• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Tower to Request at Bonnett Creek and RCI exhcange question?

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have an exchange into a two bedroom coming up. I'd like quiet with a good view, and if possible, not a hike to a nice pool. Suggestions for the best tower to request?

One other question: When I called Bonnet Creek two weeks ago, they had no record yet of our arrival in two months - although the exchange was made several months ago. Because of this, I couldn't have made a Tower request even if I had been ready to do so. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to put exchangers into the system? (RCI claims they send over the exchange info as soon as the exchange is made, and if they don't have it, it's a Wyndham issue.)

Thanks!!

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer tower 6, this is the newest tower and was recently refurbished. Tower 5 and 4 are also nice and close to the pool n lazy river. Some units have a fireworks view, but usually not a pool view.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a compact resort; it really doesn't matter where you stay in terms of access to amenities. They've also refurbished all towers relatively recently, so age is less of a factor, though the newest towers were the most recent to be done. There was also a time when the resort simply would not take requests from anyone but VIP owners who are allowed to book specific rooms in advance of check-in, and even some of those complained that they were moved. Not sure if that's still in force or not.

That said, if they will accept a request, I'd ask for high floor, north-facing, but any building. That gives you a shot at seeing the high shells from Illuminations.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like morning sun on the balcony, so we request a high floor lagoon view in tower 4. You can watch the fireworks from the elevator lobby on a high floor if you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I personally prefer tower 6, this is the newest tower and was recently refurbished. Tower 5 and 4 are also nice and close to the pool n lazy river. Some units have a fireworks view, but usually not a pool view.

I agree that Tower 6 is the primo location. Three great pool complexes in a row at Tower 5, Tower 6, and the Wyndham Grand hotel. Indoor and poolside restaurants in the hotel nail it.

Personally, I think a view of the fireworks gets more attention than it deserves. I've seen New Year's Eve fireworks from Tower 6 and thought them underwhelming. Fireworks at Disney parks are best seen at Disney parks.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
For me, I just prefer a lake view over a parking lot view. I agree that a view of the fireworks is totally underwhelming.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed Tower 4 when we stayed there. It's right between the main pool and the Tower 5 pool, both with very nice lazy rivers. We had a lake-view 2 bedroom on the top floor, and we also prefer that to views of very distant fireworks.

The pool at Tower 4 is the only "adult" pool and they have live entertainment occasionally at the poolside bar there. There is also a large, and very nice BBQ area at Tower 4 (and several other locations) with great large gas grills, tables etc.

The only downside to Tower 4 is limited parking, but we never had any problem finding parking in the parking garage between 4 & 5.

But I think anywhere is fine. As Brian said, it's a compact resort and everything is within a reasonable walk.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
tower 6

Just stayed in Tower Six. Ask for a parking lot view if you want a view of the fireworks. It is a great view of both Epcot and Magic Kingdom. The higher you are the better the view.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think a view of the fireworks gets more attention than it deserves. I've seen New Year's Eve fireworks from Tower 6 and thought them underwhelming. Fireworks at Disney parks are best seen at Disney parks.

I agree with you on this. Just returned from Bonnet Creek. Was able to get into the Presidential Reserve Lounge (it took some doing, since it was locked up and you needed a card to get in there) on the 17th floor of the Tower 6, and Epcot was pretty lame from a distance. I liked Disney Hollywood Studios better (8 pm).