• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] How Many Timeshares Do You Own?

How many timeshare do you own?

• Zero

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • One

Votes: 36 11.4%
  • Two

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Three

Votes: 65 20.6%
  • Four

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • More than Four

Votes: 105 33.2%

• Total voters

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Two weeks at one resort, but if we don't book oceanfront, we can use the left over points to book other DRI resorts.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three so far.

1 2b Mayan Palace Holiday week lockoff with optional additional non-holiday week. Equals potentially 4 weeks/year. I often rent the holiday week which covers all of my timeshare m/f, including the ones below.

2 SA which still provide decent TPU. Got these back when SA was a good deal with great currency exchange rates, and they included RCI membership fees paid until 2024.

It's been fun playing with these, and I have more TPU than I can use, but I'll probably shuffle some things around when I have more time at retirement.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I'm up to 7, Five annuals and two biennials. I get six weeks a year. Right now
I use three and rent the rest out. When I retire we will spend at least two
Months in Hawaii, maybe three. I'll be looking for two more next year. After
That, if they are still basically free, I may get up to 12 total. Right now renting
Has been great and has given me some free vacations.:D

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Like others we've cut back as well, giving away our two Wyndham fixed weeks (which gave us three weeks annually) leaving us with just the two listed here in my profile . . . a 77k pts contract with Wyndham (Westwinds) and a floating 1-52 annual week at Lifetime in Hawaii.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
We have one but always seem to get two weeks out of it each year which is plenty for us.

kenie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairmont - 2 X 2 bdr eoy's.
Royals - 1 - B side eoy, Royal Sands to avoid the AI scam.
- 1 - Royal Mayan annual. Gone after 2013.
SDO - 1 - 1 bdr eoy.
- 1 - 2 bdr eoy.

I think we'll get rid of 1 of the Fairmont weeks.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three resorts Pollard Brook two bedroom fixed unit ski week, Cape Winds two bedroom spring week, two autumn weeks at Sanibel Beach Club.

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just the one.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

One lock out floater, two fixed weeks.

Would like to get rid of 2 now that we're both retired and can take advantage of last minute bonus deals.

I am looking to add another but hope to get rid of one or two of these first

sdbrier

TUG Member
Reaction score

4 total

3 Royals, soon to be 2 when The Mayan expires
1 KGI resort in New Smyrna, FL

Use them as well as trade them. They have worked well for us, as well the kids and friends.

I have enough though, but those darn Kauai people keep making me want to get an EOY at KBV.;) I loved it when we went, but we stayed in Princeville.

KBV looks like someting I'd enjoy. :hi:

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
37 weeks in a 3 bedroom on the ocean in Aruba at Costa Linda and 1 in Orlando at Vistana. I was living at the one in Aruba until we started raising a now 15 year old which was a couple of years ago. We have successfully rented out Aruba so see no reason to let it go. We have been asked multiple times to sell to different people but it is an automatic NO!

mrpickle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too Many?

Wyndham Kingsgate Va 2-2 Bedrooms 308k points
Wyndham Branson Mo 2 bedroom 154k Points
Holiday Inn 2 Bedroom Orange Lake Kissimmee Fl (Fixed week 37)
Summer Bay 2 bedroom EOY RCI Points
and Vacation Travel Club :shrug:

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now we own three weeks, but as of December 15, we will be down to one. Our beloved Harbour Inn Resort Club, in Ontario, is being sold to a private entity, and will no longer function as a TS resort. Hopefully, we will receive a share of the profits for the two weeks we own there.

Our Lowveld Lodge, in South Africa has been taken over by the infamous "Bullfrog" Stuart Lamont and his shyster cronies. We can no longer use our week to trade, yet he expects us to continue paying MF's on the "maybe" off-chance they will rent it and send us money (Yeah, right!). I won't pay another cent, so that puts us down to zero timeshare weeks. :eek:

A few years ago, we bought a mobile home in Florida, so we don't have the pressing need to book 5 or 6 weeks in Florida any more. We have over 200 TPU's accumulated, so they will get us through the next few years for extra trips in the spring/summer/fall. After that, we'll make use of Last Calls and Extra Getaways.

I am already missing the adrenalin-pumping hunt for the perfect week to pop up :bawl:, so you never know, maybe another purchase will be in our future.

Dori

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now we own three weeks, but as of December 15, we will be down to one. Our beloved Harbour Inn Resort Club, in Ontario, is being sold to a private entity, and will no longer function as a TS resort. Hopefully, we will receive a share of the profits for the two weeks we own there.

Our Lowveld Lodge, in South Africa has been taken over by the infamous "Bullfrog" Stuart Lamont and his shyster cronies. We can no longer use our week to trade, yet he expects us to continue paying MF's on the "maybe" off-chance they will rent it and send us money (Yeah, right!). I won't pay another cent, so that puts us down to zero timeshare weeks. :eek:

A few years ago, we bought a mobile home in Florida, so we don't have the pressing need to book 5 or 6 weeks in Florida any more. We have over 200 TPU's accumulated, so they will get us through the next few years for extra trips in the spring/summer/fall. After that, we'll make use of Last Calls and Extra Getaways.

I am already missing the adrenalin-pumping hunt for the perfect week to pop up :bawl:, so you never know, maybe another purchase will be in our future.

