• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Harborside now

blondietink

Reaction score
First impressions: checked in Saturday and got placed in building 4, 3rd floor, 2 bedroom villa. Could not get into our villa until after 4:30. Villa needs some refurb .... worn carpets, some dents and scratches. Only have one chair for eating at the counter. Bed is as hard as a rock. Definitely not a heavenly bed. Staff is very friendly here and at Atlantis. Neither resort is very handicap friendly. Lots of stairs, lack of curb cuts, hidden signs for elevators and they are out of the way. We have had to walk 3 times as much as we should looking for handicapped entrances.

Sandra taxi service was good, although we got somewhat scolded for taking 40 minutes to grocery shop when the email said we had an hour. Driver said we had only 20 minutes after we got back in the van. Huh?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Sandra's taxi service is highly overrated on this forum. I'll be interested in hearing your reviews of the water activities and the restaurants. Hopefully you are not one of those who chose to sneak all your food in through customs and eat in every night. There are so many nice places there, even if they are expensive.

blondietink

Reaction score
So far it seems the pools and water activities are open until 7 pm. Several restaurants have been closed when we walked by including Carmines which had been recommended to us. The blue pool is closed and drained of all water. Both lazy river and Rapids river are open. The Rapids river still has a different entrance and exit.
Building 6 here at Harborside is fenced off for refirb.

blondietink

Reaction score
Still haven't figured out how we got stuck in building 4 with a Saturday check-in. Today (Sunday, normal building 4 check-in day) was a nightmare just trying to get into our villa with all the cleaning and laundry carts in the halls and elevators.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They are taking partial and full buildings out of the rotation due to renovations over the next year. The memo even mentioned that owners of phase 1 booking their deeded week may be placed in phase 2 (and vice versa -phase 2 owners may be placed in phase 1 buildings) during the next year and along with that the normal check in days for buildings may not apply.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Truer words have never been spoken!

In what sense, as in the service is bad or just not as good that it deserves a recommendation? Just curious, I was going to try her service next time.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Taxi

What did they charge you for the taxi?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
In what sense, as in the service is bad or just not as good that it deserves a recommendation? Just curious, I was going to try her service next time.

I'm not saying the service is bad; it just hasn't been particularly good, either (in my experience). There seem to be plenty of recent anecdotes on this board to support the notion that the service is mediocre at best. My family just started visiting Harborside a few years ago, though, so it's possible that at one time the service was more noteworthy. My guess is that the good reputation led to an expansion of the business and a corresponding deterioration in service.

blondietink

Reaction score
What did they charge you for the taxi?

$45 each way. There are 4 of us. Since we had never been to Nassau except on as cruise ship I wasn't comfortable using a regular taxi at the airport. We always book in advance when we go to Laguna Mar in Mexico with USA Transfers.

tyatnu82

Reaction score
We were at Haborside from 9/3-9/10, after reading many reviews my expectations were low. However, after spending a week there, my expectations were exceeded. Yes, there are things that need to be updated, but the room size and functionality (2 bedroom lock-off) was great for our family of 4 plus 2 grandparents. I thought the Harborside pool was great, not busy and decent food and drinks. One complaint would be how small the gym was at Horborside, the week we were there was very slow and the gym was still congested, I can't imagine trying to work out there during busy season.

Atlantis was great too, most of the restaurants were open or open for part of the week we were there. The BBQ place was awesome, but they said we were lucky we came the night we did because they were going to shut it down for a few weeks during slow season.

I think most of the activities were open at Atlantis too, can't remember anything being closed that we wanted to do. When we ventured over to the Atlantis we rented a cabana at the pool near the Cover, I think it is called the Bath Colinade? That pool does need a renovation, it had many spots were the concrete was all roughed up. We liked this location at Atlantis because it seemed to be the quietest area, which we needed since we we have a 7 month old who needed to take her naps through out the day. Also, this location was right next to the beach which was nice.

All in all, it was a great trip. Probably the only downside to Atlantis is how expensive everything is. We went to convenient store across the street near the Dunkin Donuts to buy water, a case of Desani water was around $35 and mixed drinks at Atlantis were around $15-$20, luckily we bought some alcohol at the duty free shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I'm not saying the service is bad; it just hasn't been particularly good, either (in my experience). There seem to be plenty of recent anecdotes on this board to support the notion that the service is mediocre at best. My family just started visiting Harborside a few years ago, though, so it's possible that at one time the service was more noteworthy. My guess is that the good reputation led to an expansion of the business and a corresponding deterioration in service.

That's also been my experience. I don't get why so many people rave about Sandra's when it is just the same service. Some of the taxis are junky cars, but I started using the husband of one of the girls at the front desk of the resort who drives us in either an escalade or town car. He even turns on the A/C

blondietink

Reaction score
So today, after walking 5786 steps to find the accessible way into the Colonnade pool, we found out it was closed. Ugh! We went to the royal baths pool, lazy river and River pool.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I hate it when we go there and some of our favorite restaurants are closed. Happens all the time!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate it when we go there and some of our favorite restaurants are closed. Happens all the time!

Do you usually go in low season?

blondietink

Reaction score
Anybody know which Domino's pizza location is the one that delivers to Harborside/Atlantis?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

blondietink

Reaction score
I have done delivery from Domino's Harbor Bay
(242)393-8300

Thanks. We ordered the special tonight. Delivery was $1.00.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your informative post, Barb. I just sent you an email asking if you have any tips for wheelchair users.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree......but my two times using her service were absolute fails.

I no longer pre-arrange transfers from the airport. There are a ton waiting there and you can negotiate additional stops, if you need to make them.

We have received much better service since we changed away from pre-arranging taxi service.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I had excellent service from Sandra's, but I agree that it's not really necessary. If I were to book at all, it'd be when I arrived and pre-arranged for a grocery stop. No need to wait for them to take you to the airport, especially when you may be up and ready to go a half hour prior to their scheduled pick up time.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Just got picked up by Wesley who is Sandra's son and as usual polite, car clean my friend with me has never been here and asked lots of questions and he was very helpful! I have used Sandra for 12+ years and always found the service great
My friend also cannot get over how friendly the staff is and even recognized me by name -- at places other than front desk
Not here long so do t plan owners meeting but due to delays just finishing 8 units in building 1 and will finish others later

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
That's also been my experience. I don't get why so many people rave about Sandra's when it is just the same service. Some of the taxis are junky cars, but I started using the husband of one of the girls at the front desk of the resort who drives us in either an escalade or town car. He even turns on the A/C

Would you be kind enough to provide a contact for the driver you have been using. We would like a change from Sandra too. Thanks!