• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room Requests

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Preparing for our first Wyndham stay.

Is there any need to call ahead and make a request in regards to our room? Are units vastly different? Staying in a 3 bedroom deluxe at Ocean Blvd.

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually call between 30-45 days prior to put in room request (ie: certain building, view). They don't make any promises but will usually accommodate if you have booked in the same point range. Some resorts have different points for the various view, like ocean front, ocean view, etc...

FYI another pointer:
*if you have a reservation that has multiple reservations over your stay. Wyndham will charge multiple housekeeping fees. I usually call and request to stay in the same room. They usually have already done this as well. After your stay, call the main Wyndham customer service number and they will refund the extra housekeeping points you were charged for one of the two reservation points.

Welcome to Wyndham! You will love it!

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! We are still figuring out a lot, but really looking forward to experiencing some of the resorts.

When you say you call, do you call the resort directly or the Wyndham reservation number?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call resort -- but I usually find the resort will NOT have your reservation downloaded from the reservation computer until 15-10 days before check in.

The reservation computer staff (1-800 number) is supposed to ONLY give a room number request for GOLD or high VIP members.

If you are a converted fixed week owner using your underlying week, you can request YOUR unit. If you are a Fixed Week owner, you will get your unit UNLESS there is a ADA request due to a recognized handicap issue (like you are deaf or in a wheelchair). Then you can request a ADA unit when booking (I believe).

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - Linda is correct. Call the resort directly. This is usually a perk for Wyndham gold/platinum owners, but they have usually accommodated my requests. They will add a note on the reservation when I call around 30 days. I then call back about 15 days to see if I have an assignment yet.

Good luck!