• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Phone offer

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Phoned me today with an offer and I was wondering what any else was contacted or had any comments.

for 2995 (family of 4):

Open Cruise with any of the major line (7 days min) for entire family that could be booked anytime in the next 18 month (i think) - no blackouts/restrictions. ANy publicly available cruise.

AND

exclusive 7 day at a number of 5 star resorts worldwide - open reservation.

does anyone have details on this offer.

Like - cruise cabin upgrades, extra charges, airfares, any catches, resorts involved?

geekette

Reaction score
this has been around a while. gut feel? ripoff.

ask them to send you the offer in writing, read fine print. My personal opinion is that you can do much better on your own. HOWEVER, since cruises are per-person pricing, only you know if taking your family on a cruise + land trip would be cheaper than paying outright for the cruise.

I do not believe Any Sailing, Any Resort, No Blackout Dates. nor do I believe that 5* resorts will be available.

Dave&Linda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. We've been getting a call a day from RCI (317) 805-8000 all week but nobody was around to answer. Sounds like a rip-off to me as well.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have me on speed dial

I think RCI has hired a person to just call me. Just kidding, but they call often with similiar offers.

Does the $3000 include port fees and tips? They could run $500 easily. They usually do not include them in the price even though they are mandatory (port fees) or automatically included (tips) in your bill. I think they pay the workers on the cruises a small amount and you are expected to make up for their below min wage salary with tips. There is only one cruise line I know of that does not do that. I have never taken RCI up on their offer.

Thanks,
Joe

davek926

TUG Member
Reaction score
I almost did it a couple of weeks ago, but didn't. The ability to transfer the cruise to soemone else made it sound good to me.

If I rememeber the 2995 did not include port fees, etc.

At the end, my gut feeling told me not to rush into it.

Dave