• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone else waiting for AC offers before depositing?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have summer 2015 weeks ready for deposit but waiting for AC offers. Does anyone know when last year's offer came through ?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it was in September. I looked back at my emails and I received an offer on 9/11/13. It doesn't say for which range but I am pretty sure it was for summer weeks.

As you probably know not all resorts are eligible. It's usually entire systems that are excluded and not a quality filter.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it was in September. I looked back at my emails and I received an offer on 9/11/13. It doesn't say for which range but I am pretty sure it was for summer weeks.

As you probably know not all resorts are eligible. It's usually entire systems that are excluded and not a quality filter.

Thanks, Saintsfanfl. I received AC offers on all the resorts I have registered with II but with the earlier deposit dates for the offer so am hoping the offer it againf or the summer weeks.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I'm waiting also for an AC offer to deposit my summer 2015 week.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yay! Looks like the next round of AC offers for deposits with check in dates of April 23 to August 11 has come out :)

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had read that earlier today but when I called II this afternoon they said that there was nothing being offered to me. I am holding a June Ocean Pointe that we purchased resale last fall and I was hoping for an AC with the deposit. I'm not sure why we didn't qualify.

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hurray! I just noticed an AC offer yesterday for my Marriott Shadow Ridge week. It said I had until October 12 to make the deposit, but I went ahead and deposited yesterday.

I found the AC offer when I went to "my units", and then saw the little gift box/present. I was in a lengthly discussion with II earlier this summer about why wasn't I getting AC offers like I used to. That's when the woman told me I had just missed an AC offer, and that I needed to look in my II account and click to "My Units", and if I had an offer for an AC for my deposit, I would see a little present, or gift box. Oh. Well I wish they would have told me that sooner. I was always expecting something in the mail, or something in "My messages".

Anyways, finally saw a little gift box for the first time yesterday. Finally doing the happy dance! :banana:

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Renee, I have the same offer for my DSVII, what season do you own I'm white? How good was the AC and when was its expiration? I was going to reserve a October or November week but the AC might make my decision for me.

Ian

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ian,
I'm sorry, but I don't know what type of AC it is since it hasn't shown up in my account yet. Maybe my deposits are still being confirmed with Marriott since I just entered my confirmation numbers online. We own a platinum EOY which we had split, and I was only offered the AC for the 1-bedroom side, which is fine.

I gave them a great deposit - an early March 2015 week that coincides with the PNB Paribas Tennis Open in Indian Wells. I probably could have rented it for more, but we like our Marriott preference trades with Interval. Plus I will now have 3 weeks to use, instead of one. Even with a really bad AC grid, we can usually use the AC's to trade back into one of the Palm Desert Marriotts in a low-demand time, which is fine for us. Usually much cheaper than the Getaway prices these days.

If you want to know exactly what AC you would be getting for your deposit, you should call II and speak to a representative. They should be able to tell you.

-- Rene

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Have not yet had an AC offer for depositing our July 4 Waiohai week. Last year we received one after calling, but it was not the good kind with flexchange free to choose anything. That's the kind I'd want, as we have a couple of the grid type that are much harder to use for something we normally would actually book.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Not sure why I receive ACs but have had two in the last year. The first I couldn't use since there was nothing good available at a time I could travel. I noticed I had another AC just yesterday (no notice when it was added or why) and I just found a 2-bed at Marriott Shadow Ridge in October which I reserved. Glad to see they sometimes work.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I was waiting for an AC to deposit our Custom House for next year. I have not seen a single offer on any of our Marriott weeks. I guess I will keep the ones I have for now. I don't even know where the AC offer will appear.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We currently have the AC offer (for deposits by Oct 12) at the studio and 1-bdrm levels for our platinum Grande Vista and gold Surf Club weeks. We also got the offer for our silver 2-bdrm at OceanWatch. In all likelihood, we will take advantage of the offer with our smaller units, but probably not with the MOW week. Since we are retired, we can often find weeks even with a restrictive grid. :D

My question is, how long does it usually take for the ACs to post once the deposit is verified? Anyone know?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We currently have the AC offer (for deposits by Oct 12) at the studio and 1-bdrm levels for our platinum Grande Vista and gold Surf Club weeks. We also got the offer for our silver 2-bdrm at OceanWatch. In all likelihood, we will take advantage of the offer with our smaller units, but probably not with the MOW week. Since we are retired, we can often find weeks even with a restrictive grid. :D

My question is, how long does it usually take for the ACs to post once the deposit is verified? Anyone know?

It shows up a few days after your deposit shows up in your account