• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

leftover RCI points

candygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have completed the sale of all my timeshares, booked vaca, used max points for air and car rental and still have 1300 (I know not alot) points left. Is this enough to give to anyone or should I just say bye to them for good?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not a lot, but it's probably better to give them to someone instead of letting them go. Provided you don't have to pay the transfer fee since it's about the equivalent of about $10-$15 in MF. :wave:

vista9

Reaction score
I might have some to give away too

I might have some rci points that are about to expire. Are they worth anything to anyone (for free?) or since they are expiring, then they would expire for you too? .

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use Year's are different. My use year is June 30-July 1

I might have some rci points that are about to expire. Are they worth anything to anyone (for free?) or since they are expiring, then they would expire for you too? .

Also, it's dependent on whether you've paid to extend them already. If you haven't extended them, the number of points expiring points may be worth the cost of the extension. I've never had that problem, so I'm unsure of the cost. I've already blown out my points for 2016 and my use year started July 1 and I've dipped into my 2017 use year.

Another factor, stated previously, is whether you've transferred RCI Points to another person's account within the past year. If you haven't, then there would be no transfer fee. However, if you have, then RCI will charge a $98 transfer fee.

So, "are they worth anything to anyone (for free?)", the answer is yes, maybe.

candygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to get some info on this. The points are leftover from my 2016 use year which is Sept. 1st 2016 through August 31st 2017. I have not paid to extend them nor have I ever given RCI points to anyone so does this mean I can just give them to someone without paying RCI anything? (Since when does RCI not charge for ANYTHING!?) Thanks for the help!

BEV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum membership

IT IS ADVERTISED that Platinum members can transfer them FREE --just found out that Legacy RCI member may NOT be able to accept them.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS MUMBO JUMBO-- WHAT ABOUT the one yr exception.. does that mean Platinum members, as well??

DOES ANYONE want to pay me 2 cents a point for 70,000 --useable before Dec 31. 2016??

Last edited: