• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it really hard to get "Hotel Room"category in Aulani in Aug

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
Is it really that hard to get just "hotel room" category in Aulani in Aug? Been looking on websites and to get 2 nights in Aug and the only thing coming up are the villas ocean view and they are the most expensive ones. I also went to some site to rent owners points but no inventory there either for Aug for Hotel Room category. I dont need a huge room. We'll be in Oahu for 2 weeks, already have hotel room in Waikiki and some days staying with family and thought I can squeeze in 2 days at Aulani so my kids can try it... I guess if I can't find one, we'll have to try Turtle Bay Resort.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
People make their reservations for Aulani very early to get the cheapest rates, and the least expensive units go first - it's just too late in the year.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hotel room categories for dvc at aulani go quick becauae they are cheap points wise. I waited and booked a week after the 11 month window opened for owners at aulani and hotel rooms were all gone. Usually the lowest point categories go first. Also i believe there are only 5 to 8 rooms in the hotel category.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a cursory check of availability for August and September. There are only a few isolated dates with studio or hotel openings.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks everyone. I just booked at Turtle Bay for a couple of days just in case I never find one at Disney Aulani... which is not looking good at this time so i guess we'll spend that couple days at Turtle with hubby golfing. :rofl:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
thanks everyone. I just booked at Turtle Bay for a couple of days just in case I never find one at Disney Aulani... which is not looking good at this time so i guess we'll spend that couple days at Turtle with hubby golfing. :rofl:

Why not try Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club? It is a lovely resort and just a short walk from Aulani. You could check out Aulani while there.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not try Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club? It is a lovely resort and just a short walk from Aulani. You could check out Aulani while there.

Hi Bobaboy - cuz my fist use for the one I just purchased is 2017... And we most likely will stay Marriott KoÓlina next year too but I just wanted the kids to try Aulani for just 2 days to enjoy their pools and other amenities they have.. And since I couldn't get one, i booked 2 days at Turtle Bay Resort instead... It's not Disney but they can enjoy the snorkeling and hubby can enjoy golfing up in North Shore as well.

lawboy2001

Reaction score
Is it really that hard to get just "hotel room" category in Aulani in Aug? Been looking on websites and to get 2 nights in Aug and the only thing coming up are the villas ocean view and they are the most expensive ones. I also went to some site to rent owners points but no inventory there either for Aug for Hotel Room category. I dont need a huge room. We'll be in Oahu for 2 weeks, already have hotel room in Waikiki and some days staying with family and thought I can squeeze in 2 days at Aulani so my kids can try it... I guess if I can't find one, we'll have to try Turtle Bay Resort.

You'll need to own at Aulani to get to book the 'hotel room' DVC rooms. There are only a few of them, so they are scooped up 11 months before check in.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in May (off season!), we booked a few one-night stays at Aulani (for two days of resort access), and hotel room availability was pretty much non-existent. Studio availability was very tight, and most of the studios available were the higher points ones (ocean view). There was a good amount of 1BR and 2BR availability, but that was more points than we wanted to use. We ended up getting studios, but didn't have many dates to choose from. If we had been booking multi-day stays, I'm not sure there would have been ANY to choose from.

Availability does change, so check it regularly.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
I agree with everyone else. We assume you do mean THIS August….as in "now"???

It doesn't look like from your signature you own at DVC. As said owners will get first shot, Aulani owners at 11 mod, the rest of us DVC members at 7 months. At many DVC locations the least expensive (on points) rooms/villas go super fast for 2 reasons: 1) they're CHEAPER, 2) there are so, so few of that category.

I hope things work for you to stay at Aulani. I think it's the most amazing resort Disney as a whole has built anywhere. It's a very special place. Good luck!