• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanted - 5 hrs or less from Cincy, waterfront, dates flexible!

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

flagerrific

Reaction score
We need a mini vacation! Don't want to travel more than 5 hours from Cincinnati in any direction. Prefer something on the water or close to the water. We are flexible on dates. Just want to get away! :) Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
All requests in the forum must state a date, or range of dates, within the next 45 days, because this is the Last Minute Rental Forum.

You can add info. you your post by clicking on EDIT.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
See my new posting on LMR thread -- 4 nights a the waterparks of Glacier Canyon - May 5th --- 3bdr. :D

Is that within 5 hours?

flagerrific

Reaction score
I wish it was!! Unfortunately, it's almost 8 hours away. Thank you for offering though. If nothing else works out and you still have it available, I may contact you about it. Thanks again!

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Hi Flag!
we lived in Yellow Springs for 22 years and finally got to timesharing in 2003 -

to be honest , a timeshare on water within 5 hours does not come to mind quickly---

that Glacier Canyon offer from Linda is FABULOUs - very difficult to get in there --

Sieverville/Gait - by Knoxville.. (Wyndham Smoky mountains) we found to be the closest Wyndham timeshare at 5 horus so we would stay there to and from FL...made it easy and a nice stop.

There's FRench Lick, IN - 4 hours - but not the "water" you want.

Ah, the problem with living in the Midwest....

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish it was!! Unfortunately, it's almost 8 hours away. Thank you for offering though. If nothing else works out and you still have it available, I may contact you about it. Thanks again!

If it's within a day's drive you should take it . . . . Can't check in till after 4:00 that's a full day. On the way back break the drive in half if you have to

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
..There's FRench Lick, IN - 4 hours - but not the "water" you want.

Ah, the problem with living in the Midwest....

It is very near Lake Patoka and if you don't find a timeshare I'd consider renting one of the cabins on the water.

We went last year and took the big boat tour and if you can get out before the leaves bud out you'll see a few bald eagles nests.

http://www.patokalakemarina.com/

You could always come up to lake Erie but only one TS that I know of and I never see it offered anywhere. Plenty of other places to rent around Marblehead and Port Clinton. The walleye fishing is heating up.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Glacier Canyon is a 3bdr unit - sleeps 10 person (8 people with no one sleeping on a sofa bed). Still available....

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day