• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villas of Sedona

bella snyder

Reaction score
I own a flex week at the villas sedona. 2 bedroom. Would like to sell but know if it worth anything. I have enjoyed exchanging the week. Any words of wisdom?

:bawl:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any words of wisdom?

Only two: List it. You might look it up on eBay (look at completed auctions) to see what those have sold for. I have a hunch it won't command a big price- maybe a few hundred at most. Maybe less. You won't know until you list it. Could be that you'll have to offer to pay for the transfer, or book a holiday week to throw in for the new owners.

I own there, 2BD 2BA +loft converted to RCI Points. Nice place, well managed by VRI.

Jim

bella snyder

Reaction score
We have taken advantage of the trading of this unit but rci seems to be making it harder to trade. They don't give it many points. We like to travel to the Caribbean and usually don't have enough points. They called and asked if I would like to trade to points. But I was a little leery of the sales pitch. I seem to find better deals on line for the weeks we need to travel. We both work for a school so we travel on peak season.
Did the points work better for you? I don't think I would change until retire.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX will accept it. If you reserve a high value week, you'll not only get an exchange, but you can get a bonus week. At least I did several times in the past - I have an EOY and didn't deposit Villas with them for 2014.

Check them out at www.sfx-resorts.com

bella snyder

Reaction score
SFX

What what I read in the forums is that none is happy with them. Sounds like I had better just try and sell my timeshare and just rent from other owners. It gets to frustrating with putting in a request and having to wait months to find out if there is anything available.:mad:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am happy with SFX, but I have reasonable expectations. They operate in a different manner than RCI and II. They have less resorts just sitting available for people to book. So if people are not happy it is likely that they are expecting a level of inventory like RCI.

They offer higher quality resorts, and specialize in certain areas. You can put in a request for where ever you want, but it just may not get met if they can't provide what you are wanting.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's far from true that "none" is happy. I've been using them exclusively for exchanges for a number of years.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I am happy with SFX, but I have reasonable expectations. They operate in a different manner than RCI and II. They have less resorts just sitting available for people to book. So if people are not happy it is likely that they are expecting a level of inventory like RCI.

They offer higher quality resorts, and specialize in certain areas. You can put in a request for where ever you want, but it just may not get met if they can't provide what you are wanting.

What areas do they specialize in?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What areas do they specialize in?

Mexico for sure, there are always plenty on the public sell off list, they have agreements for selling off excess, don't think those are owner deposits.

Western US and Hawaii, Europe. Whatever people deposit.

I've deposited Bay Club and Kingsland 1br and exchanged into Coronado and Sedona 2br.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially strong in California and Mexico, but I've gotten NYC, London, Scotland, Aruba (twice), Hawaii 4 times.

Because they have much smaller inventory than the big guys, when I request, I usually have as big a time window as I can accept. I also request multiple locations.

Once I requested Las Vegas and I had to have a 2 BR. They asked if I would consider a certain resort and said they would call me back. They got me what I needed from somewhere in their network.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had some great exchanges with SFX. Much nicer company to deal with. Our daughter and son in law decided last month that they wanted to go to Disneyland in Feb but also wanted to do other things in the area so didn't care if they were staying right in Anaheim. There are five travelling so I called my agent at SFX and she got me a 2 bedroom at Riviera Beach & Spa Resort for the exact dates they wanted the same dayI called. Also no guest certificate required.

Lynn

bella snyder

Reaction score
SFX

I usually try to fade to the carribean. But don't have much luck with RCI because of the week I have to go. Spring break.
Just trying to find other options on how to use my time share.
Thanks for any help.
I own a floating week at the villas of sedona