• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points / 3 year RTU lease

cr4909

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, RCI will not take any resort into RCI points without being Silver Crown or better. Twin Rivers would be ideal for the program, but they just won't take us.

How can this be? There are plenty of RCI Points resorts that are lower than Silver Crown. I would think that RCI would be more than happy to add a ski resort to their inventory for points, since they are heavily invested in their Points program.

On a side note, I'd be curious to know how much a resort pays to be affiliated with RCI, and what the difference is (to the resort) to be a Points resort or Weeks resort.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 Year Rci Points Lease Package Update

I just rec this from Bill- I wanted to know "how the program works,cost, and how many points I can use else where( can I use these pts at any RCI pts resort???). Here's his reply.
Hope this helps

maggiesmom

Re: RCI Lease Program‏
Sent: Sat 10/03/09 12:46 PM

OCTOBER 3, 2009

CLUB TRINIDAD 3 YEAR RCI POINTS LEASE PACKAGE UPDATE:
Our revised program has been resubmtted to the HOA for their
approval/minor modifications. THE BOARD WILL BE MEETING
TUESDAY OCTOBER 6. We anticipate no problems.

This package will be forwarded to you in detail and well as posting
NEW ads on TUG and TIMESHARE FORUMS.

Thank you for you patience!

Bill

Bill Riney's

Bill Riney

P.S. Could someone Please explain how this lease program works, is there a link some where I can go to , to get more information???, Thanks

maggiesmom

Last edited by a moderator:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Yes, I got the same email today from Bill. We should know something by the end of next week. I think this is a great way to get into points, or to add points to an existing RCI account.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Still waiting to hear from Bill regarding the lease points program. Hopefully, someone will post a message when the program is up and running again.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I'm still waiting as well.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Still have not had an update from Bill on this. Initially he stated that the points would be available some time in October. Hopefully, the points will still be available. I'll send an email to Bill for an update.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Maggiesmom: I didn't realize that you asked how the program works. The information I have is from the Timeshare Forum which explains the breakdown of points:

WITH THIS RTU LEASE YOU HAVE THE OPTION EVERY 3 YEARS TO RENEW FOR ANOTHER 3 YEARS FOR JUST $99.00 - ($33.00/YEAR ) NO OTHER CHARGES APPLY AT at the end of your 1st 3 year period. IF, at the START of THE third YEAR, you decide that you believe that the points program is not in your best interest - simply do not renew the lease.

13,000 Points - ..01206/Point - GREAT ENTRY LEVEL FOR Points For Deposit (Annual MF - $156.80 for 13,000 Points)
ALSO AVAILABLE
43,500 Points - .0100/Point (Annual MF - $435.00 for 43,500 Points)
63,000 Points - .0096/Point (Annual MF - $604.80 for 63,000 Points)
83,000 Points - .0090/Point (Annual MF - $747.00 for 83,000 Points)

YOUR TOTAL COST!

3 Year Lease Cost - $ 99.00
PLUS
NEW POINTS MEMBERSHIPS AND Existing Weeks Members - $224.00 (Existing WEEKS members will get $124.00 CREDIT towards future annual dues.)

PLUS

ONE TIME ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLOSING COSTS - $299.00

PLUS

YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES

If you have questions, do not hesitate to call Bill at 913.927.5778 OR EMAIL:
Bill_Riney@yahoo.com.

Last edited:

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
any new info?

Has anyone received any recent information on the points lease through Club Trinidad?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just got off the phone with Bill a few minutes ago, coincidentally.

Bill has some points packages available, but they are very small packages for now. I know he wants to get some larger packages set up for the leases soon.

Bill has a lot on his plate right now, and he is working with Club Trinidad to get this going forward.

He has been swamped with family illnesses and with planning class reunions, too.

You can reach him at bill_riney@yahoo.com He emailed me right back, within a day. Then he followed up with a call today. Nice guy, and he is just trying to help his resort, Club Trinidad, which is admirable, in my opinion.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wow, thanks for the update. I missed this posting. I've emailed Bill several times this month and have not gotten a reply. I was beginning to think that the program is no longer available.

ssummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've emailed and spoken with Bill several times in the last couple of weeks. I actually just signed a 3yr lease agreement for 60,000 points with him/Club Trinidad.

In short, the lease program appears to be in place, and they do have point packages (both small and large). The program terms have changed a bit from what's posted above however. Basically it's a little bit more $$, but everything is fixed for the 3 yr term...no MF increases, and no special assessments.

