• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Trade Into DVC SSR

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our ongoing search hit on a 1 bedroom Saratoga Springs for a week in Feb 2017 :) This is the first time we are trading into DVC. Couple of questions:

I confirmed the RCI trade on 8/18/16, I haven't heard anything from Disney yet. Will I hear from Disney first or should I call member services?

We are DVC owners, will we still be charged the $190 exchange fee?

We are going to fly to Orlando a few days early, rent a car and travel to the beach on the Atlantic side. Can I return the rental car to the airport and take the magic express to the resort on our first day?

Thanks in advance for any help!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call. They will give you the Disney reservation number (that you can plug into MDE). Yes, you will be charged the $190 even as an owner. Yes, you can take ME at any time---it doesn't have to be the day of your flight.

mtm65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call. They will give you the Disney reservation number (that you can plug into MDE). Yes, you will be charged the $190 even as an owner. Yes, you can take ME at any time---it doesn't have to be the day of your flight.

Thanks for the quick response!

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to check one way rental rates and return the car somewhere at Disney World. Usually one way rates are more expensive but I've been able to get good rates through Enterprise picking up at MCO and dropping off at their location near Downtown Disney. I can't remember off hand the name of the Hotel it is in but they will shuttle you to SSR.

We like having a car while staying at SSR. We still use the buses for the parks, but we like to get out of the Disney bubble a couple of days and hit the outlets, restaurants and other things.

mtm65

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to check one way rental rates and return the car somewhere at Disney World. Usually one way rates are more expensive but I've been able to get good rates through Enterprise picking up at MCO and dropping off at their location near Downtown Disney. I can't remember off hand the name of the Hotel it is in but they will shuttle you to SSR.

We like having a car while staying at SSR. We still use the buses for the parks, but we like to get out of the Disney bubble a couple of days and hit the outlets, restaurants and other things.

I'll look into to a one-way rental. Thanks!

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've rented a car from Alamo at Buena Vista Palace, across street from Disney Springs. It is another option to do return. It ended up being a 45 minute walk from our room, but was worth it since I had great price and we went to Legoland.

From what I understand, the Magical Express/returning car thing can be tricky since your reservation is tied to a flight arrival. This is from Touringplans.com, a great site for Disney planning : I’m arriving in Orlando several days before my Disney room reservation starts. We’re renting a car and going to the beach. After I return the car back at the airport, can I take Magical Express to my resort?
This one is tricky. The short answer is probably yes. Here comes the long answer …
The Magical Express paperwork states, “Complimentary transportation services provided by Disney’s Magical Express are associated with a Walt Disney World room reservation and include a one way ground transfer between the Orlando International Airport and your Disney hotel on the day that you check in and a one-way ground transfer from your Disney hotel to the Orlando International Airport on the day you check out.” You’ll note that there is no language here about a need to FLY to the Airport. As long as you’re going to your resort on your check-in day, then it really doesn’t matter how you got to the airport itself.
However, Magical Express does want to know approximately what time you’ll need transportation, so they can make sure to have enough buses available. The only real mechanism they have to note is is via a flight number. Since you’re driving to the airport, you won’t have a flight number. This may fluster some ME reservationists. A good workaround is to find a flight that arrives at approximately the time you want to go to your hotel. Simply give that flight number to the reservationist as a placeholder.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
there is also Alamo and National at WDW Car care service (road by MK). They will then take you to SSR. Avis is at WDW Hilton across the street from Disney Springs. You can drop everyone off at SSR, drop car at Hilton and literally walk back over to SSR. I think Budget is at a Hotel Plaza Blvd hotel, as well, maybe the Doubletree.
For ME, let them know you are having a purposeful delay of XX hours after your flight. They will not turn you away if you show up late, as long as you have a reservation.
Yes, as DVC member, I got charged the RCI fee at check-in.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked into my RCI exchange. I just checked my pending charges and it is listed as $95. It was a very last minute exchange. I am a DVC member but this doesn't show on my DVC screen, only my MDE.

Be warned! We just spent a week in BWV standard studio. The kids were sad to leave. Then we walked into our 1 bdrm and that was it. They will trade location for space any day. lol In fact, I bought WBC and they want to stay here now instead.