• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rental Confirmation Question

sgraboski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented a week from a Marriott Frenchmans Cove owner and received the confirmation in my name. I am now unable to go because of illness and my daughter and husband would still like to go. Can I get the confirmation from Interval transferred into my daughters name so they can still go?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Short answer, ask the person who rented this to you if s/he's willing to change the reservation to your daughter's name.

If this is a rental of a Marriott Owner's Week or DC Points reservation, it's simple for the Owner/Member to call in to Owner Services and change the name on the reservation.

If this is a rental of an II exchange, the person from whom you rented would have to purchase a Guest Certificate in order to change the name on the reservation. Assuming one GC has already been purchased to place the reservation in your name, purchasing another may call II's attention to the fact that this is an exchange rental (which isn't a good thing because II prohibits rentals of their exchanges and Getaways.)

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Q. How do I purchase a Guest Certificate online?
You´ll have the opportunity to purchase a Guest Certificate online at the time you make an exchange confirmation or place a request.

You can also purchase a Guest Certificate online when you buy your Getaway.

If your transaction was already completed, simply go to your Member Corner and click on “My Transactions” to view your exchange and Getaway history. You have the option to add, modify or delete a Guest Certificate for any current exchange or Getaway transaction by clicking the “ADD/MODIFY/DELETE” button.

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=help-faq

The person issuing the guest certificate will be your point of first contact. Note that the verbiage in the FAQ includes the words 'add', 'delete' and 'modify'.

What I routinely do for tenants who rent directly from me is, if such an inconvenience arises, add another name to the reservation, such as a family member who is arriving earlier, which often happens when families are coming in from various areas for vacations. Stuff happens.

Have the owner of the certificate/interval advocate on your behalf with Interval. Be aware that monetary compensation for guest certificates is a violation of their TOU so, if discovered, consequences could obtain. That ship has already sailed so IMO simply move forward.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I rented a week from a Marriott Frenchmans Cove owner and received the confirmation in my name. I am now unable to go because of illness and my daughter and husband would still like to go. Can I get the confirmation from Interval transferred into my daughters name so they can still go?

Have the person you rented the week from go in to their II account and Modify the guest certificate. Don't attempt to call II yourself and update the confirmation. That could result in problems for the person that rented an II exchange, and you and your daughter in a heap of trouble with no place to stay and having to battle the owner.