• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel Insurance

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have travel insurance with a company called Access America for a trip to Hawaii in December and another trip in March.

I will only note that I would never do business with this company again.

Sterling
:annoyed:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This really doesn't tell us anything or give us any reason not to do business with them other than the fact that you don't like them.

Travel insurance is NOT comprehensive insurance like most policies we've become accustomed to. They are very much defined benefit and defined perils. Some of them read a lot like "We'll pay a claim if your hit in the head with a baseball size piece of hail while riding a zebra backwards down main street at 12 noon on the fourth of July." You REALLY have to read these policies to make certain your getting the coverage you need. I was burnt for $1,400 in expenses when the delay was caused by an uncovered event (fisherman's strike of all things). Since then, I've learned to really pay attention to the perils the policy pays for AND under what conditions they'll pay.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
They didn't send a policy via email as requested.

First fone call I requested that they mail the policy. Never arrived

Second phone call requested that they mail the policy. 3 of 4 policies arrived postmarked 14 days after the second request.

Third phone call requested that they mail the missing policy. They said they would send the missing policy via email and smail mail. Email hasn't arrived. Neither has snail mail.

Three strikes and they are out in my book and I haven't even tried to make a claim.

Sterling
:annoyed:

Yes my email is working.

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the problem. All of their policies (including all of the fine print!) are readily available on their website under "Our Products".

Thus, if you want to be sure you know what the coverage is for any of your trips, that's the easy way to get it.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a vacation protection plan on a booked trip to Hawaii thru Expedia. It cost $79 per person. They didn't send me a policy either, I had to go to expedia and download it but, it says I can cancel one time FOR ANY REASON. :eek: Forget about hail the size of baseballs. That kind of language scares me to death - but I like it. I hope I don't have to use it and I hope it's as easy as it sounds if that moment should come.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave M said:
I'm not sure I understand the problem. All of their policies (including all of the fine print!) are readily available on their website under "Our Products".

Thus, if you want to be sure you know what the coverage is for any of your trips, that's the easy way to get it.

The problems are: They didn't email the policy like they promised, they didn't snail mail the policy like they promised, they didn't tell me all the information is available on their web site.

Sterling

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In reading the tone of your response and then re-reading my earlier post, I see I didn't word my comments very well.

I apologize.

I was intending to be helpful.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I believe most states require a 10 day free look period in which you can cancel you policy and get a full refund. That date should start from the point you actually recieve your policy. If you're not happy with their service so far, and I can't say I blame you, then you should be able to get your money back (if your still within that 10 day free look period) and find a better company.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I used Access America a lot and actually really like their service. I have always gotten email policies and they are usually sent out within 12 hours or less of purchasing a policy.

The few claims that people have made have been paid promptly within a week or two.

Just a thought, have you checked your Spam folder. I have found that is where a few policies ended up, and people didn't check there.

Sandy Lovell

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Policy received 8/28. Second copy.

Problem, I had requested my wife's policy. 15 days ago.

I think this is the fourth or fifth request for her policy.

Requested they send a paper copy of my wife's policy today 8/28/06 since email doesn't work for them.

I'm not angry just disgusted with incompetence of such a gross magnitude.

Let the buyer beware of Access America,

Sterling