I would try to either email him again or send him a PM through these message boards. He was very helpful and responsive to all of my questions regarding the program and Edna at Club Trinidad was great as well...if all goes well, I should be able to make my first RCI reservation by the end of the month!

Last edited:

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've emailed and spoken with Bill several times in the last couple of weeks. I actually just signed a 3yr lease agreement for 60,000 points with him/Club Trinidad.

In short, the lease program appears to be in place, and they do have point packages (both small and large). The program terms have changed a bit from what's posted above however. Basically it's a little bit more $$, but everything is fixed for the 3 yr term...no MF increases, and no special assessments.

I would try to either email him again or send him a PM through these message boards. He was very helpful and responsive to all of my questions regarding the program and Edna at Club Trinidad was great as well...if all goes well, I should be able to make my first RCI reservation by the end of the month!

What are the latest terms and costs for these leases?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
$99 + Annual Fees + 1-Time Set-Up Fee + RCI Points Initiation Fee.

What are the latest terms and costs for these leases?
Annual fees vary with the points-value of the particular lease. All the other fees, I believe, are fixed regardless of lease size.

I haven't looked at the ad lately. The fees listed in the heading of this entry are what I remember from the last time I did see the ad.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual fees vary with the points-value of the particular lease. All the other fees, I believe, are fixed regardless of lease size.

I haven't looked at the ad lately. The fees listed in the heading of this entry are what I remember from the last time I did see the ad.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

I'll be renewing my lease in 2010 for the $99 fee. I contracted for a fairly large number of points 3 years ago and from the discussions I've read I'm under the impression that only contracts for smaller point totals are available now. I was hoping that someone familiar with what the current offerings are would post them along with the current fees for new contracts.

Personally I'm all set. Just curious.

ssummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that someone familiar with what the current offerings are would post them along with the current fees for new contracts.

Personally I'm all set. Just curious.

This is the information I received from Bill Riney via emal on 11/23/2009:

If you own a RCI Weeks Resort and are looking for an opportunity to convert those Weeks into RCI Points with the POINTS FOR DEPOSIT PROGRAM - you need to look no further.

Our package is the best value available. Our resort is RCI Resort 1096 - Club Trinidad, Palm Springs, CA

State of California allows 3 Year Right-to-Use Real Estate Timeshare Leases. We have adopted this program to aid the RCI Points Members in more efficient management of Vacation Plans and PROTECTION to you in the event of Favorable OR Unfavorable CHANGES in the timeshare exchange service industry.

THIS IS A 3-YEAR RTU (Right-To-Use) LEASE. IN OUR PAST OFFERINGS WE HAVE OFFERED A 2nd, 3rd and 4th 3 YEARS RENEWAL FOR JUST $99.00 - ($33.00/YEAR ). DUE TO A INTERNAL CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT, WE CANNOT, AT THIS TIME, GUARANTEE MULTIPLE YEAR RENEWALS. HOWEVER, WE EXPECT THAT THIS 3 YEAR PROGRAM RENEWAL WILL BE AVAILABLE (99% is my estimate) AND THE $99.00 3 YEAR FEE WILL APPLY. During 3 year period, you will have NO increase in Maintenance Fees and NO ASSESSMENTS.

IF, at the START of the THIRD YEAR, you decide that you believe that the points program is not in your best interest - simply WALK AWAY. When Club Trinidad advises you that you may renew this program for another 3 years, you will be responsible for another $99.00 3-year lease fee and your maintenance fee will increase by 6% (fixed for another 3 years without assessments).

13,000 Points - .0130/Point - GREAT ENTRY LEVEL FOR Points For Deposit (Annual MF - $169.00 for 13,000 Points)

45,000 Points - .0120/Point – (Annual MF - $540.00 for 45,000 Points)

60.000 Points - .0110/Point – (Annual MF - $660.00 for 60,000 Points)

YOUR TOTAL COST WILL BE:
PLUS
NEW RCI POINTS MEMBERSHIPS AND Existing Weeks Members - $224.00 (Existing WEEKS members will get $124.00 CREDIT towards future annual dues.)
PLUS
PLUS
YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
MF'S and RCI Points/Week Dues
TOTAL COST - 1st Year Years 2 & 3 (each year)
13,000 Points = $ 791.00 $ 293.00
45,000 Points = 1,162.00 664.00
60,000 Points = 1,282.00 784.00​

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the information I received from Bill Riney via emal on 11/23/2009:

If you own a RCI Weeks Resort and are looking for an opportunity to convert those Weeks into RCI Points with the POINTS FOR DEPOSIT PROGRAM - you need to look no further.

