• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rescission process

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggest adding the line, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover." to the rescission letter. Then send it by cheapest means (slow boat, pack mule, smoke signals) to the sales office most convenient to you.

Jim

dsakholli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did include a line stating that the promotion materials would be mailed to purchase location under separate cover. I also sent 2 certified letters, with return receipt. Hopefully, this is the end of it.

dsakholli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it even possible to cancel the contract at the place of purchase? I understood they aren't authorized to process the refund but can they accept the cancellation? I have sent 2 separate cancellation/rescission letters via certified mail. I am just worried that something could go wrong and lose our window to cancel. I am a bit of a worrier but I do not want to take any chances.

I may send a third tomorrow just to prevent any issues. I have had problems with our post office meeting overnight deadlines so my faith in the postal service isn't very good. Third ones a charm, right?

I checked the tracking online and it shows the estimated delivery date of Saturday, which means they won't get it until Monday at the earliest. Perhaps an overnight letter? But I don't have a phone number...grr!!

Oh, the stress and uncertainty!!!!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is the proof of mailing (thus the certified mail) that is important not the date it is received. No point of overnighting it. You have to be able to prove the date of mailing.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dsakholli, RELAX! You've done well beyond what needed to be done. Should they get all crappy, which they won't, you have proof of the mailing and the content of the letters, which would pass for proof of your intent to rescind.

If this was Wastegate, or Mayan, or one of the other Mexican TS deadbeat outfits, you would have reason to woot, buy you don't. Cool your jets, do some reading about the various systems - they're all different. It might be that BG is not the best system for you. Only you can decide.

Jim

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calm down, don't visit --- and stay off the phone on this...

Is it even possible to cancel the contract at the place of purchase? I understood they aren't authorized to process the refund but can they accept the cancellation? I have sent 2 separate cancellation/rescission letters via certified mail. I am just worried that something could go wrong and lose our window to cancel. I am a bit of a worrier but I do not want to take any chances.

I may send a third tomorrow just to prevent any issues. I have had problems with our post office meeting overnight deadlines so my faith in the postal service isn't very good. Third ones a charm, right?

I checked the tracking online and it shows the estimated delivery date of Saturday, which means they won't get it until Monday at the earliest. Perhaps an overnight letter? But I don't have a phone number...grr!!

Oh, the stress and uncertainty!!!!

You need to take a deep breath and relax. Review (and if necessary repeat to yourself) the following indisputable facts:

1. The right to rescind is one which is provided to you by state law. The developer has no other option other than to acknowledge and process your cancellation, just as long as your letter of rescission is postmarked (see your counter-issued USPS certified mail receipt for actual postmark date) within the state law deadline.
The date of subsequent receipt by the developer of your written rescission notice is unimportant and irrelevant; the postmark date of your notice is what matters.

2. Phone calls are completely meaningless on a written contract matter, legally speaking. This includes anything and everything relating to your rescission.
You should not have any phone (or in-person) conversations with these people anyhow --- NONE! Any such conversation(s) will just turn into a desperate "salvage this sale" effort by the hungry (and now disappointed) sales weasels who see their commission rapidly disappearing. You're now done communicating with these people.

You've undertaken the necessary and appropriate action to rescind, so don't get in your own way now and trip yourself and / or get stressed out. Let the applicable law go to work for you and be patient about the return of your deposit; said refund could conceivably take up to 45 days (but will more likely occur within 3-4 weeks).

P.S. The developer is not under any obligation to contact you to "verify" or "confirm" anything regarding your rescission. Their one and only obligation at this point is to process your cancellation and issue a full refund of your deposit --- no more, no less. They might send you a letter acknowledging your rescission, but they are under no legal obligation to do so. In any event, don't answer any phone calls from them; your rescission must be processed. They have no other choice; it's the law.

Last edited:

dsakholli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo, thank you! I feel so much better and will do as you say. I will trust the process and let it go because I have sent the paperwork and because of this site and another, have saved a LOT of money!!!

dsakholli

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the promotional materials are not returned, for whatever reason, can this prevent the contract from being cancelled?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. But they can charge you for them. $50 is pretty common. More than it's worth, but barely enough to make shipping it worthwhile.

dsakholli

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, great! I am planning to send it back but haven't been able to put it all together yet. Our purchase included a "bluegreen loaded device" so I definitely want to send everything back. It's a Samsung galaxy tablet 3. Certainly not worth their retail value of $435.58 they listed. It will go in the mail tomorrow and then I will be FREE!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
just like most newbies, i purchased a timeshare from bluegreen vacations before learning of this website. i am in the

1. which one really stands? the 5 business or 5 calendar days?

2. reading from other forums, they say not to send to sales dept but my contract says that it should be sent to: attn: corporate sales accounting dept. I am afraid not to send it there as i have to follow it to a T. should i mail extra copies elsewhere?

3. If i use certified mail with receipt and they refuse to accept the mail? what happens?

thanks for responses in advance

Edit....,.,I answered the wrong p0st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
OK, great! I am planning to send it back but haven't been able to put it all together yet. Our purchase included a "bluegreen loaded device" so I definitely want to send everything back. It's a Samsung galaxy tablet 3. Certainly not worth their retail value of $435.58 they listed. It will go in the mail tomorrow and then I will be FREE!

And then you will be done !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk