Good for a year. Tied to a grid. But, the grid dropped at 59 days out. With that said, even when the grid drops, I believe it still doesn't show all inventory for LM weeks that are a big score.

This is true for the open inventory leftovers, however, they do let you include anything you want within 59 days if you place an OGS request with this type of AC. I've had a lot of success doing this. Much more so than simply browsing open inventory. In fact, in some ways the AC I received for a 2BR deposit can end up having more trading power than my real 1BR deposit, because with the real deposit, I could not place an OGS for anything larger than 1BR... I can with the AC from a 2BR deposit.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread jack, but can someone with a 14 day grid drop AC check and see if 2br units at the Paniolo Greens on the big island of Hawaii show up for Aug 22-29? Mine has expired, and I would extend it if I could get that unit...

Thanks,
Chris

Code PGS- It's there!

Jul 25 2014 - Aug 01 2014

Aug 08 2014 - Aug 15 2014

Aug 15 2014 - Aug 22 2014

Aug 22 2014 - Aug 29 2014

Aug 29 2014 - Sep 05 2014

Sep 05 2014 - Sep 12 2014

Sep 12 2014 - Sep 19 2014

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Seaport104! I'll pay the $99 to extend and book it!

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Seaport104! I'll pay the $99 to extend and book it!

Just call them to extend and book at the same time so you know for sure you will get it. With an AC, it doesn't cost more to do it via phone as opposed to regular exchanges.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I have:

This is always true for any type of search. There are a handful of properties out there, like Marriott's Crystal Shores, that will not show even 1 week from check in unless you are using an extremely high powered deposit.

"Flex" inventory is just a label and has no real meaning beyond a "Flex" restricted deposit. For example there is generally no difference between the visibility of inventory at 61 days or 59 days. Trading power needed gradually decreases the closer you get to check-in. There is no magic visibility at 59 days.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wouldn't you have to wait until August 8 to see if it would be available for a 14 day drop off grid? As of today I can only search through July 30 and the only us location I can book is Arizona. I have seen more availability but right now that's it.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have to wait until August 8 to see if it would be available for a 14 day drop off grid? As of today I can only search through July 30 and the only us location I can book is Arizona. I have seen more availability but right now that's it.

This is a good point. It would be hard to check an Aug 22 right now with a 14 day no grid. I think the above reply may have used a 59 day no grid.

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I realized that afterwards. I'll have to wait and see, but if I recall correctly the AC only saw studios in Hawaii within the 14 day mark so I've gone from ignorant euphoria to cautiously pessimistic.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I realized that afterwards. I'll have to wait and see, but if I recall correctly the AC only saw studios in Hawaii within the 14 day mark so I've gone from ignorant euphoria to cautiously pessimistic.

Sometimes that's all there is unless you can confirm larger units exist by using another deposit to search.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
Thank you for explaining how to check to see if the grid falls off. I have an AC good for a year. This AC lets you put in dates and it seems grid falls off at 29 or 30 days out.

The free AC's interval recently gave out good through Feb 2015 don't allow for any input of dates, the grid just automatically comes up. I assume that means the grid never falls off?