• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Purchase thread

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the idea from one of the other boards, and thought we needed that here as well.

The intention with this thread is to inform potential buyers and sellers of what prices HGVC was sold for in the past and present. But also which prices was too low to pass the ROFR. Potential buyers and sellers get better cards on their hands this way before making or accepting the initial offer.

Hopefully this thread will be made a sticky by an admin :D

I'm thinking the format should be: Tug-username - Price(including mf, closing and if any fees), points, short resort name, points included and use year(ODD, EVEN or ANNUAL) date it was sent to ROFR and later on when it passed or was taken.

The format is not set in stone, so if another way is better, please let me know and we can change it.

I will not list all HGVC properties, but only those that people actually post info about.

Since I am currently(as of this saturday) waiting for a response back regarding ROFR, I will use myself as an example:

Cyberc - 5785$, 6.200, The strip, 6.200/2015, 6.200/2016, 6.200/2017, Annual, sent 7/25

Please post your replies, so we can get this thread updated, with the latest and greatest info.

It would also be great if past buyers from 2015 could post their info.

To keep the thread current, please post an update when a contract passes or is taken by ROFR.

Resorts Passed ROFR :banana:

Resorts Taken by ROFR :bawl:

Wating for answer :ponder:

HGVC at the Las vegas Boulevard(The strip)

Cyberc - 5785$, 6.200, The strip, 6.200/2015, 6.200/2016, 6.200/2017, Annual, sent 7/25

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Nice idea, and good luck with your purchase.
But I doubt there'll be enuff participation to make it work.
Buying reports are usually from drive-by posters, not regulars.
<just my 2 cents>

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the tug website gives members the opportunity to report and track sales prices. . All members have access to the info and it is just a matter of participation.

As for ROFR, that is a whole other animal more subject to timing than anything else.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I'm pretty new, here, so I can't comment on the likelihood that people will report regularly, but...

...as someone who's lurking and studying and waiting for the right purchase on the resale market, I'd really love to know what the latest trends are re: ROFR.

I'm under the impression that Hilton is exercising ROFR less frequently right now. If the data bears that out, it could help me decide whether I should pounce on a bargain, or whether I'd be wasting my time.

So, I hope folks will post, here.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

thanks for your replies.

I hope that people will chime in and givet it a chance. As onenotesamba notes for those who is looking to buy, this will provide valuable info. But only if its updated.

regards

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the idea from one of the other boards, and thought we needed that here as well.

The intention with this thread is to inform potential buyers and sellers of what prices HGVC was sold for in the past and present. But also which prices was too low to pass the ROFR. Potential buyers and sellers get better cards on their hands this way before making or accepting the initial offer.

Hopefully this thread will be made a sticky by an admin :D

I'm thinking the format should be: Tug-username - Price(including mf, closing and if any fees), points, short resort name, points included and use year(ODD, EVEN or ANNUAL) date it was sent to ROFR and later on when it passed or was taken.

The format is not set in stone, so if another way is better, please let me know and we can change it.

I will not list all HGVC properties, but only those that people actually post info about.

Since I am currently(as of this saturday) waiting for a response back regarding ROFR, I will use myself as an example:

Please post your replies, so we can get this thread updated, with the latest and greatest info.

It would also be great if past buyers from 2015 could post their info.

To keep the thread current, please post an update when a contract passes or is taken by ROFR.

Resorts Passed ROFR :banana:

Resorts Taken by ROFR :bawl:

Wating for answer :ponder:

HGVC at the Las vegas Boulevard(The strip)

I opted to break down the resale numbers, only because I don't think it's a fair comparison to include the MF in the total number because not everyone who buys resale opts to reimburse the seller for the MF.

And lots of places calculate MF differently. I know some brokers that list just the tax portion, and also there's the Hilton fee, which if you own multiple contracts, is only paid on one of the contracts.

hurnik - $3200 (cost) plus $899 Closing, plus $582 MF reimbursement, 3400 points, LV Strip, 3400 points included (due to MF reimbursement), Annual, 11/11. Pass ROFR (don't recall the date).

hurnik - $2500 (cost) plus $625 closing, plus $399 HGVC Transfer fee, plus $787.35 MF reimbursement, 5000 points LV Strip, 5000 points included (due to MF reimbursement), signed 6/25/15, passed ROFR around 7/13/15

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope people participate. I would have appreciated the information last fall when we were buying our first timeshare.

