• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Current prices

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Yes the mf is the same as the regular 1br.

When you bought yours 1br how much did you pay?

Regards

I've bought two packages. One was $2,900 for 4,800 points (back in 2010 when prices were depressed) and one for $4,900 for 4,800 points (back in 2013 when prices were recovering).

I think $5,000 for 6,200 points -- with the same MFs -- is a great deal.

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Right of First Refusal? That means the resort can refuse your offer to sell to someone, but then they have to buy the week back from you?

That is correct. HGVC has ROFR at most, but not all of the resorts. Every transfer is presented to them for review, and if they decide to exercise their right, they purchase the unit for the agreed price.

Not really an issue for the seller as they get paid, but the buyer loses out on the purchase...

Kendall in Texas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some confirmed recent sale prices on low MF resorts (I don't know if they passed ROFR)

Seaworld__7000___$5,100__$0.73__2brP
Karen_____7000___$6,198__$0.89__2brP
I-Drive____4800___$3,300__$0.69__1brP
I-Drive____7000___$5,675__$0.81__2brP
Seaworld__7000___$6,500__$0.92__2brP
Vegas Strp 4800___$3,900__$0.81__1brP

These are the MF/taxes best I can gather for these resorts.
Resort_______MF/1brP__MF/Point____MF/2brP___Mf/Point
Vegas Strip___575______0.12 _______787______0.112
Vegas Karen__635______0.132_______888______0.127
Flamingo_____826______0.172_______1049_____0.15
Seaworld_________________________1060______0.154
Seaworld II 711______0.148_______995______0.142
I-Drive 815______0.169_______1161______0.166

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from the closing company, and the contract passed ROFR :whoopie:

Looking forward to completing the closing.

Regards

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Not gonna lie, a bit jealous. HGVC has until 9/9 to ROFR my purchase on Karen. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

What did you buy?

I got answer in approx 3 weeks time, so that is fairly good.

The wait is almost the worst ;)

Regards

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from the closing company, and the contract passed ROFR :whoopie:

Looking forward to completing the closing.

Regards

Congrats, now I wished I waited one year to purchase HGVC... Oh well, it seem they were ROFR'ing more often last year, that's just how the market works.

Great3

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, now I wished to waited one year to purchase HGVC... Oh well, it seem they were ROFR'ing more often last year, that's just how the market works.

Great3

Thanks

I feel I got a good deal, but I can't help thinking that in the current marked that I might could have gotten it even better. If I have waited I might not have gotten the interval and offered lower I already tried, so all in all its a good deal.

Hilton not ROFR'ering wont last forever so better take advantage of it sooner than later.

regards

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks

I feel I got a good deal, but I can't help thinking that in the current marked that I might could have gotten it even better. If I have waited I might not have gotten the interval and offered lower I already tried, so all in all its a good deal.

Hilton not ROFR'ering wont last forever so better take advantage of it sooner than later.

regards

Sometimes its best not to keep second guessing the options.. There is almost always better deal available later one, or on a different website... I think with Timeshares, if your happy with the purchase when you make then your good.. ..

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
Thanks

regards

You got a really good deal.

With the weak euro your Vilamoura week must also be giving you a great $/pt ratio. What are the maintenance fees there?

vincepecoraro

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR extremely rare and prices are going down

Here are some confirmed recent sale prices on low MF resorts (I don't know if they passed ROFR)

Seaworld__7000___$5,100__$0.73__2brP
Karen_____7000___$6,198__$0.89__2brP
I-Drive____4800___$3,300__$0.69__1brP
I-Drive____7000___$5,675__$0.81__2brP
Seaworld__7000___$6,500__$0.92__2brP
Vegas Strp 4800___$3,900__$0.81__1brP

