• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to TUG

Ewigi

TUG Member
Reaction score
:wave: So excited to finally join the family. I've been browsing TUG for a couple years, but hadn't decided to join till today. First, A little background. We bought the sales hype at Tahiti Village in 2008 and went all out with the Royal Tahitian New Years week. Our first timeshare. Way overpriced, now that I've read TUG, but once you have it, you're stuck with it. so we decided to make the best of it. We had trading power with II.

We stayed at the resort several times then:

- Marriott's Mountainside resort in Park City Utah, 4th of July week 2011. Great trade for My wife and I and our 2 kids.
- South Lake Tahoe over thanksgiving week 2011, but lost it due to a family emergency. Only Interval loss we've suffered so far.
- Sheraton Vistana resort near Disneyworld over Spring break/Easter, 2013. We sailed the week before on the Disney Fantasy where we became DVC members. Love it! wish we had known about it (and TUG) before purchasing our Royal Tahitian.
- Lagonita Lodge, Big Bear, CA over Thanksgiving 2013 (II trade) and love it!
- Royal Tahitian (our interval) over New years 2014, where we became RCI members and added on an every other year Moorea unit.
- Disney Fantasy Cruise over Spring break 2014 (using DVC points and cash) where we added another DVC contract.
- Marriott Manor at Ford's Colony, Williamsburg, VA Jul/Aug, 2014 (II trade)

Future plans:
- Aulani over spring break 2015 (DVC points)
- Westgate resort Orlando, FL Aug/2015 (II trade)
- DVC Member cruise (DVC points) in Aug, 2015.
- Dolphin's Cove resort (RCI) Thanksgiving week, 2015.

And now that We're RCI members, figuring out how to get an OGS going for a stay at the Grand Californian at Disneyland.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
And now that We're RCI members, figuring out how to get an OGS going for a stay at the Grand Californian at Disneyland.

This is a small resort with huge demand, so a very difficult exchange:

• Put the OGS in a year or more in advance
• Request a broad range of dates (school holidays are very difficult to get.)
• Have 60 TPU available for a 2 bdm.

Last edited:

Ewigi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, DeniseM! I'm putting in a request for anytime summer 2016. If we don't get it, ce la vie.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, DeniseM! I'm putting in a request for anytime summer 2016. If we don't get it, ce la vie.

Let us know, if you will, please, if you get a match.

This would be a nice score !

Hope it works for you.

-

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
This is a small resort with huge demand, so a very difficult exchange:

• Put the OGS in a year or more in advance
• Request a broad range of dates (school holidays are very difficult to get.)
• Have 60 TPU available for a 2 bdm.

Since they apparently own 2 DVC (Aulani) TS's can't they do an internal DVC exchange. I thought that was one advantage of owning DVC and want to stay at DVC resorts?

:doh: Obviously I know nothing about DVC.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Since Aulani is enormously expensive to own, I'm guessing the don't want to use it as a trader.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be easier to use RCI to trade into Aulani and use your DVC points at VGC. I got matched to a 2 bedroom OV at Aulani 3rd week of March. I've had running searches for summer VGC, that never matched.

Lborneke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
How difficult is it?

how difficult is it to trade into Disney using RCI? And what about for a large group that may want to go?