• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Received survey from Disney after staying at OKW

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone completed a Disney survey recently? We stayed at OKW and loved it. We were so happy with the stay that when I receive the link for a survey I thought no problem, I will do it.

I could not believe how long it is. I saved my progress after 27%. Has anyone completed one? Is the progress bar a good measure of progress? There must be a 100 questions if it is.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not from Disney, but I did a similar one from Amazon. After answering questions for 20 mins, I simply gave up. I think these companies need to rethink their strategy, I don't know who has the time to take such long surveys.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently completed one for Boardwalk Villas. I also thought it was very long but I wanted to let them know my stay had many problems.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a related story.................... I got a lengthy one from Amtrak. "War and Peace" was shorter.

Although I love train travel, Amtrak has to do something about the bathrooms on their long-haul trains.

I let them know and did not pull any punches. Hope they had Kevlar gloves on.

-

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't bother unless I am getting a discount or freebie out of it

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I refuse to spend much time doing a survey .. they should approach this as GREAT, OKAY or SO BAD I MUST WRITE 5 PAGES....

As for some places, one must be inventive. I just got back from another FUN TRIP to Walmart ... (NOT!) I was left to wait at the Paint Counter by their employee ... I have been to this Walmart store MANY times for paint ... that is at the far back left rear corner ... far, far, far away. Near the restrooms. And they put a computer there for their employees to "check in" (clock in) for work. REALLY annoying as you come to believe ANY of those people could HELP you, but no, they are just clocking into work and never answer or try to help you. Not their department. Today's new twist was, an outside technician was working (cleaning via a stripping apart) the paint mixer. I stood there and READ the checkin screen - seems there is a ASK A QUESTION button ... seems when it asks for an employee number, it accepts ANY NUMBER and processes the comment. I enter 20+ differing complaints about lack of service in the paint department ... as I typed I would comment verbally to the outside tech worker. He was totally amused ( grinning ) - I think he felt ignored by the Walmart employees also ...

So, those computers around the Walmart stores are NOT password protected. The TOP LEFT HAND corner is a BUTTON for QUESTIONS ...

TYPE AWAY ... customer service is SO BAD at WALMART ... customers are so ignored ... let the great computer rat out the poor stores .....

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
In a related story.................... I got a lengthy one from Amtrak. "War and Peace" was shorter.

Although I love train travel, Amtrak has to do something about the bathrooms on their long-haul trains.

I let them know and did not pull any punches. Hope they had Kevlar gloves on.

-
You are not kidding. We went from NYC to DC in May. I was shocked by the conditions of the rest room in our car by the end of the trip. I have friends who are going from San Diego to Portland on Amtrak next month. I didn't have the heart to tell them that the bathrooms will be pretty bad. I think its a 33 hour trip.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are not kidding. We went from NYC to DC in May. I was shocked by the conditions of the rest room in our car by the end of the trip. I have friends who are going from San Diego to Portland on Amtrak next month. I didn't have the heart to tell them that the bathrooms will be pretty bad. I think its a 33 hour trip.

If you have your own bedroom or roomette, it's okay - even with the odd placement of the toilet/sink combo in the roomette. Very strange, but at least it's "yours only" for the trip.

If you're just riding in a coach car, standard or business, it's not good on long trips. I did a R /T from Boston to Norfolk recently - coach down and business on return. Have to say that even the business car looked sad after 13 hours, but better than coach.

Acela bathrooms are a bit nicer as they tend to be newer and I think, less ridden, due to the costs.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
If you have your own bedroom or roomette, it's okay - even with the odd placement of the toilet/sink combo in the roomette. Very strange, but at least it's "yours only" for the trip.

If you're just riding in a coach car, standard or business, it's not good on long trips. I did a R /T from Boston to Norfolk recently - coach down and business on return. Have to say that even the business car looked sad after 13 hours, but better than coach.

Acela bathrooms are a bit nicer as they tend to be newer and I think, less ridden, due to the costs.

They did not book a private room.:(

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
The DVC survey is long and sadlyI must say I don't have much going on and have completed it a few times. Many times just to recognize great employees. But then I decided just to write a letter.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have taken the Autotrain was (sleeper) so no bathroom issues but have taken Amtrak a few times (to Jupiter & Kissimmee). I had written them a letter. If it weren't for the bathrooms, I would say it's great but not happy with them. I go prepared with gloves, mask and spray but sometimes that is not enough!!!!

I also lose interest when the surveys are too long. Have a comment section with a limited number of characters so people don't get carried away.