These are the MF/taxes best I can gather for these resorts.
Resort_______MF/1brP__MF/Point____MF/2brP___Mf/Point
Vegas Strip___575______0.12 _______787______0.112
Vegas Karen__635______0.132_______888______0.127
Flamingo_____826______0.172_______1049_____0.15
Seaworld_________________________1060______0.154
Seaworld II 711______0.148_______995______0.142
I-Drive 815______0.169_______1161______0.166

I recently purchased 4800 at Kings Land platinum season for $1,850 all closing costs included. I didn't think it would pass ROFR, but it did last week. I also bought 7000 pts at the Flamingo for $5,500 all costs included. Both came from eBay. The 7000 pts was a second chance offer on the $5,600 sale that an earlier poster mentioned. According to this forum, Flamingo is the only HGVC that does not have ROFR, but the closing company said that Hilton still requires the time to twiddle its thumbs but ultimately doesn't execute ROFR on the Flamingo.

As far as I can tell, prices are going down, and ROFR is rarely used. I figured Hilton would for sure exercise its ROFR at the King's land property that I bought because I looked up the deed and it was originally purchased for $22,230 back in Oct of 2011. Less than four years later the property is worth less than a tenth of its original price? Hilton doesn't have the confidence that it can resell the same unit a few years later for somewhere remotely close to what it originally sold for? It is not that there is any such thing as a "new" timeshare unless you are the very first person to stay in a room.

I would be interested to hear any one that has actually had ROFR exercised on one of his/her sales in the last two years...

As a side note, this is my first post on for this community and as a TUG member. I joined prior to buying any of my (2) timeshares, and this community was extremely helpful to me in my decision making. I am so thankful for the advice and information that has been provided for the community to absorb. Thanks!

-- Vince

zenfloater

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 4,800 platinum seaworld 1br property for $2500 + closing costs.
$850 MF
I think it was a decent deal but not the best you can get out there.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
You got a really good deal.

With the weak euro your Vilamoura week must also be giving you a great $/pt ratio. What are the maintenance fees there?

I live in Denmark so i have to convert from DKK to EUR and that rate is almost fixed. I paid 691eur for 7000 pts. That is approx 751$ its not cheap but not expensive either.

Regards

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
I live in Denmark so i have to convert from DKK to EUR and that rate is almost fixed. I paid 691eur for 7000 pts. That is approx 751$ its not cheap but not expensive either.

Regards

that's not bad at all. I hope HGVC will add more resorts in Europe. I will be visiting vilamoura and borgo alle vigne next year.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate post

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
that's not bad at all. I hope HGVC will add more resorts in Europe. I will be visiting vilamoura and borgo alle vigne next year.

Yes that type of mf is doable. The Vilamoura resort is great, but the rooms are smaller than the hgvc rooms in the states.

I haven't stayed at the borgo resort in Italy but would really much like to.

I would recommend a car in Vilamoura and remember that the resort has free valet parking. Have you booked a 1 or 2 br in Vilamoura?

Regards.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes that type of mf is doable. The Vilamoura resort is great, but the rooms are smaller than the hgvc rooms in the states.

I haven't stayed at the borgo resort in Italy but would really much like to.

I would recommend a car in Vilamoura and remember that the resort has free valet parking. Have you booked a 1 or 2 br in Vilamoura?

Regards.

I've booked a 1br - will be renting a car from Lisbon and driving down to Vilamoura after a day in Evora. Traveling the week before easter and understand it may not be very warm, and would ideally like a unit with some afternoon sun on the terrace/balcony. Unfortunately there's not much information on this resort on TUG. Are the hgvc units in the buildings surrounding the smaller pool?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've booked a 1br - will be renting a car from Lisbon and driving down to Vilamoura after a day in Evora. Traveling the week before easter and understand it may not be very warm, and would ideally like a unit with some afternoon sun on the terrace/balcony. Unfortunately there's not much information on this resort on TUG. Are the hgvc units in the buildings surrounding the smaller pool?

I don't know actually.

Ours faced the big main pool. We had an end unit, though all buildings was connected but still some sort of end unit and our balcony did not have a rooftop as did most others, so we had great sun throughout the day.