Dori

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

We own 8 right now.

Marriott X 2, Ocean Pointe and Grand Chateau
DRI X 2 The Suite's and the Villa's at Polo Towers
HGVC x 1 Las Vegas Strip
Grand Regency at Thousand Hills in Branson
French Quarter Resort in Branson
Grand Lodge on Peak 7 in Breckenridge

I keep thinking about getting rid of the Grand Regency week but, I keep finding nice exchanges for that week so, we end up keeping it for another year.

The French Quarter and Grand Lodge weeks are EOY so, in essence you could say we own 7 weeks.

Ocean Pointe, Grand Lodge and French Quarter we occupy our home week. DRI, HGVC and Grand Chateau we utlize internal exchange systems. Grand Regency we have exchanged every year through I.I. except for once.

Last edited:

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I would say too many. I have 1 Westgate with my Sister, 4 BG memberships, and will be picking up a RCI points shortly. Also took the plunge and picked up a CMV unit so 7 in all. They make great gifts though as I give a weeks accomodations and all they have to pay is the exchange fee.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm finding it very interesting, the number of us who have downsized our holdings!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The Sound Of Silence.

Our Lowveld Lodge, in South Africa has been taken over by the infamous "Bullfrog" Stuart Lamont and his shyster cronies. We can no longer use our week to trade, yet he expects us to continue paying MF's on the "maybe" off-chance they will rent it and send us money (Yeah, right!). I won't pay another cent, so that puts us down to zero timeshare weeks.
We are in the same boat.

Since the takeover, we have heard nothing -- i.e., zippity-doodah -- from Lowveld Lodge. No invoice for levies, no statement of account, no notices saying we are in default, nothing. Last communication we received was the form letter saying the place is no longer a timeshare.

By me, the ball is in their court.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I own 8 ownerships. Mostly points.
DVC-HGVC-RCI points -Wyndham a few fixed beach weeks and a CMV UDI.
Gave away one and two more to go this year.
I definitely own way more than I need.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
We added a second week this year, and I'm looking for a third. The youngest isn't a baby anymore, so I'm hoping to travel more. Fortunately, there's a lot within driving distance for us.
Our one was a "own where you go" week but since I picked up a cheap RCI trader, I'm going to rent the first to cover the maint fees of both weeks. I like the bonus time privledges too, so we want to hang on to it anyway. If the good RCI trader changes, I'll dump it, but at least we'll still have our other week to use where we like to visit most.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
12.5 Now, but 10 after RTU expires, unless I ditch a few

Wyndham Points (3 Resorts, 4 Weeks, VIP Platinum (but via a complicated equity rade/PIC/fixed week conversions/resale/140K purchase deal
Hilton GVC Points (2 weeks/resorts, Elite via resale which they NO longer allow, but I am grandfathered in)
Holiday Inn VC Points (1 Week/resort, via the resale Desert Club NV)
Tradewinds CC (2 weeks Club RTU,expires in 2016)
Tradewinds Experience (New Club) (1 EOY week Club, RTU expires 2023?)
Others (3 resorts, FL, MA, GA use for TPUs in my free Weeks account from Wyndham)

I too have too many, but between family, friends, and a few rentals, they all seem to get used up.

I think in all the years only 3 units have gone unused. Many Bonus weeks have gone to waste but only 3 actual weeks have gone unused. Considering that I have had years where those 12.5 weeks have yield over 26 exchanges, I think that is OK. I am at 181 deposits over the years in my RCI account. Add a large number of Wyndham exchanges, and less so for Hilton, and I am probably at over 400 bookings in just over 17 years.

I am considering getting a few more Wyndham points if I find the right package, but would like to consider dumping 2 of my others (FL and MA).

I refer to it as one of my 3 jobs, managing my timeshares. I also have a full time job and my travel agency owner job. Keeps me out of trouble.

Last edited:

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We own 2. Our first (MFV) was purchased almost exactly 10 years ago. The second (MSU) was purchased 6 years ago. We have had a lot of fun with them. My wife keeps saying we should get rid of one of them, because she thinks we can sell them for as much as we bought them for. I recently showed her how much Marriott is willing to buy them back from us for. After her mouth hit the floor, she realized that we will keep them and continue enjoying them... until the MF's get crazy (which I believe will be in the next few years).

Texasbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too many

Seven [down from 11].
One Silverleaf fixed week
One Four Seasons on the Gulf fixed week
Three Landing at Seven Coves float weeks
Two Galveston on the Gulf points weeks

Each resort has a different reason for our purchase. Silverleaf came first and the reasons to keep it are that it is near our daughter and the Endless Escape feature. Four Seasons has pretty good value to trade through RCI. The Landing has a great location, right on the lake, but this would be our choice to dispose of next. Galveston on the Gulf is our last purchase and our favorite to go to, right on the west beach.

andex

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 4
2 bedroom desert club (HIVC points)
2 bedroom lock out desert club(HIVC points)
1 bedroom delux desert club(HIVC points)
wyndham bonnet creek 178k

vettebuf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just two and we won't be buying more because DH prefers to cruise.
We'll keep exchanging our Shawnee week every year and taking advantage of RCI last call vacations.
We'll use the Royal Holiday Club for Europe over the remaining 9 years and then let it expire.