• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OKW: building request

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to put in a request for a specific building(s) at Old Key West?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, call MS. Just keep your requests simple. The more you request, the harder it is for them to guess what is most important to you, and therefore more likely that you'll be disappointed.

Here's a link to a map of OKW: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

Just be aware that you will NOT be able to get Hospitality House area buildings. Those are a separate booking category reserved for DVC members only. I believe the HH category is Bldgs 11-14 and 23-26. If that is not accurate, someone please correct.

When we visited last December, we asked for and got Bldg 45 with a perfect view of the canal.

Good luck and enjoy OKW!

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure if I should call MS or the front desk at Old Key West.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either one will work. I called MS because the resort doesn't actually have the reservation until a week or so prior to your arrival.

I frankly don't know whether placing a request earlier helps or hurts, but I didn't want to leave it to the last minute and then forget to call.

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
I filled out our preferences when it was time for the Disney online check-in, which I'm not sure does much. On our trip in November, the desk was more than willing to let us pick which building we wanted to be in (based on open units). Just ask when you check-in.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I filled out our preferences when it was time for the Disney online check-in, which I'm not sure does much. On our trip in November, the desk was more than willing to let us pick which building we wanted to be in (based on open units). Just ask when you check-in.
That works sometimes. My experience, however, has been that asking at checkin is the least successful strategy.

Often, nothing works -- but waiting until checkin guarantees that your only options will be whatever is available. Some CMs try hard to help, others not so much. I've honestly only had luck with that when asking for VERY simple preferences, like "not first floor."

But it never hurts to ask at checkin if you didn't make any requests previously.