• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying rci points

jimmy44

TUG Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about buying some rci points off ebay and them being posted to my rci points account. what do i need to lookout for?:shrug:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A one time points transfer or buying a points resort?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think RCI allows buying/selling of points. Transferring between friends/family is, but not for profit. You might buy these, but either not be able to add them to your account, or worse, have your account, and the seller's cancelled.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While it is clearly against RCI rules, there are ads for the sale of rci one time points all the time both on ebay and places like TUG marketplace. Unlike selling II exchanges, there have never been any actual reports of anyone being sanctioned in any way, shape or form for selling RCI points. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen or that you can't be the first, just never heard of it happening. Even selling RCI exchange weeks which has much stronger language written in the Terms and Conditions, you rarely hear about sanctions, especially compared to the number of those renting DVC RCI exchanges alone, even when one calls up and reports DVC RCI rentals, it doesn't seem like RCI does anything about it.

So just as non home resorts in SVN and Hilton Vacation Club are expressly prohibited, it seems like until those companies start enforcing the rules, people will do it.

So to the OP, that is something you need to look out for. It's against the rules and you might want to make sure that if RCI starts enforcing and you do not get the points you paid for, there is a clause that you will get you money refunded. On the other hand since you now know it is against the rules can you have an enforceable contract that is predicated on breaking the rules? Will RCI decide not only to refuse the transfer but will they decide to make an example of you and close both your RCI account and the seller's RCI account without any refunds.