• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How much is too much??? [Grandview at Las Vegas]

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah! It took 15 days for them to send it in and get it transferred to our name.... Now comes the grind.,,,, RCI..........

Really, RCI takes that long? You'd think they'd want your money as soon as they could get their hands on it! Congratulations on your new points timeshare!!!

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
:cheer:
Really, RCI takes that long? You'd think they'd want your money as soon as they could get their hands on it! Congratulations on your new points timeshare!!!

Yeh, I think they probably deposit the 100 in the bank right away.... But it takes weeks for them then to do the paperwork... In the past I would call twice a week, for probably a month, And nothing, I can't wait though to see all those points for next year in our account....

Dave :banana: I love time sharing.......

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I already backed on one deal with this seller when thought a two bedroom Marriott was a lockoff and it wasn't. He was very very gracious about that mistake and I don't want to do it again. I like him. I made the deal I am going to honor it.

If you really want to you can back out of it. eBay auctions for real estate are nonbinding.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-binding-bid.html
So you can contact the seller and explain that you didn't really want to pay that much and give him another number. Be willing to walk away from the deal if you go that route but you might also get to buy at your lower offer. It's worth a try, IMO. Just keep in mind that if you bargain-hunt you might make enemies. People don't like selling things for less than they think it's worth.

In the future, remember you can negotiate before the auction too. I bought my Carlsbad Inn week by simply offering the ebay seller what I wanted to pay. He accepted and we had a deal - no auction. No need to snipe or worry about other bidders, just swooped in there before it got hot.

I emailed the seller and explained the situation. I told him my auction was bid up by an inexperienced buyer. I told him I paid $1800 too much but I respected him as a seller and therefore I am going ahead with the deal.
What I asked for:
Given the nature of the up bidding I asked for $1800 off of a future timeshare purchase or an equally valuable timeshare for free.
What I accepted from the seller:
$750 off my next purchase or an equally valuable timeshare for free.

I really like this seller. I am impressed that he listened and responded to me in a professional way. In fact, he didn't have to do anything to help me since I bid and I agreed to pay. Good on you Sean!!!

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is GREAT NEWS!!! I am glad you were able to work something out!!! I asked my seller if he would be interested in taking my Vacation Village at Parkway and I would pay next years MF he said no..... They have a contract with a timeshare place and sell trade ins only for them.... Dave:hi:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
No discount fee for home group booking, still $159 fee. It's done via RCI.

Just select "Home Reservations" on the exchange screen.

No, it's $40 if exchanged on-line, or $50 if done over the phone, for a non-home-week, "Home Reservation". The clincher is if you book a "Home Reservation", it must be more than 30 days out and require more than 9,000 RCI Points.

I just went thru this yesterday. I own 80K annual RCI Points at the GV (paid $126). All I wanted was 1 or 2 nites for the 2nd weekend (the 10th/11th) in October. Although I can't get the individual nites, I can get a 1-BDRM for a full week for 7500 points, but RCI wants a $209 exchange fee. When I did an on-line chat with a RCI agent on Sunday, he informed me about the preceding policy that I mentioned.

http://pgs.rci.com/landing/ptr/fees/indexUS.html

Select "Exchange Vacations".

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Home group means all vacation Village affilliates that are deposited as points weeks and exchanges made between 10-11 months. Thats the one that you get a month earlier than other point resorts but you get no discount on the $159 exchange fee. The $40 exchange fee is for home resort only and when done 11-12 months prior to check in for weeks that have been deposited into rci as points weeks.

The $209 for the 7500 points are weeks that are available in the RCI weeks system.

As you found out they do not discount the points required for nightly stays even at short notice in the points inventory. You do get a reduced exchange fee but are often subject to an extra housekeeping fee. This is all true whether you are booking those 1-6 nights 10 months prior or 3 days prior to check in.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer:

Yeh, I think they probably deposit the 100 in the bank right away.... But it takes weeks for them then to do the paperwork... In the past I would call twice a week, for probably a month, And nothing, I can't wait though to see all those points for next year in our account....

Dave :banana: I love time sharing.......

Glad you can use all those points. I used to have over 200k per year .... but I had to cut way back since DW couldn't get enough time off to enjoy so many vacations each year.

After she retires .... look out. :rolleyes:

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its all done!!!!

Well, I jumped... I got 120000 RCI yearly Grandview 699.00 a year right now... all paid except $100.00 to RCI to have it put to my account.... $2800.00 call me dumb if you want.... but I don't think its that bad..... I bought it through
GO Properties Service LLC.....

thanks for the input :) Dave....

Well, I checked my RCI account today and....... DRUM ROLL.... :banana: the 120000 points are in my account for next year!!!! This was REALLY fast!!!! I bought at the end of August and am now have it ALL signed sealed and delivered on Oct. 7..... Great job by everyone!!! GO Properties Service LLC. and RCI points.... this took five (5) weeks all together!!! Have a GREAT DAY!!! Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Now to book some of those vacays. That's a lot of points (by my standards anyway), so you will have a bunch of nice stays.

Jim