Our package is the best value available. Our resort is RCI Resort 1096 - Club Trinidad, Palm Springs, CA

State of California allows 3 Year Right-to-Use Real Estate Timeshare Leases. We have adopted this program to aid the RCI Points Members in more efficient management of Vacation Plans and PROTECTION to you in the event of Favorable OR Unfavorable CHANGES in the timeshare exchange service industry.

THIS IS A 3-YEAR RTU (Right-To-Use) LEASE. IN OUR PAST OFFERINGS WE HAVE OFFERED A 2nd, 3rd and 4th 3 YEARS RENEWAL FOR JUST $99.00 - ($33.00/YEAR ). DUE TO A INTERNAL CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT, WE CANNOT, AT THIS TIME, GUARANTEE MULTIPLE YEAR RENEWALS. HOWEVER, WE EXPECT THAT THIS 3 YEAR PROGRAM RENEWAL WILL BE AVAILABLE (99% is my estimate) AND THE $99.00 3 YEAR FEE WILL APPLY. During 3 year period, you will have NO increase in Maintenance Fees and NO ASSESSMENTS.

IF, at the START of the THIRD YEAR, you decide that you believe that the points program is not in your best interest - simply WALK AWAY. When Club Trinidad advises you that you may renew this program for another 3 years, you will be responsible for another $99.00 3-year lease fee and your maintenance fee will increase by 6% (fixed for another 3 years without assessments).

13,000 Points - .0130/Point - GREAT ENTRY LEVEL FOR Points For Deposit (Annual MF - $169.00 for 13,000 Points)

45,000 Points - .0120/Point – (Annual MF - $540.00 for 45,000 Points)

60.000 Points - .0110/Point – (Annual MF - $660.00 for 60,000 Points)

YOUR TOTAL COST WILL BE:
PLUS
NEW RCI POINTS MEMBERSHIPS AND Existing Weeks Members - $224.00 (Existing WEEKS members will get $124.00 CREDIT towards future annual dues.)
PLUS
PLUS
YEARLY MAINTENANCE FEES
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
60,000 Points = 1,282.00 784.00​

Thanks for posting the new rates & fees. This is still a fine deal for those wishing for a trial period for RCI points (walk away if it doesn't seem to fit).

No longer such a good deal if you know you're into RCI points and you are considering this as a longer term source.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
This is a change from the previous offerings. I'll have to give this more thought since I'm already a points owner.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I just received this update from Bill a few minutes ago. It might be more beneficial at this point to wait a little longer.

YES - I am in the final stages - by 2/1/10 - that will be the BEST points package EVER.
If you are interested NOW in the 13,000 point package, that is available at this time. This has been a difficult time for all but, despite the governemnt intervention, will make us stronger. Call me as I am very short on time at this time - but should be caught up by 1-1-10. If you could post to TUG and timeshareforums, I would appreciate.

Thanks!

Bill

Bill Riney's
InkFromBill
YourInkOnlineStore
Agency Systems
PointsForTimeshares

Bill Riney

advocatemom

TUG Member
Reaction score
January updates

Hi all,

I just emailed Bill this morning to see if I've missed anything on the 3-year lease. If any of you have rec'd an update this year, I'd love to hear it. I'm still hoping this is available and something we can try out.

Anyone who is new to the program, can you update us on how the experience was? Have you been able to use your points yet?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Jacque

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this the latest cost structure for these leases, indicating it cost $2850 over 3 years to obtain 60K RCI Points per year?

60,000 Points = 1,282.00 784.00

vacationdoc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI RTU Points

Hi all,

Anyone who is new to the program, can you update us on how the experience was? Have you been able to use your points yet

Jacque

I signed on for the 3 year 83,000 points in June, 09 and have booked these resorts Hawaii Big Island for Jan-Feb 2010: SVC Paniolo Greens 2br 2 weeks for exhange fees and 18,000 points; HGVC Waikola Bay Club 1br 1 week for ef and 9,000 points and Kona Coast II 1 br for ef and 9000 points. I am very happy with the program, since I can book last minute and do not want to deal with a forever timeshare.