• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Owners Sales Presentation

CalifasGirl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to educate myself on the "new programs" that Worldmark is trying to sell on their owners. I went to the sales pitch at Wolf Creek in which the salesman was talking about RCI membership was now provided free to the owners, but we had to upgrade to a certain amount of points.

I had just renewed my RCI membership, so I was confused as to what he was talking about. Do we have free RCI membership as Worldmark owners? What was all that stuff he was talking about? I tend to glaze over on sales pitches, so I usually forget most of the stuff unless I were to write it down. I was reading stuff about Wyndham on TUG, but then I realized the owners were Fairfield owners, and I didn't think it applied to Worldmark.

Geez, I go to graduate school for a few years and stop reading TUG and the Worldmark forums, and now I'm totally LOST! Should I go to an owner's education workshop again since so much has changed?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you get a lot of good info at those workshops and also new developments.

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
TravelShare is the new sales gimmick that has separate fees and separate, non-guaranteed benefits provided by Wyndham. They force you to buy a minimum of 5-6K additional credits to become TravelShare eligible. Part of the TravelShare benefits package is a free RCI membership. You can still join RCI and/or II on your own without TravelShare.

There's an entire section devoted just to TravelShare, its benefits, costs, etc. over on the WM Owners forum at www.wmowners.com/forum/

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks, RichM. Maybe I should book an owner's workshop, too, to see if they explain the new programs. I remember making a comment that they needed to explain how RCI exchanges work a long time ago, so I was delighted to see that they did indeed have a workshop exclusively on exchanging.

PerryM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask a simple question...

Thanks, RichM. Maybe I should book an owner's workshop, too, to see if they explain the new programs. I remember making a comment that they needed to explain how RCI exchanges work a long time ago, so I was delighted to see that they did indeed have a workshop exclusively on exchanging.

Just remember that there is the "Wyndham way of doing things" and the "WM owner way of doing things" - the two are sometimes 180 degrees apart.

Be careful that you don't get:
1) Lies
2) Wrong information
3) Slanted information
4) One sided information
5) Old information

Personally I'd never attend one of their seminars - we did once about 5 years ago and the list I compiled above was from that seminar.

I'd start off the seminar asking the simple question of the person presenting:
"Are you a WM owner and if so did you pay $1.98 for WM credits or 65 cents for the same exact credits?"

That should get the seminar off to a rousing start...

P.S.
The second question should be:
"How many here paid less than $1.00 for their WM credits?"

You can then apologize to the presenter and turn the rest of the seminar over to them. Be prepared to field a lot of questions when its time for a break, you will be mobbed with them.

P.P.S.
I've been tempted to ask the question "How much did everyone pay for their airline tickets?" on a flight just before they lock the doors for take off. That would get folks in the mood when the flight attendant says "Thanks for flying with us".

P.P.P.S.
To anyone listening to my advice of selling resale WM credits from your own account, this is the place to hire someone to walk around the front of the hotel with the sign:

"Buy my WM credits for 1/2 price"

Great way to get WM owners who would like to add credits to their account. You can also buy credits too.

Last edited:

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Califas: A meeting on RCI exchanging? Where do they hold those?

kapish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Learn vacation exchanging tips & tricks from other WM owners!

Selected owner education sessions include training on exchanges using RCI (and my be II as well.)

Details at the WorldMark site.

From what I heard from members who had attended these sessions, one learns more about exchanging from fellow WorldMark owners at sites like TUG and www.wmowners.com than from the under-qualified trainers at these events!

More information on exchanging with your WorldMark weeks can be found at this link

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Kapish said, it's the classes with the "E" next to them.

I made the mistake of buying developer credits. I looked at a no-housekeeping account, but couldn't see paying $2 per credit for one after looking at the prices for a regular account. Still balking at the idea of the Travel Share program. The more I read, the less I like. At least I'm using the account more often now. I'm usually in the negative, borrowing credits from the following year.

I used to read the WM forums like an addict, but then graduate school happened, and now I have barely enough time to do anything. I should be reading right now, but it's the weekend... :banana:

Bill4728

Reaction score
At least I'm using the account more often now. I'm usually in the negative, borrowing credits from the following year.

One option to borrowing credits from next year is rent credits from other WM owners for a small rental fee.

There are several thread about how to do this but I understand there is a forum on WMowners for this purpose.

Good Luck

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a credit rental board on the WorldMark Vacation Forum. You need to be registered as a WorldMark owner to access that section of the forum to either post credits that you have available to rent out or to view the current listings of available credits. It normally takes a few days from the time you register until the time you are approved to access the rental board.

cruisin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Worldmark vacation forum is a great place to rent credits, Many of the owners renting credits there do not have a clue about what goes on with Wyndham, and it is easy to get cheap credits.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travelshare dues?

The RCI membership is NOT free. You pay for it every month as part of the Travelshare dues.
Wait, there's additional dues as part of being a Travelshare member? This is apart from the regular maintenance fees? :eek:

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait, there's additional dues as part of being a Travelshare member? This is apart from the regular maintenance fees? :eek:

It is rolled into your MF and paid together, but yes, TS owners are paying for it as long as they own whether they use it or not.

melschey

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, on top of your regular MFS there are Travelshare dues that the amount varies depending on the size of your account. So RCI membership is not exactly free.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
decided to buy another account instead

Well, I decided to buy another account resale and add it to my current account. How long does this process take to add two accounts into one?
Or should I keep two accounts? Is it really worth the maintenance fees to keep them separate?