• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone at Ko Olina check out Aulani yet?

sbeck22

Reaction score
How is it now that the Disney property has opened? What are the effects to the lagoons etc? Maybe it is a bit early to tell he effect on us. Does it seem more crowded?

Did anyone attend the opening if you could or go on-site yet?

http://www.kitv.com/r/29016758/detail.html

I hadn't heard about the firings of the Disney Exec's about NOT charging enough for their TS's.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

mkahanek

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am here at Ko Olina now. Aulani opened for business at nine this morning. Haven't really noticed a difference down at this end. They did hold what appeared to be a social event for the employees on Saturday night. I happened to walk by when what I can only assume was a Disney executive was giving a speech to the "troops"

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Disney's Aulani had its opening on August 29 (but not yet its Grand Opening). This morning, I published 22 photos and some information about the opening:

Link to Aulani Opens!

Because Aulani is up at Lagoon 1 with the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort, it really should not have any effect on Lagoons 3 and 4 where Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club is located.

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
My friends were at Lagoon 1 (in front of Aulani) yesterday and it didn't appear much more crowded than normal (which isn't crowded). Though keep in mind only Phase 1 is open now.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Yes, Disney's Aulani had its opening on August 29 (but not yet its Grand Opening). This morning, I published 22 photos and some information about the opening.
Thanks Werner. I think Disney should give you a free week at Aulani for the incredible job you have done with highlighting the Aulani developments (and many other Disney topics). May I assume that the Yesterland website is your day job?

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Werner. I think Disney should give you a free week at Aulani for the incredible job you have done with highlighting the Aulani developments (and many other Disney topics). May I assume that the Yesterland website is your day job?
Thank you! I like the way you think. In reality, I don't get anything for free from Disney Parks & Resorts.

Yesterland earns revenue from advertising, and I pay taxes on my earnings. So, in that regard, it's a business. But if I compare the time I put into the site to what i earn, it's more accurate to call it a hobby with a positive cash flow.

I'd rather think of it as a successful hobby than an unsuccessful business.

taffy19

Reaction score
Your photos are beautiful and so much nicer than what I saw yesterday in some of the links. I am glad you were there to see it all and hope that you will be there for the Grand Opening too and enjoy the occasion. :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Werner,

Great article and website!

There's a little typo in the article. In the paragraph under the lazy river photo, decided is spelled incorrectly.

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Mark. I think with those prices, I would be more inclined to stay at MVCI and book dinner at AMA AMA instead. We did wonder about a split visit between the two, but I am not sure if I will bother.

Sounds like they are having major teething problems with their payment systems and a lack of capacity in the restaurants too.