We have found the Disney ROFR at Disboards to be very informative.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to locate the edit buttom for my initial post, but I can't seem to find it.

The edit buttom for this post is just at the bottom, but that dosen't go for my initial post.

help anyone :)

regards

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm trying to locate the edit buttom for my initial post, but I can't seem to find it.

You lose the ability to edit a message after a little time (48 hours?) has passed.

For my purchase activity:

Jan 2014 - Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon Tower, 2BR Premier -- Platinum EOY (Odd), passed ROFR at $12,500. Closing fees were estimated at $895, not sure what final fees were.

Mar 2015 - Flamingo -- 2BR Platinum Annual, bought it for $6,000, plus $900 in closing costs/transfer fees. No ROFR as Flamingo doesn't have ROFR.

Best,

Greg

jlm77

Reaction score
$4,500/ 7,000 Points Annually @Parc Soleil/ Sent in July 27/ Passed October 12th.

Transfer Fees were covered by the seller. :banana:

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
$4,500/ 7,000 Points Annually @Parc Soleil/ Sent in July 27/ Passed October 12th.

Nice purchase! Enjoy :) That's significantly less than I paid for my 7000 point HGVC International Drive just 12 months ago.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wonder why your ROFR took so long. It thought not hearing at 30 days meant that Hilton would not excercise its RFOR (waive it). :ponder:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Also, awesome price. What are your projected MF?

jlm77

Reaction score
I'm not sure why it took so long. I called and asked for a status update on 9/1. They resubmitted on 9/22, so I don't know if it was Hilton or the transfer company that caused the delay. Passed yesterday and the deed was recorded today.

Its Platinum with 7000 points: MF are 1350

I also have a Gold 3400 at Tuscany that I purchased in 2005. So I'm looking forward to having at least 2 weeks at the 5000 point level. If I do that, I'm not sure what to do with the odd 400 points per year.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it took so long. I called and asked for a status update on 9/1. They resubmitted on 9/22, so I don't know if it was Hilton or the transfer company that caused the delay. Passed yesterday and the deed was recorded today.

Its Platinum with 7000 points: MF are 1350

I also have a Gold 3400 at Tuscany that I purchased in 2005. So I'm looking forward to having at least 2 weeks at the 5000 point level. If I do that, I'm not sure what to do with the odd 400 points per year.

Why was it resubmitted? I guess my assumption that not hearing from HGVC at 30 days means deafacto waiver is incorrect.

So, is a written confirmation of the ROFR waiver a closing requirement?:shrug:

jlm77

Reaction score
Not sure the reason for the resubmit. I called the transfer company after 30 days, hoping that the time had expired and that they forfeited their ROFR. The transfer company said they had to resubmit and it could take up to another 30 days. I think something got lost in the process, but I don't know who to blame. It passed and I think I got a good price, so I'm looking forward to more vacations.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure the reason for the resubmit. I called the transfer company after 30 days, hoping that the time had expired and that they forfeited their ROFR. The transfer company said they had to resubmit and it could take up to another 30 days. I think something got lost in the process, but I don't know who to blame. It passed and I think I got a good price, so I'm looking forward to more vacations.

You are right, it passed and that's what matters.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we actually have an existing place for this already, its the price history tab located on every resort review page.

you can enter in all of this information, including in the details if it passed ROFR or not. this information is easily entered and viewed in a friendly format for each and every resort (not just hilton ones).

Id urge you to enter this data there as its far easier to reference for anyone interested in that particular resort.

that said, you are welcome to continue to post the information here on the forums as well!

here is the link to insert your data directly for that HGVC boulevard resale

http://tug2.com/ResortPriceHistory....b+on+the+Boulevard+(las+vegas+strip)&ID=13065

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I see someone was busy over the weekend =)