If you can get a balcony without the roof and facing the "right" direction compared to the sun, then you would be all good.

When checkin approaches call the resort and ask for Nicole or Beate they are in charge of the club and may help assigning the right unit.

When you are there drive to "old town" and dine at fishermen beach most restaurants makes great food. I would not recommend dining in other parts of old town, I tend to call them "tourist traps" ;)

Old town it self is nice, but I don't know how much entertainment there would be at night around Easter.

Remember to visit the beaches some of them are really lovely.

Regards.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know actually.

Ours faced the big main pool. We had an end unit, though all buildings was connected but still some sort of end unit and our balcony did not have a rooftop as did most others, so we had great sun throughout the day.

If you can get a balcony without the roof and facing the "right" direction compared to the sun, then you would be all good.

When checkin approaches call the resort and ask for Nicole or Beate they are in charge of the club and may help assigning the right unit.

When you are there drive to "old town" and dine at fishermen beach most restaurants makes great food. I would not recommend dining in other parts of old town, I tend to call them "tourist traps" ;)

Old town it self is nice, but I don't know how much entertainment there would be at night around Easter.

Remember to visit the beaches some of them are really lovely.

Regards.

Thanks for the tips - I'll make sure to put in a request, and hope for a good assignment.

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
HHV Also?

In general time share prices seem to only go down. Even HHV goes down, but not as much unfortunately for those of us who only use Hgvc to stay in HHV. We would like to purchase more points but the only recourse for us is to sell our 1 bedroom and purchase a 2 bedroom for three or four times the amount for Nevada or Orlando re sales. To get a school vacation week in July or August or on a school vacation break at HHV you pretty much have to own the week. Other weeks / times at HHV maybe people could trade in right around the 276 day mark but HHV seems so tight that price depreciation / resale prices are in their own world.;) To get more at HHV to me the only recourse is to buy another week same unit with the Hawaii price premium, still smaller second hand but still relatively very high!

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
how to look up a deed

I recently purchased 4800 at Kings Land platinum season for $1,850 all closing costs included. I didn't think it would pass ROFR, but it did last week. I also bought 7000 pts at the Flamingo for $5,500 all costs included. Both came from eBay. The 7000 pts was a second chance offer on the $5,600 sale that an earlier poster mentioned. According to this forum, Flamingo is the only HGVC that does not have ROFR, but the closing company said that Hilton still requires the time to twiddle its thumbs but ultimately doesn't execute ROFR on the Flamingo.

As far as I can tell, prices are going down, and ROFR is rarely used. I figured Hilton would for sure exercise its ROFR at the King's land property that I bought because I looked up the deed and it was originally purchased for $22,230 back in Oct of 2011. Less than four years later the property is worth less than a tenth of its original price? Hilton doesn't have the confidence that it can resell the same unit a few years later for somewhere remotely close to what it originally sold for? It is not that there is any such thing as a "new" timeshare unless you are the very first person to stay in a room.

I would be interested to hear any one that has actually had ROFR exercised on one of his/her sales in the last two years...

As a side note, this is my first post on for this community and as a TUG member. I joined prior to buying any of my (2) timeshares, and this community was extremely helpful to me in my decision making. I am so thankful for the advice and information that has been provided for the community to absorb. Thanks!

-- Vince

How do you look up a deed? Just curious, do you get those documents when you are in the process of closing?

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
How do you look up a deed? Just curious, do you get those documents when you are in the process of closing?

The Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances has a site where you can look them up ... I found my Bay Club deed there, the same morning that the closing company had it recorded

https://boc.ehawaii.gov/docsearch/

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances has a site where you can look them up ... I found my Bay Club deed there, the same morning that the closing company had it recorded

https://boc.ehawaii.gov/docsearch/

I would kind of be interested to know how you can find out what the original buyer paid... but can't find a way to do that through that site... or am I missing something..